You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

November a new month a new diary a new target

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Why can't people just give themselves a challenge and try and complete it without puttin it on the forum? I loaded GPC the other day and 8 of the first 10 threads were diaries! Maybe this is the reason you don't know which tournaments make up the jackpot? Useful threads seem to drop off page 1 after 24 hours.
  • edited October 2012
    most i an play is 4 tables so 4 dyms at a time :) try n win 10 in a row
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: November a new month a new diary a new target:
    Why can't people just give themselves a challenge and try and complete it without puttin it on the forum? I loaded GPC the other day and 8 of the first 10 threads were diaries! Maybe this is the reason you don't know which tournaments make up the jackpot? Useful threads seem to drop off page 1 after 24 hours.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    This. Time to give the diaries a section of their own. Good luck with your new challenge IDCU.
  • edited October 2012
    cash, dym's or mtt's - think you'll do fine in all of them

think u tend to flutter around them all depending on how your running

good luck u deserve some

• edited October 2012
    i have gramma problems jonjo i never went school much i was nawty all the time getting expelled so hardly any english lessons cant help the way u are 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    No offense but you play poker maybe 5-8 hours a day.   In 5-8 hours you could easily learn to use full stops and comma's  .  Your obviously a pretty intelligent guy so you would pick it up no problem. I think it would just be nice for you to learn as it's a pretty basic skill which is easy to learn and needed in many aspects of life.

GL with the challenge !   Might see you in some £22 DYM's.
  • edited October 2012

Grammar ppl. just wtf. Why would u even post that kinda thing? 

People get offended when poker players use the word 'tard' in a context that isn't even close to the literal meaning of the word.

But you can blatantly pull some guy up about his grammar and that is somehow better. It's worse imo. 

Funny that he's daft enough to rise to the subtle digs and totally ignore the serious criticism tho. maybe he's become immune to it. good on him.

No wonder he's on the back foot all the time. wow. I can read his posts fine. If you struggle with them, maybe it's you who should go back to school.

• edited October 2012
    Grammar ppl. just wtf. Why would u even post that kinda thing?  People get offended when poker players use the word 'tard' in a context that isn't even close to the literal meaning of the word. But you can blatantly pull some guy up about his grammar and that is somehow better. It's worse imo.  Funny that he's daft enough to rise to the subtle digs and totally ignore the serious criticism tho. maybe he's used to it. good on him.  No wonder he's on the back foot all the time. wow. I can read his posts fine. If you struggle with them, maybe it's you who should go back to school.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

+1 doh I enjoy reading idonk`s thread regardless how good his grammar is

• edited October 2012
    cheers rancid n 1267 yeah played ya couple of times on dyms i try n avoid the regs tbh like john connor pattwalsh n yaself aswell solack as ya all clued up on how to play em i like to play the guys that splash around early haha n just sit out n cash :P but yeah its a challenge im looking forward to doing i dunno y i prefer multi tabling dyms then multi tabling cash i get so bored of cash cant believe i lasted this long on the kings of cash promo of playing upto 8 hrs a day well not put as much volume in the last few days as i reached my target good luck at the tables 
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Lol Liamboi asked me yesterday if i post on the fourm much i said "not really only thing on there is peoples diarys and the only thing i check is GPC" Which sums up your post too tbh :P
  • edited October 2012
     2 points to make.
    1. IDCU why do you do a diary. I ask this as I believe knowing the motive for your diary will help eradicate a lot of your frustrations. e.g. I do my own diary to help me focus on my gameplay and hence I do it to benefit me. So if people don't like it I ain't that bothered as it is helping me achieve my goal of winning more money / losing less and keeps me focused on having fun.
    2. For those who don't like reading the diaries, don't read them. GPC would be a lonely place with out them. 
  • edited October 2012
    i will take 1-20 you play a cash table before the end of this week :)

• edited October 2012
    Bored 2nite didnt wanna play cash so played some dyms and i am crsushing it atm :) 2012-10-29 23:49:27 2122470719 Tournament Double Your Money No Limit £22.00 £22.00 Hand Info
    2012-10-29 23:44:26 2122456355 Tournament Double Your Money No Limit £40.00 £22.00 Hand Info
    2012-10-29 23:42:58 2122452274 Tournament Double Your Money No Limit £0.00 £11.00 Hand Info
    2012-10-29 23:22:21 2122391543 Tournament Double Your Money No Limit £40.00 £22.00 Hand Info
    2012-10-29 23:21:23 2122388519 Tournament Double Your Money No Limit £30.00 £16.50 Hand Info
    2012-10-29 23:21:14 2122388027 Tournament Double Your Money No Limit £33.00 £33.00 Hand Info
    2012-10-29 23:04:09 2122331447 Tournament Double Your Money No Limit £40.00 £22.00 Hand Info
    2012-10-29 22:48:29 2122277440 Tournament Double Your Money No Limit £30.00 £16.50 Hand Info
    2012-10-29 22:45:59 2122268590 Tournament Double Your Money No Limit £40.00 £22.00 Hand Info
    2012-10-29 22:43:20 2122259962 Tournament Double Your Money No Limit £20.00 £11.00 Hand Info
    2012-10-29 22:25:33 2122198835 Tournament Double Your Money Pot Limit £0.60 £0.60 Hand Info
    2012-10-29 22:21:18 2122183311 Tournament Double Your Money No Limit £60.00 £33.00 Hand Info
  • edited October 2012
    + 1 trebor i do it to give me summit to aim for and to try and acheive a target dohhhhhh knows about my life he knows what i been thru its been a rocky road in poker life highsssssssss but lows because of life but i like to keep my head busy and poker is that way of escaping reality and play something i love i dnt think its the money im just a competiive person what eve i play in i used to be a very good pool player and that is very competitve s i bring that side to me when i play poker i know i can be abit too much at times but its only because i am passionate about the game i maybe young buy i started playing when i was 19 im now 31 
  • edited October 2012
    i did say mastercash if on tv so wnt be this week as its ukops week bugaloo :p
  • edited October 2012

They were trying to help you Steve, not hate you.

It's really sad to see you say stuff like that when folks, for the most part, have just tried to be constructive.

• edited October 2012
    This is a Diary lol ive seen you do better diarys then this steve. stop worrying to much about what other people write and keep us updated on how your getting on. Hope you do well geezer !!!

P.S Not sure if my full stops are correct but i put some in all the same lol
  • edited October 2012
    good luck with the diary...already an interesting read.

also, there's no link between the punctuation you use on a poker forum and your intelligence...no one is saying that.

it just seems logical that when you choose to express yourself in writing that you would want to make it as clear as possible...it would benefit everyone involved.
  • edited October 2012
  • edited October 2012
    evening guys a horrible horrible day cant wait for c4p day worst day for a while :( lost £120 in dyms just gatting really ul at bubble stages losing with kings vs aj  and aq losing to k q etc variance kicking in and i played  4.80 frenzys normally i have a gd record in these trying to sat in to main event but played 3 frenzys lost 3 with rebuys etc lost 85 on them down over £200 today just a horrible day thing is i dnt feel tilted or anything as i done nowt wrong as i wouldnt chane the way i have played just gonna play mini ukops 2nite n call it a nite 
  • edited October 2012
    Grammar ppl. just wtf. Why would u even post that kinda thing?  People get offended when poker players use the word 'tard' in a context that isn't even close to the literal meaning of the word. But you can blatantly pull some guy up about his grammar and that is somehow better. It's worse imo.  Funny that he's daft enough to rise to the subtle digs and totally ignore the serious criticism tho. maybe he's become immune to it. good on him. No wonder he's on the back foot all the time. wow. I can read his posts fine. If you struggle with them, maybe it's you who should go back to school.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
     Well put D...nice one
  • edited October 2012
    How's it going today Donk?

Please don't stop the updates/diary if you start running bad.

That sounds harsh lol... I don't mean I wanna hear you lose, just it's boring if ya only get the brags and not the lows.

