You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tues Night Live Show with Fowler and Rutter ****official show thread***** 7pm CH861

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
Hi folks,
Hope you are all well!?

for those of you planning on just watching the show tonight whilst you play, how about getting involved  also... there is a UKOPS semi sat seat up for grabs tonight, courtesy of another picture caption competition. You can get involved, one of  3 ways:
email:  skyopen@bskyb.comtwitter:  #skypokertvforum
We also really love to hear about your latest wins on the site, so feel free to brag away .... If you are new to SkyPoker let us give you a shout out, if you have already got your seats for UKOPS, your seat for SPT Luton,  let us know...
Tonight's show will be brought to you by myself and Mr Stuart Rutter, poker expert extraordinaire!  We will be live from 7pm on CH861 as usual, and we will be bringing you this:
 7pm – 8pm – TONIGHT ON SKY POKER  Live Master Cash coverage.                               8pm – 9pm – Ask the Expert Ask the Expert – Please send in your questions, hand requests for Stuart, the more the merrier...
 9pm – 10pm - Sky Poker School Playing heads up Cash - get questions in if you have them, plus hand IDs
 10pm – 11pm – Sky Poker Highlights We will be taking a look at almost live coverage from the 6k Open. Good Luck to those of you playing. 11pm – Midnight – Master Cash Live action from the Master Cash tables. As many tables and hands as possible will be shown. Jump on those tables! Look forward to seeing you on the tables tonight, and don't forget to get those hand ids in and questions for Stuart,  Also, if you want to... tell us your POKER WEAKNESS...as we are always looking to imrove let's put them to Stuart tonight.....I would say mine is bad concentration and conviction i.e following my belief in my hand through to the end! In life it's chocolate, photography coffee table books and cushions!

A xxx

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Hi anna + stuart have a great show 

Poker weakness 

I have a few i shouldnt say this because when i play cash now people will exploit my weakness my  weakness is when some 1 bets small compared to the pot for instance they bet 40p into a £3 pot i always raise with air = nothing because i think why do they bet so small they cant have much but they have the goods :( 

another weakness is when i have a losing session i dont quid i carry on playing to try n get my losses back n play hands i wouldnt normally play and call raises with marginal hands just to try n hit 

oh and 1 more lol discipline i have bad bankroll management taking shots all the time but thanks to this months kings of cash promo its made me more disciplined to grind away on 20 nl with a 1k roll instead of taking shots after this month i am going to be more disciplined with my bankroll i get good advice from other forum regs scotty77 and dohhhhh etc saying stop taking shots and be disciplined and i will do ok :)
  • edited October 2012

If you've got a hand that you'd like Stuart to analyse then please post the hand ID and where the hand is from on this thread..... Remember we can only show hands from tables/tournaments with a TV symbol!

• edited October 2012
    577316257   master cash 4   how did i play this  on the river is it a good spot to turn my value showdown hand into a bluff ?

577309359mastercash 4
    is there anything i coulda done different in this hand 
  • edited October 2012
    Hi guys, here's tonight's caption comp picture :)

• edited October 2012

Hand History #575884667 (21:42 17/10/2012)
    UKops Semi should I have bet in the first place? should I have carried on when the chip leader shoved?
    18 left chasing 9 UKOPs places
    What would you have done Stuart?

• edited October 2012
    577456137 from the Primo on Sunday.   It was three off the bubble and I had been, err, aggressive!  I had picked up about 10k in chips in this level by raising almost every other hand and the oppo had shoved all in over the top of me the last hand so I hoped he was this as me doing this light and call me with worse.   Have a great show
  • edited October 2012
    Caption 

Tikay fallen asleep again waiting for kings or aces zzzzzzz
  • edited October 2012
    Have a great show.

Caption - Tikay is trying to get the hot-o-meter hand ranking to work.

• edited October 2012
    I have a caption competition entry:

______________________________ (Caption pending approval)

My sarcasm is sure to win the competition.
  • edited October 2012
    My biggest poker weakness is also my biggest strength, my aggression.  I have lost count of the times I have stacked off firing all three barrells into the stone cold nuts.  On the flip side I have also won pots that I had no right to even be in just by showing aggression.  It may not be the worlds best of most refined style but it suits me and I'm happy with it
  • edited October 2012
    evening all

will be able to watch all the live shows tonight as boyfriend at home watching footie :-). my poker weakness is that sometimes i dont believe that the agro better has it and call... not good.

i think the caption should read- hang on till i work out the odds here...

onwards and upwards :-)
  • edited October 2012
    hi can you tell me where i went wrong please hand number 578079477
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Tues Night Live Show with Fowler and Rutter ****official show thread***** 7pm CH861:
    Posted by spoony21
    Hi Spoony,

Thanks for the request, where is the hand from?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Tues Night Live Show with Fowler and Rutter ****official show thread***** 7pm CH861:
    Posted by spoony21
    I'd already put this hand through to be shown before you'd requested it! That's why there's no mask i'm afraid
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Tues Night Live Show with Fowler and Rutter ****official show thread***** 7pm CH861 : I'd already put this hand through to be shown before you'd requested it! That's why there's no mask i'm afraid
    Posted by Sky_Louis
    Silly old Louis!!
  • edited October 2012

Caption comp: Tk reading one of his favourite books on his kindle at the poker table…  Peep peep said Thomas as he came in to the station, and saw James………………………………..

