You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My faith in sky poker has gone

I just played in a dym event 1st hand  pair of kings pair of queens and a pair of jacks dealt thats really going to happen in proper game STINKS

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Does the WSOP count as a proper game?

This year at one of the tables four players saw a flop, they were all holding pocket pairs; AA, QQ, 44 and 33.

Incredibly the flop came down Q43, so three of the four had flopped sets to go ahead of the AA.

The chips went piling in and all four ended-up all-in on the flop.

If that's not bad enough the turn was the case Q, and the river was the case 4, the final board read Q43Q4.
  • edited October 2012
    gary you don't believe that wsop stuff do you.... bet you read the sun to lol....
  • edited October 2012
    You had faith in skypoker?????
  • edited October 2012

What is your point though??

In a dym i'd be folding jacks 1st hand anyway if loads of action happened before me.

• edited October 2012
    I've had my money in good all bar one time today but the last 5 times i've been so far in front the opposition has had to hit 2 runners for a split and got there 3 times on the trot, the software is an absolute joke, this would never happen in real life, sky sort out the software because it really does seem to be fixed
  • edited October 2012

All online poker is slightly fixed, stuff like that does happen in real life but not very often, compared to very often online. its because of rake.. the more money in the pot = more rake for sky.
    So thats why theres constantly coolers and bad beats very often because more money is likely to go into the pot which makes sky more money.

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: My faith in sky poker has gone:
    All online poker is slightly fixed, stuff like that does happen in real life but not very often, compared to very often online. its because of rake.. the more money in the pot = more rake for sky. So thats why theres constantly coolers and bad beats very often because more money is likely to go into the pot which makes sky more money.
    Posted by stickler10

That would only work for cash games. Not that I believe it to be true anyway.

• edited October 2012
    Anyone who says this would never happen live has obviously not played live much because you do see these things live . In my case I have had worse beats or seen more amazing hands live.

Plus when people give examples like : I have got my money in good all day and the last 5 times people have hit runner runner on me  it means nothing.Even if you Posed these hands there is no way of showing it was the last 5 times you got your money in.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: My faith in sky poker has gone : That would only work for cash games. Not that I believe it to be true anyway.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    I could well be wrong, but i believe im right as it makes sense.. I know that cards are dealt by random number generators, but to an extent.. how else do you explain these kind of things happening very very often online?
    I play alot of live poker aswell and whilst i mentioned, these things DO happen yes.. just not as often as online.. i guarantee that if you play the same amount of hands online and then live.. you will get considerably more coolers and bad beats online
  • edited October 2012
    Anyone who says this would never happen live has obviously not played live much because you do see these things live . In my case I have had worse beats or seen more amazing hands live. Plus when people give examples like : I have got my money in good all day and the last 5 times people have hit runner runner on me  it means nothing.Even if you Posed these hands there is no way of showing it was the last 5 times you got your money in.
    Posted by jonjo75
    ok clever clogs, the very next thing i've played in I'VE GOT A9 the flop is A94 MY OPPONANT HAS KJ, so i've got 2 pairs off the flop he has complete air, not knowing this i cheekily pushed all in and to my surprise i got called, when i saw his cards i could'nt believe it but in true SKY JOKER sorry SKY POKER tradition the turn was a 10 and the river a Q so you people who have commented on my post don't tell me this isn't dodgy border line fixed because with all the varients in the world this would make me the most un lucky guy ever, 6 atrocious bad runner runner beats on the trot, and you who said even if i posted the beats it couldn't be proved if they were my last 5 now 6 hands well i don't lie so basically if your calling me a lier get stuffed and thats putting it mildly.

And i have played a fair bit live in response to the other guy's comments and never have i seen anything that comes close to the situations today, i defy you to show me or tell me about anyone who has been mugged 6 hands on the trot by miracle runner runner cards - i will bet my house its never happened before
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: My faith in sky poker has gone : ok clever clogs, the very next thing i've played in I'VE GOT A9 the flop is A94 MY OPPONANT HAS KJ, so i've got 2 pairs off the flop he has complete air, not knowing this i cheekily pushed all in and to my surprise i got called, when i saw his cards i could'nt believe it but in true SKY JOKER sorry SKY POKER tradition the turn was a 10 and the river a Q so you people who have commented on my post don't tell me this isn't dodgy border line fixed because with all the varients in the world this would make me the most un lucky guy ever, 6 atrocious bad runner runner beats on the trot, and you who said even if i posted the beats it couldn't be proved if they were my last 5 now 6 hands well i don't lie so basically if your calling me a lier get stuffed and thats putting it mildly. And i have played a fair bit live in response to the other guy's comments and never have i seen anything that comes close to the situations today, i defy you to show me or tell me about anyone who has been mugged 6 hands on the trot by miracle runner runner cards - i will bet my house its never happened before
    Posted by Herbie536

