You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

November a new month a new diary a new target

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Hi all thanks for your best wishes in my last diary wishing me luck and hope to make priority which i have done i am well chuffed about that so what now in november

Target in november

Im going to leave the cash games as i dnt feel i have much edge in them unless playing the drunks on a saturday night donking of chips lol going to focus all my attentions on dyms and mtts im not hoping to make priority again but i will play as much as i can so we shall see how it goes i feel i have an edge in mtts n dyms and there is a new bonus for priority if u win 10 dyms in a row they will double your cash winnings which is a great promo i usually play £11 - £22 dyms so if i do win 10 in a row will be a great bonus 

Starting roll will be £1500 

Target i hope this isnt to ambitious and i think it is very acheivable hoping to double my bankroll by end of november to   £3000  i am only playing mtts n dyms so if any 1 sees me play cash tables give me a slap lol  well thats about it really best of luck at the tables all run good :)

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I may add i might play the odd master cash table to get my 5 mins of fame of tv time thats about it :)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to November a new month a new diary a new target:
    Hi all thanks for your best wishes in my last diary wishing me luck and hope to make priority which i have done i am well chuffed about that so what now in november Target in november Im going to leave the cash games as i dnt feel i have much edge in them unless playing the drunks on a saturday night donking of chips lol going to focus all my attentions on dyms and mtts im not hoping to make priority again but i will play as much as i can so we shall see how it goes i feel i have an edge in mtts n dyms and there is a new bonus for priority if u win 10 dyms in a row they will double your cash winnings which is a great promo i usually play £11 - £22 dyms so if i do win 10 in a row will be a great bonus  Starting roll will be £1500  Target i hope this isnt to ambitious and i think it is very acheivable hoping to double my bankroll by end of november to   £3000  i am only playing mtts n dyms so if any 1 sees me play cash tables give me a slap lol  well thats about it really best of luck at the tables all run good :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Oh where to start.

Firstly best of luck. Can I just make a friendly request that you keep all of your semi-brags within this thread. I don't mean to be offensive, but half of them just cringe me out and it really clutters up the forum.

Secondly, it's an interesting choice to switch to DYMs when you (seeminly) crush cash? Surely your winrate will be a lot lower, given that an average ROI of 60% or whatever you have at the moment is about as sustainable as the Greek economy. 4-8% would be a fairly reasonable target IMO for your first month playing the (£5 to £11 games). Make that about 2% for £16.50s and £22s with table selection. 

Sorry if you think I'm being blunt, just trying to be realistic. GlGL

Edit: I didn't read the 'no edge' comment before my initial post. I think that the games will get 10x softer once the Kings of cash promo is over. 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: November a new month a new diary a new target:
    In Response to November a new month a new diary a new target : Oh where to start. Firstly best of luck. Can I just make a friendly request that you keep all of your semi-brags within this thread. I don't mean to be offensive, but half of them just cringe me out and it really clutters up the forum. Secondly, it's an interesting choice to switch to DYMs when you (seeminly) crush cash? Surely your winrate will be a lot lower, given that an average ROI of 60% or whatever you have at the moment is about as sustainable as the Greek economy. 4-8% would be a fairly reasonable target IMO for your first month playing the (£5 to £11 games). Make that about 2% for £16.50s and £22s with table selection.  Sorry if you think I'm being blunt, just trying to be realistic. GlGL
    Posted by patwalshh
    And whatever you do, don't post on Facebook that you crush everyone!
  • edited October 2012
    thanks for being blunt i prefer people to be straight to the point 

i seem to do ok in dyms in cash there are so many regs on now in the afternoon that i feel i have no edge against them i dont make that much in cash tbh only late at nites when the crazy drunks appear :) i dont think it is a brag when u post a diary u post results right ? im sure wacko posts all of hes binks no 1 says anything about hes brags y is that not picking on ya wacko im sure alot of people brag ok im running good but y not shout about it y not let people know about it thats what forums are for right because poker is a long road lots of ups n downs and most of the are down if any 1 else is on a run good heater binking everything im well chuffed n happy for them like wacko for instance im not jealous or anything just wish him the best of luck all the hard work has paid of 
  • edited October 2012
    I am glad you like people to be blunt Donk because it means I can say this to you knowing it won't offend.

USE SOME FULL STOPS PLEASE.

I don't care about spelling or anything else but by just putting a few full stops in where one sentence finishes and another starts would be so helpfull to understand what you are saying better.

