You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Just because im watching it £50 on under 8 rounds in the froch fight, 8/13 I think he'll do it quicker, under 6 at 11/10 is probably about right but gonig to play it safe
  • edited November 2012
    Well the boxing didnt last long did it, was nice finishing the day with a couple of winners (darts/boxing) all in all lost £13.15 today and i'm happy with that.

Dont think there will be many bets tomorrow, after having a quick look at the racing seems to be an awful lot of odds on shots tomorrow, which at the moment I aim to stay away from, the drats is down to the last 4 and no real value, so it may be down to just footy, anbd after how today went on the footy thats probably not a good thing.
  • edited November 2012
    glad you did Ifnotand whynot today
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    glad you did Ifnotand whynot today
    Posted by vaigret
    Any tips for today father? already picked my cheltenham bets and just about to put them up but should you fancy anything I'll probably back it
  • edited November 2012
    shuv get on van gerwen most 180s v winstanley,i know its only 8/13 but easy money in my view.
  • edited November 2012
    shuv get on van gerwen most 180s v winstanley,i know its only 8/13 but easy money in my view.
    Posted by mkgunner
    -1 180 10/11 good bet aswell
  • edited November 2012
    Sunday 18th November

Racing

Cheltenham
    1.10 Captain Conan EVS - £40
    (won at 11/10 returned £84)

1.45 Double Ross 20/1 - 5ew (won returned £135)
    2.20 Doeslessthanme 6/4 - £40
    2.50 Prospect Wells 8/1 - £10ew
    3.25 Fox Run 5/2  - £40
    4.00 Fascino Rustico 3/1 - £20

Fontwell
    2.05 Incentivise 5/1 - £20 (won returned £120)

Punchestown
    2.45 Mr Eko 5/1 - £20

Cork
    1.50 Back in a Tic 12/1 £10ew
    2.25 Westhaven 9/2 - £20

Football

Fulham
    Milwall
    Inter
    5/1 Enhance trebble with a certain "fishy" bookmaker £30

Celta Vigo 10/11
    Ath Madrid 5/6
    Fiorentina 8/13
    £20 treble

Sevilla
    Werder Bremen
    Lyon
    £20 pays 77.56 (won returned £77.56)

Over 2.5 goals double

Fullham v Sunderland
    Millwall v Leeds
    £20 at 2/1

F1

Charles Pic 11/1 first driver to retire £5

Darts

Van Gerwen - 3.5 1/2
    Hamilton + 4.5 1/2
    £20 Double

Van Gerwen most 180's -1 10/11 £33

9 dart leg 12/1 £7

Daily amount laid out = £505
    Daily Returns = £526.56
    Daily profit/loss = £21.56
    Monthly profit/loss = £-£425.59
    Total profit/loss = -£642.17

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : -1 180 10/11 good bet aswell
    Posted by mkgunner
    ok will have £33 on this will have £7 on a 9 darter in the match as well at 12/1 hes certainly capable the way hes playing
  • edited November 2012
    Dont think there will be many bets tomorrow....

Great read as always. I love it that not many bets tomorrow equates to about 20 bets and an outlay of £400 +

The very best of luck!
  • edited November 2012
    Dont think there will be many bets tomorrow.... Great read as always. I love it that not many bets tomorrow equates to about 20 bets and an outlay of £400 + The very best of luck!
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    lol umm yeah did say "think" first 2 winners at cheltenham including a 20/1 winner (backed into 14/1) hope someone may have kept the faith and backed it
  • edited November 2012
    nice 1 shuv pays for the day double ross wd
  • edited November 2012
    nice 1 shuv pays for the day double ross wd
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    ahh glad someone else was on it, hasnt paid for my day but a good start :)
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by mkgunner
    Destoryed him but no luck here :(, today started so well for me £405 laid out, 3 of the first 4 horses won to give me £360 back, didnt think it would be possible to finish down today, might do now
  • edited November 2012

I had double ross in a L15 (only 50p) and got your last horse in the 4pm. The other two missed. Cheers.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Destoryed him but no luck here :(, today started so well for me £405 laid out, 3 of the first 4 horses won to give me £360 back, didnt think it would be possible to finish down today, might do now
    Posted by shuv
    been well up on darts betting all week,then give them it back on that bet,easy money for the bookies :-(
  • edited November 2012
    I had double ross in a L15 (only 50p) and got your last horse in the 4pm. The other two missed. Cheers.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Shame it was only 1 winner, such a good start, you should have still doubled your money, maybe treble it if you placed it in a shop
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : been well up on darts betting all week,then give them it back on that bet,easy money for the bookies :-(
    Posted by mkgunner
    Hamilton done me head in more, looked comftable at 6-3 before losing 9 legs in a row, only needed him to win 12 legs!!

Inter have just drew at home to do one football bet, celta vigo are currently losing, and the final bet Werder Bremen drawing with not long to go.

