You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My faith in sky poker has gone

2»

Comments

• edited October 2012
    He made a fair point to be honest. As with anything, the burden of proof lies with the person saying something is true.

You can't say 'God is real because no-one has proved otherwise', which is why in any civilised country people are innocent until proven guilty.

I've never ranbad long term in live poker either, certainly nothing compared to what I have done online, but that's because online I've played a probably 200,000+ hands, and to do that live would probably take longer than I've been legally old enough to play poker. You will experience the ups and downs much faster online, so if you're good you will hopefully see the profits quicker. Likewise, if you're bad, you'll lose faster
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: My faith in sky poker has gone:
    He made a fair point to be honest. As with anything, the burden of proof lies with the person saying something is true. You can't say 'God is real because no-one has proved otherwise', which is why in any civilised country people are innocent until proven guilty. I've never ranbad long term in live poker either, certainly nothing compared to what I have done online, but that's because online I've played a probably 200,000+ hands, and to do that live would probably take longer than I've been legally old enough to play poker. You will experience the ups and downs much faster online, so if you're good you will hopefully see the profits quicker. Likewise, if you're bad, you'll lose faster
    Posted by Lambert180
    I agree that this is like an "innocent until proven guilty" situation.. You cant prove it is rigged but you cant prove it isnt either.. im simply stating what i believe and the reasons why.. Maybe the word "rigged" is coming across in more of a "completley 100% scam" way.. which isnt what im saying..

In a better way.. im saying that on online poker sites, variance is INCREASED to make more money..

I mean, in your honest opinion.. why WOULDNT sky want to increase variance for more money ??

I understand what your saying in that because online is quicker, you play more hands and there are more coolers etc.. But its like i said.. if you played the same amount of hands online and then live.. i believe you'd find more coolers and bad beats online..

But then again maybe i just always run like jesus live and terrible online ?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: My faith in sky poker has gone:
    In Response to Re: My faith in sky poker has gone : I agree that this is like an "innocent until proven guilty" situation.. You cant prove it is rigged but you cant prove it isnt either.. im simply stating what i believe and the reasons why.. Maybe the word "rigged" is coming across in more of a "completley 100% scam" way.. which isnt what im saying.. In a better way.. im saying that on online poker sites, variance is INCREASED to make more money.. I mean, in your honest opinion.. why WOULDNT sky want to increase variance for more money ?? I understand what your saying in that because online is quicker, you play more hands and there are more coolers etc.. But its like i said.. if you played the same amount of hands online and then live.. i believe you'd find more coolers and bad beats online.. But then again maybe i just always run like jesus live and terrible online ?
    Posted by stickler10
    Because it's illegal and if they were ever found out it would completely destroy the entire Sky brand... Sky TV, Sky Broadband, Sky Gaming etc etc... can't see them doing it to be honest, when poker sites already rake it in by being completely fair.
  • edited October 2012
    Bad players blaming a site "being rigged" for them losing, nothing new here...
  • edited October 2012
    Is it illegal though lambert im not sure? (genuine question)

And fluxfoxy.. i'd appreciate if you'd actually read whats being said before you make assumptions..

Im not blaming sky for anything, I know variance is part of poker and i take it on the chin when i lose a hand.

Im actually a decent player and turn over a profit playing live and online..

Dont be lazy and read previous posts before posting ;)
  • edited October 2012
    The fact that you even posted this just amazes me. Seen sicker things live than I have online, so therefore live poker is rigged yeah ? No point even arguing here *sigh*
  • edited October 2012

The fact you've just posted something irrelivant again amazes me. As i said, if you had read what im actually saying i might take your posts seriously. Now, loud and clear for you...

Im not saying bad beats and coolers DONT happen on online poker, they happen in live poker, and online. variance is part of poker. It doesnt matter if you've seen sicker things live, thats all part of poker, where ever you see it.

Can you understand this ???? *sigh*

• edited October 2012
    So is there a fairy at the end of your garden??
  • edited October 2012
    like 2006 this thread 

head against brick wall