Good luck with the new challenge and congrats on reaching priority.
  • edited October 2012
    i wont bother posting soon no skin of my nose u can all get the party pop pers out seems like the forum is clicky if ya face dnt fit n all that no 1 likes ya happy to sniff azz and wish the best of luck to the regs but when a donk has a good month and brags about it i get put down well ya know what cba with this laters bye bye forum
  • edited October 2012
    i like the freeedom of speech dnt like people that hold back what they think im glad u say what ya feel and i have just said what i feel on my previous post
  • edited October 2012
    i forgot i have to be on sky from the start rail every final table be nice to every 1 dosome azz licking tell every 1 is good when they really aint like i said im like marmite u like me or hate me i dnt give to hoots i just say it how it is seems like people are happy when i lose when i put a few brags down i get stick for it lmao ok well i wont post :)
  • edited October 2012
    i rememeber a few months ago i lost £600 on roulletes i had like 80 replys rubbing it in laughing coz i lost happy when i fail  whats wrong with u people bitter n twisted  ? dnt u want people to succeed in life 
  • edited October 2012
    I am guessing now you have taken offence.
    Personally I like your posts. I was just offering some advice on making them easier for people to understand and for you to get your points across better.

As for your brags, its totally up to you, everyone is different and if people don't like your posts they shouldn't open them.
  • edited October 2012
    do i laugh at pattwalsh when he builds hes dym roll up n lost it to keysazoze no i dont i dnt feel the need to rub people down thats just stupid 
  • edited October 2012
    i have gramma problems jonjo i never went school much i was nawty all the time getting expelled so hardly any english lessons cant help the way u are 
  • edited October 2012

IDCU.

A guy said something a little "awkward", but he said so poilitely & respectfully.

So you replied.....

"....thanks for being blunt i prefer people to be straight to the point....."

So a couple of folks - again politely - commented, & now you are all hurt.

No need bud, Forums are peculiar places, & the writrten word does not always come across as intended.

I can guarantee you that the comments made by others were well-intended. They were trying to be constructive, that's all, & you did say you preferred people being "to the point".

If you stick your head above the Forum parapet, you will get a few sticks in your eye. Trust me, I know. ;)

Good luck with the Diary.   

• edited October 2012

I think you need to take a step back and breathe a minute Steve.

I honestly do not think there is any one here who is 'having a go' at you. Some folk are actually trying to help you out here.

Just chill, and you might see the bigger picture.
  • edited October 2012
    i have gramma problems jonjo i never went school much i was nawty all the time getting expelled so hardly any english lessons cant help the way u are 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Ok fair enough mate.
    Good luck with the DYMs.
  • edited October 2012
    my point is i lose my bankroll on roullete few months ago 80 replys rubbing me down saying what a degen i was losing that much i put some brags on i get moaned for it makes me laugh ya cant win 
  • edited October 2012
    my point is i lose my bankroll on roullete few months ago 80 replys rubbing me down saying what a degen i was losing that much i put some brags on i get moaned for it makes me laugh ya cant win 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    No.

You gave people the green light to be honest when you said "I like pepole to be to the point". So they were - but politely in ALL cases.

And you MUST understand that we all like to chirp when we win - but if we chirp a bit, then people WILL give a bit back when we lose. It's human nature, especially on forums.

It is not personal to you, it's just how the world goes round.

As Maxally said, just step back a mo, & chill, everything is cool. 

• edited October 2012
    ok cool i take a chill pill btw tikay is the jackpot the £55 and the £5.50 needs to be more clearer as u have a £110 side 1 aswell ? is it both of the rebuy mtts that are for jackpot ?
  • edited October 2012
    ok cool i take a chill pill btw tikay is the jackpot the £55 and the £5.50 needs to be more clearer as u have a £110 side 1 aswell ? is it both of the rebuy mtts that are for jackpot ?
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    The Jackpot applies to the Main & the Mini.

I'm not sure how I can make that clearer, I have Posted it numerous & I'm not awware of any confusion, except for my normal state of mind. ;)
  • edited October 2012
    the ukops 2 £110 makes it confusing y cant that just be £110without the UKOPS bit be clearer then 

then i know the main n mini are the only 2 ukops 1s 
  • edited October 2012

amazing start to what will be an amazing diary if you keep posting for longer than 3 days :)

touchy touchy ;)

Stop going on about the roulette thing, the only person mentioning that is u. 

Banter ftw. 

gl with the dyms u uuuuuber nitdonk. 
  • edited October 2012
    Hi IDCU

Back from Jamaica and good to see a bit of forum 'fever'. Mind, life would be a bit boring without a bit of spice eh....and believe me i've been eating it solid for two weeks solid!!! I found myself getting a bit fed up with my usual poker stuff though i hardly play a lot, i'm sure you'd say. A break was good for me as t puts balance in your life. even Gus Hansen went quiet for a while and took a break playing racketion(  a mix of racket games) though still won millions in macau it seems.