OK post all 6 and I will 50% believe you.
    Also in your original post you said "but the last 5 times i've been so far in front the opposition has had to hit 2 runners for a split and got there 3 times on the trot" So 2 times out of the 5 you must have held right? So how can it be your last 6 times when 2 of those times you won?
    3 times on the trot now 6 times on the trot . This proves my point exactly.
  • edited October 2012
    sigh.

if you believe its rigged then don't play on the site.
  • edited October 2012
    sigh. if you believe its rigged then don't play on the site.
    Posted by Terrance
    Yes i believe its SLIGHTLY rigged, but why should that stop me playing? I play poker to have fun, and can still make profit by avoiding these coolers and outplaying others.
  • edited October 2012
    funniest thing in poker

people who think a site is rigged but still continue to give money to it on a daily basis

i lost a lot of money last night with a full house to quads live am i going to play live ever again? yes
  • edited October 2012
    funniest thing in poker people who think a site is rigged but still continue to give money to it on a daily basis i lost a lot of money last night with a full house to quads live am i going to play live ever again? yes
    Posted by bugaloo
    So whats your thoughts on all this ? To clarify.. This isnt a personal attack on sky poker, or any sort of attack what so ever.. Im saying that ALL online poker sites are SLIGHTLY rigged.. I say slightly because i know that cards are dealt using random number generators.. but to an extent. For instance.. 7/10 times the cards are completely random.. the other 3 are your cooler/bad beat hands = big pot = more rake.
    You cant surely think this is all coincidence and variance? As i've said previously.. I know variance is part of poker and you DO get coolers and bad beats.. But they don't happen as often as online..
    Simply.. Online poker sites increase variance for more money. That is why you could play the same amount of hands live and online.. and in the end you will find there are considerably more coolers/bad beats from online poker.

It makes sense.. and whether people chose to believe it or not is their choice.. But it wont stop me playing online poker because i enjoy playing and like i said you can still win, because the variance is for EVERYONE and not just select people.. 1 hand you get beat bad and it can be reversed the next.
  • edited October 2012
    online poker = faster play = more coolers.

Live you might play 20-30 hands per hour, online you'll play 80-100 per hour, and could be playing anything between 1 and 20+ tables, so yes it happens more often online cos you see more hands in the same space of time.
  • edited October 2012
    All online poker is slightly fixed, stuff like that does happen in real life but not very often, compared to very often online. its because of rake.. the more money in the pot = more rake for sky. So thats why theres constantly coolers and bad beats very often because more money is likely to go into the pot which makes sky more money.
    Posted by stickler10

sorry mate, but that ain't true. There is a limit to what is charged per hand, it does not increase past this limit. I think it is £1.80 per hand

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: My faith in sky poker has gone : So whats your thoughts on all this ? To clarify.. This isnt a personal attack on sky poker, or any sort of attack what so ever.. Im saying that ALL online poker sites are SLIGHTLY rigged.. I say slightly because i know that cards are dealt using random number generators.. but to an extent. For instance.. 7/10 times the cards are completely random.. the other 3 are your cooler/bad beat hands = big pot = more rake. You cant surely think this is all coincidence and variance? As i've said previously.. I know variance is part of poker and you DO get coolers and bad beats.. But they don't happen as often as online.. Simply.. Online poker sites increase variance for more money. That is why you could play the same amount of hands live and online.. and in the end you will find there are considerably more coolers/bad beats from online poker. It makes sense.. and whether people chose to believe it or not is their choice.. But it wont stop me playing online poker because i enjoy playing and like i said you can still win, because the variance is for EVERYONE and not just select people.. 1 hand you get beat bad and it can be reversed the next.
    Posted by stickler10
    What you are saying has been said thousands of times before on all poker forums all over the world but not one person has come up with any irrefutable evidence  to back it up. So when you say "i guarantee that if you play the same amount of hands online and then live.. you will get considerably more coolers and bad beats online" it is the same as  a Nigerian cold caller guaranteing me I have won the African lottery, worthless.
  • edited October 2012
    @Lambert: Yes i know online is faster, and you play more hands per hour, but multi tabling has nothing to do with it.. Yes you will get coolered more by multi tabling.. but the point i make is.. play 500 hands on 1 standard 6 max table online.. then play 500 on a 6max live.. you will get more coolers and bad beats online.