GL anyway
  • edited November 2012
    hi m8 today been another bad day lost 40 on dyms 1 cash in mtts managed to sneek in the cash in the mini for £22 but other mtts no good made a loss of about £70 today so £300 down in 2 days sigh :( 
  • edited November 2012
     2 points to make. 1. IDCU why do you do a diary. I ask this as I believe knowing the motive for your diary will help eradicate a lot of your frustrations. e.g. I do my own diary to help me focus on my gameplay and hence I do it to benefit me. So if people don't like it I ain't that bothered as it is helping me achieve my goal of winning more money / losing less and keeps me focused on having fun. 2. For those who don't like reading the diaries, don't read them. GPC would be a lonely place with out them. 
    Posted by 68Trebor
    +1 to that

GL with it Idonk.
  • edited November 2012
    thanks mp 33 

tottally agree with u 68 trebor
     the main reason for my diary is to prove to myself i can be disciplined 
    tbh if i didnt set myself targets sounds bad but i would end up taking shots in cash etc 
    but now i set myself targets each month gives me that drive n ambition to get there 
    i do take poker seriously as i play everyday and i have no job so its my income 
    so i shouldnt take shots just silly and i know this think its kind of tilt 
    u have a bad day say lose a 100 n wanna try n get it back as quick as so u  play a cash table u are not really comftable playing 
    but want to try n get ya losses bk as soon as and i need to stop doing this 
    and i have all this month thanks to the kings of cash promo its made me more disciplined n made meset a goal which i have now acheived and new targets for months 2 come 

good luck run good at the tables 
  • edited November 2012
    thanks mp 33  tottally agree with u 68 trebor  the main reason for my diary is to prove to myself i can be disciplined  tbh if i didnt set myself targets sounds bad but i would end up taking shots in cash etc  but now i set myself targets each month gives me that drive n ambition to get there  i do take poker seriously as i play everyday and i have no job so its my income  so i shouldnt take shots just silly and i know this think its kind of tilt  u have a bad day say lose a 100 n wanna try n get it back as quick as so u  play a cash table u are not really comftable playing  but want to try n get ya losses bk as soon as and i need to stop doing this  and i have all this month thanks to the kings of cash promo its made me more disciplined n made meset a goal which i have now acheived and new targets for months 2 come  good luck run good at the tables 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Hi IDCU,

Glad to see things going better for you and will be interested to follow your diary.  I understand your motives for keeping the diary and hope it helps you succeed - if so it will make a good read.

I would never pull people up on small points of grammar or spelling in a diary, as long as the message is readable. Unfortunately it's really offputting to see a longish post as an unbroken wall of text. It really helps to at least break things up a bit as you have done in the post above.

• edited November 2012
    Just wondered what you do to help yourself deal with bad days like you've had lately ?

How long sessions do you play and when will you decide to quit if things go badly ?

I think learning when to quit is a really important skill in poker. For instance I play a lot of live cash games and I can play extremely patiently and disciplined for about 4 hours. If I've been card dead and unable to win a pot for that amount of time, I'll be better off quitting.
  • edited November 2012
    thanks mp 33  tottally agree with u 68 trebor  the main reason for my diary is to prove to myself i can be disciplined  tbh if i didnt set myself targets sounds bad but i would end up taking shots in cash etc  but now i set myself targets each month gives me that drive n ambition to get there  i do take poker seriously as i play everyday and i have no job so its my income  so i shouldnt take shots just silly and i know this think its kind of tilt  u have a bad day say lose a 100 n wanna try n get it back as quick as so u  play a cash table u are not really comftable playing  but want to try n get ya losses bk as soon as and i need to stop doing this  and i have all this month thanks to the kings of cash promo its made me more disciplined n made meset a goal which i have now acheived and new targets for months 2 come  good luck run good at the tables 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

Think you've really hit the nail on the head there. Accepting that you've played fine, but the Poker Gods just meant you to lose today is the hardest thing for me. All too often I'll keep digging and turn what should have been a small hole into a bottomless pit ! 

• edited November 2012
    hi simonnatur thanks for your reply

tbh if i have a bad day u just have a feeling its not your day n ya keep losing flips etc and keep losing i just take a few hrs break or even come of what im playing as its not working and just play some small mtts i said to 1 of my m8es who plays on sky poker if i lose 2 buy ins on cash i have a long break tbh i dnt play much cash only played it coz of promo last month i feel i have more of a edge in dyms and mtts but had a bad couple of days on them just variance hey 
  • edited November 2012
    A new month new targets 

November whats in store well i be playing dyms and mtts 

no aim for priority as it would be near on impossible to get just by playing dyms n mtts so i have set myself a cash target 

starting bankroll £1500

target end of november £3000

i keep updated each day how i get on 
  • edited November 2012
    best of luck Mr. Donk in your upcoming challenge