Need to pick a winner out tonight in the darts final
  • edited November 2012
    i think van gerwen will win about 16-10,barney looked to tired at the end of that match,not sure what bets to do yet tho.
  • edited November 2012
    Highest checkout over 140.5 looks a good bet to me at 5/6, Van Gerwen should smash him, but got to admit I am a little tempted by the odds on Barney

In other news werder Bremen went down to 10 men then scored so that bet comes down to Sevilla a little later on
  • edited November 2012
    Forget the 140.5 bet other bookies offer 5/6 on over 138.5 so had £60 on that and £40 on Van Gerwen -3.5 legs
  • edited November 2012
    done the same bet -3.5,gl
  • edited November 2012
    also done van gerwen checkout over 133.5  5/6
    and gerwen to average above 102.5  5/6
  • edited November 2012
    the 3/1 you could get on Barney looking pretty big right now!!
  • edited November 2012
    Highest checkout over 140.5 looks a good bet to me at 5/6, Van Gerwen should smash him, but got to admit I am a little tempted by the odds on Barney In other news werder Bremen went down to 10 men then scored so that bet comes down to Sevilla a little later on
    Posted by shuv
    Unfortunately wasnt tempted enough, at least the high checkout came in, won a whole tenner on the final.

Sevilla 2-0 up after 30 minute so should get the footy treble in leaving me with a small profit for the day.
  • edited November 2012
    Morning All, made a whooping £21.56 yesterday, but I suppose its better than losing.

Not that much to bet on today, only 3 meetings, no tennis or darts, a little footy later, so will be a relatively quiet day.

Horses

Going back to my doubles today but rather than pick 4 horses from a meeting and double them, im gonig to pick my best 4 horses across the 3 meetings and double them, and my next 4 and double them.

Plumpton - 12.50 Turn Over Sivola 4/6 (won)
    Plumpton -
    1.20 - Broadbackbob - 1/2 (won)
    Wolverhampton- 3.00 - Srinager Girl - 2/1
    Leicester - 3.10 - Croco Mister - 7/4
    Six £20 Doubles (1 double returned £50)

Leicester - 1.40 - Rano Pano - 7/2
    Wolverhampton -
    2.30 Claude Greenwood - 3/1
    Plumpton - Pacha D'Oudairies - 11/4
    Wolverhampton -
    5.00 Tartan Jura - 3/1
    Six £20 Doubles (all lost)

Football

Westham
    Roma
    Real Sociedad

£20 Treble at 6.13/1
  • edited November 2012

Not really sure whats gone on with the odds today, most of the horses I backed have gone off at muhc much much shorter odds, broadbackbob went of at 3/10 on and I backed him at 6/4, there wasnt any non runners in the race and he couldnt have been backed down that much, infact in the first bet all 4 horses were odds on by the off.

Losing day so far, with one double comming in, a couple of more bets on the horses been out all day so unable to watch so far, now im home wanna watch some racing.

3.40 - Kaylif Aramis - 9/4 £20
    3.50 - Mixoologist - 11/8  £40
    4.00 - Resteraunteur - 3/1 £20
    4.30 - Light Burst - 7/1 £20
    5.00 - Tartan Jura - 11/4 £40
    5.30 - BOA 12/1 £30ew (won returned £997.50)

Edited 5.25 - Awfull so far, tilitng a little having myself another £20ew on boa in the last race

Daily amount laid out = £460
    Daily Returns = £1047.50
    Daily profit/loss = £587.50
    Monthly profit/loss = £161.91
    Total profit/loss = -£54.67

• edited November 2012
    If i ever tell you don't bet tilted or don't chase your wins just ignore me :-) Tilt brings 25/1 winners, with a total on £30ew on it = show me the money :)

Hope someone else was on it, would love to take the credit but my last 6 picks all came from sportinglife, ok 5 of them flopped but they made up for it with the last.  Here's what they said

Verdict

Silverlord arrives on the back of a win at Dundalk and Gordon Elliot's charge should make another bold bid off a 4lb higher mark. C&D winner BOA went very close back over track and trip last month. The handicapper has given her a chance dropping her 2lb and with Shirley Teasdale's claim taking a further 5lb off her back, she gets the nod. Badea scored over track and trip earlier this month and is not out of this but the once-useful Merchant of Dubai continues his downward spiral and has been dropped another 3lb.

Thank You Thank You Thank You

Tilt???

The reason I was pi$$ed of wasn't so much the 5 losers in a row, the fact that I had only 2 winners in 12 £20 doubles it was because of oddschecker.com

I always use these when checking my bets, and this morning was like no other, IU said above about my odds being way out on the horses I backed and indeed they were, the horses were never that price, oddschecker.com had some sort of fault and all there markets were put up wrong (I text my mornning bets to a friend with a price he puts them on).

It meant my £20 winning double which I thought was on a 15/8 and 6/4 shot was actually on a 1/2 and 4/6 shot.  If id been given the true odds on the horses id backed id never had done those doubles.

Turns out its done me a favour as I would have stuck to a tenner each way on BOA if I hadn't been so annoyed about it.  Even better it drifted out from 12/1 to 25/1 when that happened thought I had no chance.

Be Lucky Peeps

• edited November 2012
    A nice piece of 'bad luck' there! Very nice result :)
  • edited November 2012
    Well done mate

should lift you well into profit
  • edited November 2012
    A nice piece of 'bad luck' there! Very nice result :)
    Posted by goldnballz
    Thank you, i've moaned enough about my badluck on here so its nice to get some good bad luck and stop me moaning for a few days