You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Whats your worst day?

2»

Comments

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Whats your worst day?:
    In Response to Re: Whats your worst day? : Yeah i watched it for abit and thought there wasnt many sky players there.  I watched until the last 12?? man called rob young was the leader and playing well at that time, who eventually won it?? and where did u finish ??
    Posted by robbie1992
    That man called " rob young " is the owner of the dusk till dawn poker club mate

• edited October 2012
    i lost approx 65% of my roll in the first week of january 2010, then a week later did it again. http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4489/24993.jpg still had a winning month :P
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

The americans have a lot to answer for, if you dont read what you said in your OP, it looks like you played 50k hands in one day ! Surely not human and a bot!

In business its worse if your not on the ball and can cost thousands of pounds !

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Whats your worst day? : That man called " rob young " is the owner of the dusk till dawn poker club mate
    Posted by macapaca
    o really? i could only hear tikay talking i couldnt really see who was who
  • edited October 2012
    LOL Raise wins the thread...
    Posted by simuk
    -1. But sick sick sick graph nonetheless. Up tons in EV haha. 

@LOL_RAISE.. Do you have any $ stuck on FTP?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Whats your worst day? : o really? i could only hear tikay talking i couldnt really see who was who
    Posted by robbie1992
    Correct, Robbie, Rob Yong is the owner of DTD.

He finished 5th for £1,910, which he promptly donated to a Charity for local homeless people.

His "day job" is as the founder & owner of a large Accountancy Recruitment & Temps Agency, which is very successful. All those employed there have to sign a contract agreeing that 1% of their Salary goes to charity, the Company then matches that.

He also runs a Charity which sends disadvantaged & sick children away for holidays in cases where the parents cannot afford such things. Unusually for a charity of that type, the Administrstion Costs are nil, as the Accountancy Company pays for them.

He has a sister who is severely disabled, & who has serious life issues, & away from business & poker, he devotes much energy & time to looking after her, & has built her a house next door to his own to ensure she can receive the care she needs & deserves.

"Hero" is a word much over-used in poker, but he is one of mine, without a shadow of doubt, & he's been extremely kind to me down the years, & we still do some business together, with plans to do more......

If I can find some time, I'll do a Blog devoted to him, as I've got some incredible stories about him from down the years, & we have had some fun times & adventures together.

He really is a most unusual character, in so many ways.    
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Whats your worst day? : Correct, Robbie, Rob Yong is the owner of DTD. He finished 5th for £1,910, which he promptly donated to a Charity for local homeless people.   His "day job" is as the founder & owner of a large Accountancy Recruitment & Temps Agency, which is very successful. All those employed there have to sign a contract agreeing that 1% of their Salary goes to charity, the Company then matches that. He also runs a Charity which sends disadvantaged & sick children away for holidays in cases where the parents cannot afford such things. Unusually for a charity of that type, the Administrstion Costs are nil, as the Accountancy Company pays for them.   He has a sister who is severely disabled, & who has serious life issues, & away from business & poker, he devotes much energy & time to looking after her, & has built her a house next door to his own to ensure she can receive the care she needs & deserves.   "Hero" is a word much over-used in poker, but he is one of mine, without a shadow of doubt, & he's been extremely kind to me down the years, & we still do some business together, with plans to do more...... If I can find some time, I'll do a Blog devoted to him, as I've got some incredible stories about him from down the years, & we have had some fun times & adventures together. He really is a most unusual character, in so many ways.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sounds like a top bloke!!
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Whats your worst day? : Correct, Robbie, Rob Yong is the owner of DTD. He finished 5th for £1,910, which he promptly donated to a Charity for local homeless people.   His "day job" is as the founder & owner of a large Accountancy Recruitment & Temps Agency, which is very successful. All those employed there have to sign a contract agreeing that 1% of their Salary goes to charity, the Company then matches that. He also runs a Charity which sends disadvantaged & sick children away for holidays in cases where the parents cannot afford such things. Unusually for a charity of that type, the Administrstion Costs are nil, as the Accountancy Company pays for them.   He has a sister who is severely disabled, & who has serious life issues, & away from business & poker, he devotes much energy & time to looking after her, & has built her a house next door to his own to ensure she can receive the care she needs & deserves.   "Hero" is a word much over-used in poker, but he is one of mine, without a shadow of doubt, & he's been extremely kind to me down the years, & we still do some business together, with plans to do more...... If I can find some time, I'll do a Blog devoted to him, as I've got some incredible stories about him from down the years, & we have had some fun times & adventures together. He really is a most unusual character, in so many ways.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Wow i didnt realise all of that, thanks for the update Tikay.  That does sound pretty impressive, what a nice guy to give all his winnings to those charitys.  Good idea would definatly be interested in reading it if you did do a blog on him
  • edited October 2012
    My worst day in terms of just my biggest loss in 1 day was Thursday of last week, lost 10BIs @ 8NL in the space of about 2 hours, alot of coolers and alot of donkeyish play from me. Surprisingly I only felt bad abuot it for abuot 5 mins, then not long after standing from the tables, and putting an update in my diary, I wasn't that worried about it.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Whats your worst day? : -1. But sick sick sick graph nonetheless. Up tons in EV haha.  @LOL_RAISE.. Do you have any $ stuck on FTP?
    Posted by patwalshh
    less than $5 im sure, software always tilted me tbh. was playing on a site called batfair or botfair i cant remember exactly ;)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Whats your worst day? : less than $5 im sure, software always tilted me tbh. was playing on a site called batfair or botfair i cant remember exactly ;)
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Lucky escape then! Thanks for replying.
  • edited October 2012
    My worst day would be Sunday, 2 days ago...

So I have been grinding Hyper HUSNG's on stars for 2 months. Started at a level of $7 whilst studying the game. After a month was able to move to $15's and after another month could move to $30's.

So, Sunday was the day to take a shot. Registered to a game and won it, then won another 2. Great start :) Then registered to another game and lost it (first hand AI pre TT<AA standard) accepted re-match and lost again - got totally owned...

Ok, so declined another match as my rule is if I loose 2 first games I just find another opponent. No biggie, until I notice that my roll is so much lower than it should be.... 

By stupid mistake I have registered to a $300 game instead of $30 (in filter I've put $30 instead of $30.00 so was showing $30 and $300 games) and lost 30% of roll and 2 months of grind to get to this point in 5 minutes. Was sick to my stomach about that all day. Absolutely stupid mistake...

But, hey - if you can't change or undo it - just accept it, and learn from it....

Back to the grind...
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Whats your worst day? : less than $5 im sure, software always tilted me tbh. was playing on a site called batfair or botfair i cant remember exactly ;)
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Were you a reg on the forum there?

Or play any of the first (4) big forum games?
  • edited October 2012
    Pretty pathetic compared to most of you here as I'm a low-stakes bankroll nit and don't play cash;

It was the day I played and lost 6x £21 hyper HU SnGs in about 15 minutes against a fairly well known Sky STT reg. Unfortunately for me he was in 'god-mode' that day, hitting absolutely everything and winning every all-in when his tournament life was at risk no matter who low his equity. In one of the games he even managed to come back to win from a 20/980 chip deficit. After 6 wins he declined another rematch and went offline. Probably just as well or it might have been worse, maybe he felt sorry for me lol. 

Anyway, my lesson was learnt, I've avoided him ever since. I should have known better anyhow, he's one of the best STT HU players on the site and I was an underdog regardless. Bad game selection on my part.
  • edited October 2012
    Yeah HU Hypers can be real brutal. Thinking about it, my biggest losing day was almost certainly when I was playing Hypers, not the cash one I mentioned before. Some swingy swongy times when you play nothing but hypers.
  • edited October 2012
    About 18 months ago I lost 10 buyins in a night after a bottle of Apple Smirnof!

Never again.........................
  • edited October 2012
    My worst day would be Sunday, 2 days ago... So I have been grinding Hyper HUSNG's on stars for 2 months. Started at a level of $7 whilst studying the game. After a month was able to move to $15's and after another month could move to $30's.  So, Sunday was the day to take a shot. Registered to a game and won it, then won another 2. Great start :) Then registered to another game and lost it (first hand AI pre TT<AA standard) accepted re-match and lost again - got totally owned...  Ok, so declined another match as my rule is if I loose 2 first games I just find another opponent. No biggie, until I notice that my roll is so much lower than it should be....  By stupid mistake I have registered to a $300 game instead of $30 (in filter I've put $30 instead of $30.00 so was showing $30 and $300 games) and lost 30% of roll and 2 months of grind to get to this point in 5 minutes. Was sick to my stomach about that all day. Absolutely stupid mistake... But, hey - if you can't change or undo it - just accept it, and learn from it.... Back to the grind...
    Posted by Mariusz80
    OH no , that is gutting to lose it when you didnt even know, what a shame you couldnt have won that would of been a nice suprise lol