@Kaymac: Yeah i know theres a maximum on how much rake they take per hand: Think its 7.5% of the pot upto the max of £1.80.. But that still means the more money in the pot = more rake / Big cooler hand = max rake

Believe me.. I wish online poker was completely random, But everything i've said just makes too much sense for me to think otherwise, i mean.. why wouldnt online poker sites want to increase variance to get more money?? If online is just as random as live poker, then i can honestly say i've never ever run bad playing live poker. Yes you get the odd cooler but nothing huge compared to online
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: My faith in sky poker has gone : ok clever clogs, the very next thing i've played in I'VE GOT A9 the flop is A94 MY OPPONANT HAS KJ, so i've got 2 pairs off the flop he has complete air, not knowing this i cheekily pushed all in and to my surprise i got called, when i saw his cards i could'nt believe it but in true SKY JOKER sorry SKY POKER tradition the turn was a 10 and the river a Q so you people who have commented on my post don't tell me this isn't dodgy border line fixed because with all the varients in the world this would make me the most un lucky guy ever, 6 atrocious bad runner runner beats on the trot, and you who said even if i posted the beats it couldn't be proved if they were my last 5 now 6 hands well i don't lie so basically if your calling me a lier get stuffed and thats putting it mildly. And i have played a fair bit live in response to the other guy's comments and never have i seen anything that comes close to the situations today, i defy you to show me or tell me about anyone who has been mugged 6 hands on the trot by miracle runner runner cards - i will bet my house its never happened before
    Posted by Herbie536
    the discrepancy between 3 and 5 times is my fault i typed it wrong, and as far as it going to 6 that was because it had just happened in my next hand different tourney hence the new post, to be fair the 6th time was in a free roll which is a lottery anyway- never the less it happened, frankly i don care if you believe me so posting the  hands is futile, people who know me know i dont lie or even exaggerate and how i've explained things is how they happened, i do play on tables with you sort of regularly so i will be watching for it happening to you and see if you have the same carefree attitude,"somehow i very much doubt it"
  • edited October 2012
    @Lambert: Yes i know online is faster, and you play more hands per hour, but multi tabling has nothing to do with it.. Yes you will get coolered more by multi tabling.. but the point i make is.. play 500 hands on 1 standard 6 max table online.. then play 500 on a 6max live.. you will get more coolers and bad beats online. @Kaymac: Yeah i know theres a maximum on how much rake they take per hand: Think its 7.5% of the pot upto the max of £1.80.. But that still means the more money in the pot = more rake / Big cooler hand = max rake Believe me.. I wish online poker was completely random, But everything i've said just makes too much sense for me to think otherwise, i mean.. why wouldnt online poker sites want to increase variance to get more money?? If online is just as random as live poker, then i can honestly say i've never ever run bad playing live poker. Yes you get the odd cooler but nothing huge compared to online
    Posted by stickler10
    that is the exactly how i see it too, this post of your makes more sense than anything i've read on the site, regardless of how others see things you "in my humble opinion" have hit the nail on the head. 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: My faith in sky poker has gone : What you are saying has been said thousands of times before on all poker forums all over the world but not one person has come up with any irrefutable evidence  to back it up. So when you say "i guarantee that if you play the same amount of hands online and then live.. you will get considerably more coolers and bad beats online" it is the same as  a Nigerian cold caller guaranteing me I have won the African lottery, worthless.
    Posted by jonjo75

Yes its true no one has evidence to back it up.. But no one has evidence to prove its NOT fixed either...

The best you will come to the truth is by thoroughly running tests between sites and live poker and comparing.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: My faith in sky poker has gone : the discrepancy between 3 and 5 times is my fault i typed it wrong, and as far as it going to 6 that was because it had just happened in my next hand different tourney hence the new post, to be fair the 6th time was in a free roll which is a lottery anyway- never the less it happened, frankly i don care if you believe me so posting the  hands is futile, people who know me know i dont lie or even exaggerate and how i've explained things is how they happened, i do play on tables with you sort of regularly so i will be watching for it happening to you and see if you have the same carefree attitude,"somehow i very much doubt it"
    Posted by Herbie536

I am not saying a bad beat doesnt hurt and believe me I have had them just as much as anyone else. But I dont start  blaming SKY or if its live the dealer because I have played enough hands to know its Poker.
    Usually the people bringing this up are on the whole losing players and are trying to find any reason for this apart from themselves. ( I dont play many freerolls unless i forget to deregister so I am not sure we have played on many of the same tables)
    )
  • edited October 2012
    If someone says there is a fairy at the end of my garden I dont think its up to me to prove there is not.
  • edited October 2012
    Mate your going completely off topic now with these comparisons, If you need to act like a troll because you disagree with someones opinion then take it elsewhere, cheers pal
  • edited October 2012
    Where have i gone off topic?
    I'm sorry but if not agreeing with someone and putting forward points to counter there argument is trolling then I will definately stop.
    And if you think it is trolling then I have obv offended you which wasnt my plan so I will stop.
  • edited October 2012
    What points are you putting forward to counter my argument? Telling me that if theres a fairy at the end of your garden then its not up to you to prove there isnt. ? I did not tell you to prove online poker isnt rigged. You said no one has evidence to prove its rigged, and i simply said: no one can prove its not rigged either.

And you havent offended me, I just cant see why your trying to ridicule my argument with posts about fairys
  • edited October 2012
    I was not trying to ridicule just using a metaphor regards to your ealier post . I apologise it if came across the wrong way.
  • edited October 2012
    Ok fair enough my apologies.