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Tues Night Live Show with Fowler and Rutter ****official show thread***** 7pm CH861 : Silly old Louis!!
    Posted by MissFowler
    Twas unaware it had been requested! Just thought it was a good hand :)
  • edited October 2012
    hi thanks for showing my hand,
    i put my opponent on trip 4s i thought if i was to raise he would reraise and i would basiclly be alomost all in so i pushed knowing my flush was weak but rep-ing a bigger flush i was gutted to see the FH but thats poker and he played it well,

sadly out of tournie now 

all the best Spoony21 
  • edited October 2012
    caption comp

TEEKAY WITH HIS NEW SLEEPING TABLET
  • edited October 2012
    hellow Miss. F & Mr. R, canny good show as always tonight.

my poker weakness(es)... winning one hand with a bluff and then thinking i can do no wrong haha. Also, really bad at not believing what hand my opponent has....

hand ID from tonights mini-open #578089835
    was i a bit rash to go all-in?? should i fold and wait for a better spot or due to my short stack size, should i always be shoving???....

(never mind haha. just as i sent this hand ID in, i heard you announce the end of anymore hand requests! very bad timing on my part haha)

enjoy the rest of the show!

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers!!!!
  • edited October 2012
    hellow Miss. F & Mr. R, canny good show as always tonight. my poker weakness(es)... winning one hand with a bluff and then thinking i can do no wrong haha. Also, really bad at not believing what hand my opponent has.... hand ID from tonights mini-open #578089835 was i a bit rash to go all-in?? should i fold and wait for a better spot or due to my short stack size, should i always be shoving???....  (never mind haha. just as i sent this hand ID in, i heard you announce the end of anymore hand requests! very bad timing on my part haha) enjoy the rest of the show! cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers!!!!
    Posted by 88MickyC
    Thanks for the request. We'll try and show this hand in the Poker Clinic show at 8pm on Thursday.
  • edited October 2012
    Caption Competition

Players at the table discuss whether they need to call an ambulance or just give him a nudge
  • edited October 2012
    caption "right then thewy - i have 4 big blinds... shall i raise fold or just open fold" ps i hope they dont notice i have a pro on facetime!!
  • edited October 2012
    my weakness - bank roll management.. lost count the amount of times i have biult up a £300+ br from a £10 deposit then lost the lot
  • edited October 2012
    hi guys mega show as usual

MY POKER WAKNESS

my biggest weakness is playing to tight, onli play the ak,aq,kq,kj and pocket pairs to see if i hit on the flop, is this a good thing in the long term as i seem to win abit and then loose abit never seem to make any cash, as when i paid all my blinds then get dealt a good hand if i win then im back to evens and then quite alot of times for example i play ak and someone calls with a rag ace i hit an ace on the flop then they hit 2 pairs with there rag and win the pot,
    should i change my play and start to see the flop more and carry on the way i am or is this too predictable??? i would be very grateful for your advice many thanks wardy
  • edited October 2012
    (Why is this thread so quiet again tonight? Come on folks.)

Good evening Anna and Stuart. I trust you're both keeping well.

What is my biggest weakness? I use humour to hide my deep-seated emotional pain...

Oh, my biggest Poker weakness!! - I don't pay enough attention.

...Which funnily enough is also my biggest weakness at the table. I watch the TV, listen to music and generally ignore what's happening at the table. Then I do something dumb and lose all my chips. That's not how they teach it in the poker books.

My second biggest poker weakness is that I'm completely useless.

Have a good show, or the remaining couple of hours of it at least.
  • edited October 2012
    Hi Anna,

I posted that on behalf of my girlfriend Emma (Llamas on Sky) so if it wins, can you please give the seat to her :)
  • edited October 2012
    Caption 

Tikay day dreaming of when he went to vegas couldnt believe hes luck with the lap dancers over there n then wakes up to see hes mum on the pad lol
  • edited October 2012
    My genuine caption competition entry:

Tony Kendall falls ill at the poker table after discovering that Richard Orford has a Hendon Mob flag.

(I know, it's a feeble effort at humour. I'm as disappointed with myself as you are)
  • edited October 2012
    hi guys

best presenter / best expert bar none - thats u 2 mwah x

caption Tikay is thinking

Cliff Richard and the Shadows, Billy Fury, Marti Wilde..... I wish people would stop filling up my Ipad with all this modern music.

cheers

memfno