You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live stream - Issues? (Details please)

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
again

not working and very very glitchy

Comments

• edited October 2012
    In Response to live stream:
    again not working and very very glitchy
    Posted by bugaloo
    same here
  • edited October 2012
    picture ok but the sound keeps breaking on every other word
    most annoying
  • edited October 2012
    with respect sky dont seem bothered i and it seems many others cant use the stream anymore

shame but little point in me continuing to contribute to or even try to wath the shows anymore
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: live stream:
    with respect sky dont seem bothered i and it seems many others cant use the stream anymore shame but little point in me continuing to contribute to or even try to wath the shows anymore
    Posted by bugaloo
    Hi Bugaloo (and others on this thread),

I just wanted to assure you that this is something we are still looking into. Work was done by our provider which *should* have improved the quality, but obviously some of you are still experiencing issues. We'll keep working on it and hopefully get back to you with better news soon.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • edited October 2012
    Hi all,

So that we can try and nail all of the issues you're experiencing with the live stream, could you post in this thread:

The issue you're experiencing (sound cutting out, picture freezing, etc):

The internet browser you're using (and version number if possible):

The time of day you noticed it:

Any extra information you think might help would be appreciated - I am thinking predominantly how old your machine is and your internet service provider could help those responsible investigate.

Please add your information using the above categories and please keep it constructive - we want to get this cleared up as soon as possible so the more information we can have the better.

Thanks all and once again apologies for the inconvenience.

Dave

• edited October 2012
    There's an orange glow on my screen when Carlo's on !
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Live stream - Issues? (Details please):
    There's an orange glow on my screen when Carlo's on !
    Posted by VespaPX
    Someone had to do it... :)

Constructive Vespa, constructive! 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Live stream - Issues? (Details please):
    In Response to Re: Live stream - Issues? (Details please) : Someone had to do it... :) Constructive Vespa, constructive! 
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Sorry Dave couldn't resist :-)
  • edited October 2012
    Issue - Sound cutting in and out intermittently at a varying rate (half second cut out every 2 to 15 seconds, concentration went from heavy to light in waves throughout the evening).

Browser - Stream opened through the download client link, completely updated Adobe Air.  My default browser is IE9 but this wasn't being used.

Time - Sunday 21st Oct 2012 between 19:00 and 22:00
  • edited October 2012
    Cheers Tommy. 
  • edited October 2012
    much the same as tommy apart from it happens regardless of which browser is being used

i was very constructive in the first 3 posts that were made on this subject (first 2 of which i defended sky and the fact the tv shows were broadcast for free)

however that didnt really get me anywere as the stream has got worse and worse over the last six month period
  • edited October 2012

I get picture freezing intermittently,and everyone sounds like Norman collier.
    On both comp downstairs and on 2 lappy's..(all modern with everything updated).
    This never happened until a couple of months ago??
    Tried it at a mates house and same problem there...
    I usually click on link in download to watch stream.
    Default browser google crome.

Hope this helps..
  • edited October 2012
    same as tommy and bugaloo.
    did notice every time it cut to the caption photo and james was speaking, the sound seemed to be a lot worse.
     I watched  it through download and internet browser crome, with no difference in quality.

• edited October 2012
    I tried watching this afternoon while playing and got exactly the same "Norman Collier" experience.  I tried it both by clicking the TV link in the download and via the browser (IE9) and got the same problem both times.

FYI I use Virgin with a direct cable connection to my computer which runs Windows 7.

Steve

PS Thanks Fins for reminding me of the comedians name, remembered the act just couldn't remember his name
  • edited October 2012
    The issue i'm experiencing (sound cutting out, picture freezing): The internet browser i'm using (Explorer 9 Version 9.0.8112.16421): The time of day I noticed it: (as I only watch in the evening then)
  • edited October 2012
    same issue tonight as sunday night.
  • edited October 2012
  • edited October 2012
    I don't often use the live stream but as the footy was on, used it tonight.

The issue you're experiencing - Sound intermittent (Like Norman Collier). Picture freezing occasional 
    The internet browser you're using - Chrome with Virgin media as the ISP

The time of day you noticed it: - between 8 - 10pm tonight (23/10/12)

Additional info - PC less than 12 months old. Plus I am switching from Sky to Virgin at chrimbo so will have to rely on this stream to watch (or not watch as the case maybe) Sky Poker
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks a lot for the feedback folks. I will be bringing all of these (bar Vespa's first attempt!) to the Tech team and we'll try to get it sorted asap.

Do keep the information coming - the more we have the easier it could be to find the gremlin...
  • edited October 2012
    it seems a pretty universal problem rather than a gremlin?

i have just tried it in a different town with a different broadband provider (super fast cable connection infact) and yet again a different browser

it still didnt work

• edited October 2012
    I am using Chrome and I face problems while watching the stream for a week now. Actually it makes the livestream impossible to watch. Sounds is lagging every 3-5 seconds and makes things really annoying and I end up closing the window and not watching the show.

I hope the issue will be resolved soon.
  • edited October 2012
    I don't know if its relevant to the online issue but every so often when I am watching repeats on 861, the TV picture flickers followed by a slight pause, only lasts a second or two but it is noticeable.  This only happens when I am watching 861 so I don't believe its anything to do with my Sky+ box, which was replaced last year.
  • edited October 2012

tonight is the same as sunday and tuesday.
    +1 to greekway

regards Alan

• edited October 2012
    vision freezing from time to time
    sound cutting out
    win7 64bit i7 
    chrome & ie & download

• edited October 2012
    Sound terrible, in and out none stop.
    win7 64 bit
    on DL
    defualt browser I.E.9 but also firefox and chrome.
  • edited October 2012

Sound continually cutting out, picture lagging.
     Only started in the last couple of weeks.
     Win7 64bit
     Using download, with Chrome browser.

• edited October 2012

Sound breaking up constantly. Windows Vista 32 bit IE 11

• edited October 2012
    no good again tonight

unfourtantley as others have said were as before you may have had to refresh once an hour (annoying but bearable) now it is unwatchable

pretty sure it is not a co-incidence that forum posts are down by some regulars and in general on the live show thread last few weeks,
  • edited October 2012
    Not sure if it's significant but I did notice last night that it was worse at the "In the lobby now"  bits.  

• edited October 2012
    Interesting ,
    I had issue today. The desktop woudn't load so I went to streaming . I used Google Chrome and entered a tourney. The game started and was playing except I couldn't see it. I could hear it but there was no visible table. I switched to i.e. and all was fine. Very strange !

u're experiencing (sound cutting out, picture freezing, etc): The internet browser you're using (and version number if possible): The time of day you noticed it: Any extra information you think might help would be appreciated - I am thinking predominantly how old your machine is and your internet service provider could help those responsible investigate. Please add your information using the above categories and please keep it constructive - we want to get this cleared up as soon as possible so the more information we can have the better. Thanks all and once again apologies for the inconvenience. Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave