You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live stream - Issues? (Details please)

2»

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Tried to watch the UKOPS show on the computer and experienced the same issue with the sound, so as I wasn't playing for the first hour I tried watching the live show on my TV and experienced the picture jumping and "lip sync" problems there as well.   Sure hope they get to the bottom of these problems soon.
  • edited October 2012
    Never usually hve a problem but the sound is breaking up constantly. Picture ok on the download client.
  • edited October 2012
    Morning all,

First of all, apologies for those of you still experiencing issues with the stream. We have been on to the providers and sent across your feedback and they now have a team of engineers working on the issue. It appears that the problem stems from the way the video is compressed and how Chrome handles that compression. 

We obviously wanted to have it sorted ahead of UKOPS, so we are disappointed it is still an issue for some of you. We will continue to chase this and it is a priority issue for the providers, so please bear with us.

Best of luck to those of you who take part in UKOPS and I'll post again when we have more news re: the stream.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • edited October 2012
    Hi all,

OK, there has been some progress we believe*, so it would be great if you can let us know if you experience any issues tonight. The solution which has been implemented works for the provider but the real acid test will come when various users from various locations on various machines all experience it. We're hopeful it solves the problem, but if it doesn't please let us know the issues you come across and the severity and we'll go back to the drawing board.

Thanks again for your patience and hopefully you'll enjoy the show tonight!

Dave
  • edited October 2012
    Certainly seemed better at our end, but did any of you experience any problems? Did any of you find it better? Let us know! 
  • edited October 2012
    I watched pretty much the whole show on the live feed last night with no problems at all, for me I would say it was a noticable difference in quality of the feed.

The only noticiable visual difference was that when the feed opened it was much bigger than it used to be so I had to resize it so I could fit it on my screen with the tables I was playing.  Now if you can just make it so I can do that with the tables too..............
  • edited October 2012
    working perfectly last night, glad to report
    regards Alan.
  • edited October 2012
    Watched the last 2 hours of yesterday's live show and the livestream was running smoothly and quality was good also.

Thumbs up Sky.
  • edited October 2012
    Great to hear. Once again, apologies for the issues you guys were having. It was a weird one in that we couldn't see it at this end due to the nature of the problem (it was only AFTER it left our suppliers end that the problem occurred), so it goes to show you how useful Community feedback can be :)

Hope you enjoy the shows on Thursday and Sunday!