You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Marathon grind, should I try it? Is it possible?

2»

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Right, I've stood from my tables now...

I made £20 profit, but I did play the re-buy open and had a bit of a mare! Was in for £44 with no return, so was actually around £65 up on cash which I'm happy with. This was never really about the money, just a test of my poker stamina.

Closing C4P is 6460 so made 800 there and a few more quid.

Just need to make sure I push my evening grinds a bit more now and make sure I make priority.
  • edited October 2012

How did u get on?

• edited October 2012
    Like i put above... Stopped at 2am in the end. £65 profit on cash but £44 down in the open so £20 profit and 800 C4P... Still havent moved from 23rd on the king of cash promotion though :(
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Marathon grind, should I try it? Is it possible?:
    Like i put above... Stopped at 2am in the end. £65 profit on cash but £44 down in the open so £20 profit and 800 C4P... Still havent moved from 23rd on the king of cash promotion though :(
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hi,

What sort of volume are you putting in on the cash tables, how many tables and how many hrs a day etc...

I ask because next month I was thinking of putting in the hours and having a stab at priority......I can only play 5 tables max due to a s*** laptop. Given this fact is it a tough ask??

See you on the tables later no doubt.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Marathon grind, should I try it? Is it possible? : Hi, What sort of volume are you putting in on the cash tables, how many tables and how many hrs a day etc... I ask because next month I was thinking of putting in the hours and having a stab at priority......I can only play 5 tables max due to a s*** laptop. Given this fact is it a tough ask?? See you on the tables later no doubt.
    Posted by waller02
    Only being able to do 5 tables is going to be hard to make 10k at 30nl...

I normally only play 2 hours a night with between 10 and 12 tables and that normally makes me about 300 points. So basic maths you need to do double that plus a bit more... I think you need to be doing about 5 hours a day if you can only 5 table.

My advice.... if your making some decent money (I had a look at your diary the other day and you seem to be making profits) then keep those and put towards a new comp, over time it will pay for itself.
  • edited October 2012
    You wont have moved up yet cos you stood from the tables past midnight. You probs will tomorrow.
  • edited October 2012
    I once was offered an iPad by another poker site if I managed to rake £1000 in a day. Had to 10 table NL£200 for 10 hours. Did the lot in one go and my brain was completely fried. Managed somehow to win on the day too which was pleasant!

12 hours straight is somewhat easy if you don't have a limit on the min number of tables you are playing. 
  • edited October 2012
    @ Percival : The majority of my play came from before midnight when I was 10 tabling cash + the MTT. After that I dropped down to 8 and then 6, so although I did 2 hours in today's time it wasn't actually that much, the 4 hours I did b4 midnight should of been a lot more!

@Sim I was fine when 10-12 tabling. It was when I went down to 8 and then to 6 I just couldn't really be bothered to load more and that's why I got bored. I was surprised how many regs and a small amount of 'unknowns' still playing at 1am. The only tables with unknowns on I had build up a big stack so did the manly thing and ran with my +3 buyins :-P.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Marathon grind, should I try it? Is it possible? : Hi, What sort of volume are you putting in on the cash tables, how many tables and how many hrs a day etc... I ask because next month I was thinking of putting in the hours and having a stab at priority......I can only play 5 tables max due to a s*** laptop. Given this fact is it a tough ask?? See you on the tables later no doubt.
    Posted by waller02
    Hi Waller,

Well if you're still playing 30NL, then you get 6 points per 20 raked hands, and I usually work this kinda stuff out based on the fact you have about 50 raked hands per hour (per table).

So you're getting 15 points per hour (per table) so 75 points per hour if you're playing 5 tables every single time you play.

So to get 10,000 points @ 75 points per hour, you need to put in 134 hours in the month. I'd say you can knock a very small amount off that due to happy hours but realistically, even if you play 30 days of the month, you'd still have to be playing 5 hours a day every single day to get there.

Tough going, but if you aint got a job it's more than do-able. If you have got a job... good luck!! lol.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Marathon grind, should I try it? Is it possible? : Hi Waller, Well if you're still playing 30NL, then you get 6 points per 20 raked hands, and I usually work this kinda stuff out based on the fact you have about 50 raked hands per hour (per table). So you're getting 15 points per hour (per table) so 75 points per hour if you're playing 5 tables every single time you play. So to get 10,000 points @ 75 points per hour, you need to put in 134 hours in the month. I'd say you can knock a very small amount off that due to happy hours but realistically, even if you play 30 days of the month, you'd still have to be playing 5 hours a day every single day to get there. Tough going, but if you aint got a job it's more than do-able. If you have got a job... good luck!! lol.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I have a job......I wont be going for priority haha