You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Urgent At UKOPS Final table and having technical problems

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat

The table won't launch and I'm being blinded out. It keeps saying that it can't reconnect and the table is already open. Any ideas?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    cancel ya table close it all and reload sky poker bk on
  • edited October 2012
    Have tried reloading and that doesn't make any difference.
  • edited October 2012

shut Sky down, check Task Manager for any Sky program running and end them

also worth deleting temporary files and clearing cache.

GL, hope you get back on

• edited October 2012

If still having problems with download, you might get on via Browser

• edited October 2012
    get on another computer  bro
  • edited October 2012
    try through telly on 862 if you have sky
  • edited October 2012
    Good old sky and their quality software, pretty sick time for it to happen
  • edited October 2012
    Check your pop up blocker if you are playing through a browser.
  • edited October 2012
    id phone a mate quickly  bro
  • edited October 2012

oh tht happen to me shut down ur computer and logging via the internet

• edited October 2012
    I've tried different browsers, I've tried restarting, I've even driven around to my parents house and am using their computer and it's still doesn't work! It just says "Error Please be advised that you already have this table open".
  • edited October 2012

Disable pop up blocker has been suggested

• edited October 2012
    If it is still logged in to sky poker at home it won't let you log in and open table at parents.
  • edited October 2012
    and clear internet history etc if not alreasy done it
  • edited October 2012

must be the  download  u justneed to download google crom and i should be fine i had a simlar prolem before

• edited October 2012
    Make sure every computer you have logged into has you logged out.

Clear all pop up blockers

Close all web browsers

Download the download client (link on home page)

If it doesn't load then go into 'My Sky Poker' and 'My Tables' and load it manually.

Good luck.
  • edited October 2012
    This has happened me on a couple of occassions, but with the client. Im not sure if it will be the same. i loaded the client and waited 10mins or so doing nothing and eventually it did open. as i said not sure if same for browser
  • edited October 2012
    >Aquanaut1 has finished 4th and wins £1638, and was awarded 100 Poker Points.

horrible mate! but nice cash none the less!
  • edited October 2012
    I've been blinded out in 4th place. I tried everything people suggested on this thread, thanks for your suggestions.

I was chipleader entering the Final Table and lost a lot in equity. Maybe I'd have come 6th, maybe I'd have won? It's disgusting to be denied the oportunity of winning a UKOPS title by something like this. I redeposited at Sky especially to play the series. I initially stopped playing at the site because the software was poor. I don't see how I can bring myself to play here again when things like this happen. It's totally unacceptable.

I'd recommend you skip showing final table highlights of this event unless you want to explain to the viewers just why one of the players is sitting out the whole time.
  • edited October 2012
    Unlucky Aquanaut1. Watched you from 4 tables out. Very nice play. Still, nice cash and hopefully you'll FT again soon mate .
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Urgent At UKOPS Final table and having technical problems:
    I've been blinded out in 4th place. I tried everything people suggested on this thread, thanks for your suggestions. I was chipleader entering the Final Table and lost a lot in equity. Maybe I'd have come 6th, maybe I'd have won? It's disgusting to be denied the oportunity of winning a UKOPS title by something like this. I redeposited at Sky especially to play the series. I initially stopped playing at the site because the software was poor. I don't see how I can bring myself to play here again when things like this happen. It's totally unacceptable. I'd recommend you skip showing final table highlights of this event unless you want to explain to the viewers just why one of the players is sitting out the whole time.
    Posted by Aquanaut1

I said as much on the chat thread Aquanaut. Could be interesting to say what they have to say about it on Thursday's show. Final table showing from 7-8 I think. 
  • edited October 2012
    Aquanaut, you have my sympathies.

I suggest you get on the line to customer care, explain what happened and see what they want to do for you. Perhaps get in touch with Tikay, too. Bearing in mind he's not just a Sky Poker employee but chairman (or something like that) of APAT, he'll do what he can to help you out.

If I were you, I'd also post what you've been offered on this forum thread. There are plenty of reliable people who'll be able to tell you what they'd expect from the site if they'd found themselves in that situation. You ought to receive some sort of compensation for this and you want to know that it's fair.

I'm sure Sky will want to reach a satisfactory settlement with you.
  • edited October 2012
    + 1 to borin loner 
  • edited October 2012
    Thats pretty sick for that to happen to you at the final table of ukops expected you to go on and win it after you busted me with jj against my ak in the chip leader pot.
  • edited October 2012
    horrible situation sir

im sure sky will offer something to you or at least you should

the fact you have come back to the site for a big series of tournaments indicates you are a serious mtt player the sort sky need to attract

good luck
  • edited October 2012
    I think I have an idea as to what the problem was, wish id seen this earlier. This often happens to me when I logged in on the browser and the dowload. Although the table does not pop up via the brower it will pop up on the download and come up with the error message sayng that I already have it open. All I do then is log out of the browser and the table fires up again perfectly fine. Seems like this is maybe the problem.
  • edited October 2012
    well have you had any feedback from sky regarding this yet?? will be interesting to see what they have to say.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Urgent At UKOPS Final table and having technical problems:
    well have you had any feedback from sky regarding this yet?? will be interesting to see what they have to say.
    Posted by smarr
    Probably just the same as every other incident of this type, they'll just say it's not their fault/problem, as proved by the other 5 final table players being able to play on as normal. 

• edited October 2012
    this is one scenario where this will happen......

2 tables out you have the DC & a browser open and you're watching the other table on one platform, while obv playing your table on another.

It reaches FT.......your automatically in effect now on 2 FTs 

Which leads to the message described been shown

not saying this is what happened here but....... you never know

• edited October 2012

That's a pretty sick thing to happen, I would be absolutely gutted (after I'd got over the joy of winning 1.6k lol) but unfortunately I suspect Dohhhhh is right... the 5 others played fine, so presumably it will be deemed to be a fault at your end.