You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Urgent At UKOPS Final table and having technical problems

2»

Comments

• edited October 2012
    The table was open somewhere (green bar running down rather than red bar).  Contact CC and see what happens.
  • edited October 2012
    Soooooooooo sick and v ul sir.
    This has happened to me loads its shocking, sky really do need to sort there software out, last time I was 1st/5 left in the £5k roller and exactly the same thing and I got blinded out and finished 4th it's such a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    It prob happens about once a month on download to me, I then pop on the browser and can usually play but there has been times where it won't let me get back on the download or the browser.
    It keeps saying cannot open table as table is already open grrrrrrrrrrr at the software.

• edited October 2012
    Id be going back to check HH now seeing if i was delt AA at any time :(
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Urgent At UKOPS Final table and having technical problems:
    Soooooooooo sick and v ul sir. This has happened to me loads its shocking, sky really do need to sort there software out, last time I was 1st/5 left in the £5k roller and exactly the same thing and I got blinded out and finished 4th it's such a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It prob happens about once a month on download to me, I then pop on the browser and can usually play but there has been times where it won't let me get back on the download or the browser. It keeps saying cannot open table as table is already open grrrrrrrrrrr at the software.
    Posted by macapaca
    happened to me a few times aswell.. i find the fastest way to get back on table is to reboot pc. but ft blinds will prob eat you up by the time you do that.. it has happend with me a few times.. says table already open when it obv isnt. like dohhhh said previous tho all you will get from cs is that game working fine as 5 other players were ok.. therefore its your fault.. i totally diagree.

i havent long started playing on sky again. i left to go to another site because of similar cs issues.. but after a nice win on sky bet i decided not to withdraw but to keep it as a br for poker.. please keep me informed to what response you get.. i may be off again.. i would be devastated if it were me.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Urgent At UKOPS Final table and having technical problems:
    Id be going back to check HH now seeing if i was delt AA at any time :(
    Posted by shaun09
    lol dont wind him up.. imagine he sees he had aa vs kk etc he would be tamping
  • edited November 2012
    Just like I expected I got a cut 'n' paste reply from customer services saying how the defective Sky Poker software malfunctioning is my fault. What would be "my" fault is if I was foolish enough to allow this to happen to me again. It easily could happen to me or anyone else reading this until they do something about it. I've come up with a simple solution to this, play elsewhere where stuff like this doesn't happen.

Going from the excitement of entering a big money final table with the chip lead, playing my best poker, to an hour of absolute desparation watching my chips being blinded away from the lobby ranks as the worst experience I've had in 5 years playing online poker.
  • edited November 2012
    sorry to hear this aqua

i am a big defender of sky on some things but it appears once again (as in my experience) the customer support is at best poor

good luck sir
  • edited November 2012

Keep your head, mate.

Have you had a word with Tikay about this?

It is clear that Sky Poker's software is at fault here. Regardless of the other five players at the table being able to play, the fact remains that you were not. You have irrefutable evidence that your internet connection was functioning and that you were playing right up until one table out. It is not your responsibility to understand the ins and outs of Sky Poker's software and how to troubleshoot when it goes wrong. It is Sky Poker's responsibilty to provide a reliable service, in line with the agreement you made with them when registering to play in the tournament and paying your entry fee. Sky Poker clearly failed to fulfil their duty to you and are liable.

Customer care are doing their job by trying to save their client (Sky Poker) as much money as possible. If they can convince you that you were at fault, they will have done a very good job. However you and I, as well as every other observer at that final table, know that you were not at fault.

So if Sky Poker do not wish to offer you reasonable and fair compensation for their failure, you need to be able to twist their arm a little. You need some leverage. So here it is: There are many people on this forum who also post on other, more populous forums. Sky Poker's business would be adversely affected if stories of this failure of software and customer care were to be widely publicised. Players who are new to poker would, of course, be unaware of this bad publicity however the higher stakes players who form a significant part of any online poker site's business model do pay attention to these things.

So I'm not convinced that such an incident during one of Sky Poker's marquee events is going to be good for business. Sky's software already has a poor reputation, if they are happy to gain a reputation for not looking after their players as well, then I'd be quite surprised.

• edited November 2012
    would love to here skys take on this