Steve, it would do you good to read through your posts and the replies sent. a lot are rally supportive and not meant to hurt. Some may be a bit out there but its the head and parapet thing again. Just ask Tikay mate. You couldn't get a more helpful guy but i'll bet he gets a fair % of bad posts and has learned to brush them off his wide shoulders and get on with the rest.

It's about not being able to please everyone and realising it fella. One of my aims is to give you a stuffing in a T one day mate but you should take that as a compliment as i respect you as a player. I'm a break even player who plays for fun and is just trying to improve. Sounds silly but i don't like to gamble. I look upon poker as paying a fee for a some enjoyment. Don't get me wrong, i don't like to lose and try to cash ALWAYS but try to take the fun from it too.

You are a good player Steve but you need to get the enjoyment from it too. TBH fella i've had very little success comparatively and i could easlly be jealous but i accept advice graciously even if i don't agree with it at times. Sometimes standing back and saying thank you for reading what i'm writing and bothering to offer avice is the best thing you could do.

Anyway, i just wanted to say hi and look forward to seeing you at the tables. Good luck in your challenge fella.
  • edited October 2012

I guess bricking this river is the worst bad beat of the month for you so far!

GoldenB0laxxxxxxxxxxxx    ;)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    boulteb Small blind  50.00 50.00 18110.00
    bonzai52 Big blind  100.00 150.00 6275.00
     Your hole cards

Kiwini4u Fold     
    IDONKCALLU Raise  300.00 450.00 6172.50
    HAILSEY Call  300.00 750.00 12370.00
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  875.00 1625.00 6065.00
    boulteb Fold     
    bonzai52 Fold     
    IDONKCALLU Call  575.00 2200.00 5597.50
    HAILSEY Fold     
    Flop

• J

IDONKCALLU Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  865.00 3065.00 5200.00
    IDONKCALLU All-in  5597.50 8662.50 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  4732.50 13395.00 467.50
    IDONKCALLU Show
    • Q
    • Q

DOHHHHHHH Show

Turn

• Q

River

IDONKCALLU Win Straight to the Queen 6697.50  6697.50
    DOHHHHHHH Win Straight to the Queen 6697.50  7165.00
  • edited October 2012
    thanks prof a great reply taken all on board m8 i respect your game aswell we have had a fair share of abttles in the past u have the game to go far m8 glad u had a great holiday i know i cant please every 1 im not here to do that like i say im liek marmite u either like me or h8 me i do speak before i think alot of the time and i am brutally honest if i see  a bad player i tell them they are bad i know this poker is fun but ya still wanna win money right ? ya cant win if your bad im no great player but ive had enuff experiance i come across as being harsh n honest but i like to teach these people the basics of poker n how to become a better player  

good luck at the tables profman 
  • edited October 2012
    Honestly I didn't mean my post to be offensive at all, just constructive. Everyone brags from time to time (yes unfortunately some do it when they've had a few too many on facebook lol).  

amazing start to what will be an amazing diary if you keep posting for longer than 3 days :) touchy touchy ;) Stop going on about the roulette thing, the only person mentioning that is u.  Banter ftw.  gl with the dyms u uuuuuber nitdonk. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This.

(For the record I'm not quiet busto)
  • edited October 2012
    i never kick a man when hes down never will never would never rub it in there face just not nice 
  • edited October 2012
    gl in this months challenge idonk dunno if I asked this before but you going for 10k priority thus month also ?
  • edited October 2012
    amazing start to what will be an amazing diary if you keep posting for longer than 3 days :) touchy touchy ;) Stop going on about the roulette thing, the only person mentioning that is u.  Banter ftw.  gl with the dyms u uuuuuber nitdonk. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    this.

I feel people have offered enough advice, so I wont be doing that, but I think you have a good chance of making a few $$$ at dyms in nov if you stick at it!

gl gl gl gl
  • edited October 2012
    not going for priority liam just play when i feel like it really if i make priority bonus but i dnt thinki put the hrs in tbh and only playing dyms n mtts so will be even harder to try n get priority
  • edited October 2012
    I don't think Pat was having a go at you bragging, he was just asking you to keep them in this diary, because there's probably been 10+ threads starting in the last week or two alone with a brag, and then it's posted in your diary as well so just clogs up the forum. Wacko's brags/binks (for example) are all in one place, his diary.

To be honest, when you posted about the roulette thing, I don't think you got 80 odd replies because people were laughing at you or rubbing it in, it's because your thread highlighted the fact you probably needed help with the mental side of gambling/gaming/poker/whatever.

I'm sure you could have a much better winrate at cash than DYMs to be honest. Are you gonna be playing alot of tables when you're DYMing? I thought I saw you say recently you could only play 4 tables?

P.S. It's 29th October mate lol.