You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS 7 Update Thread

2»

Comments

• edited November 2012

Good morning.

The packed UKOPS-train continued to hurtle towards it's final destination, with last nights 3 winners being.....

MAIN - boogsboy

MINI - mrweeve

SIDEY - david666 (did he win an earlier UKOPS?)

Despite it being a sort of mini Bonfire Night, there were huge fields again (676 in the Mini, & an extraordinary 84 in the Sidey), creating nearly £30,000 of Prize Pool, well north of the £22,500 Guarantee.

21 UKOPS Events so far, so we have just three more to go......
  • edited November 2012
    SIDEY - david666 (did he win an earlier UKOPS?)

He came 3rd in Thursday main event and won Friday's, not a bad little run, very well played sir!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS 7 Update Thread:
    SIDEY - david666 (did he win an earlier UKOPS?) He came 3rd in Thursday main event and won Friday's, not a bad little run, very well played sir!
    Posted by Lightwood
    Thanks lighty - incredible!

I just looked it up - he came third in the £500, & won TWO Sideys. Wowzer.

• edited November 2012
    Can anyone tell me the final number of runners in the UKOPS 7 Main please or give me a link to the lobby, it's not on Gary's thread.
  • edited November 2012
    Can anyone tell me the final number of runners in the UKOPS 7 Main please or give me a link to the lobby, it's not on Gary's thread.
    Posted by Slykllist
    Morning Simon.

There were 350 runners in last night's UKOPS 7 MAIN, I believe.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS 7 Update Thread : Morning Simon. There were 350 runners in last night's UKOPS 7 MAIN, I believe.
    Posted by Tikay10
    OK, I've worked on 350 unless I here differently
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS 7 Update Thread : Thanks lighty - incredible! I just looked it up - he came third in the £500, & won TWO Sideys. Wowzer.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Started by winning a £54 +£3 sate to the £500 + £30 main event which I came 3rd in on thursday night. They I played Fridays £50 +£5 main event and took it down, and last night i was the winner in the £100 + £10 side event. 3 cashes, 3 final tables, 2 victories, 1 freezeout, 1 re-buy, 1 bountyhunter. Quite pleased with myself, but im also happy with amount of nice people on this site. Won't be too pleased if I dont do well tonight.

On a side note I got 2 harsh critiques from the sky pundit on the Thursday night show early on in the £530 main event. Can you find out if she wants a spoon or a fork for her humble pie please?
  • edited November 2012

Hi David - that is nothing short of AWESOME! Versatile, too.

Delighted for you.

Sorry to hear that you thought Thursday's Analyst-ess - Jen Mason - was overly harsh, she is usually very fair & honest, though I confes some bias, as she is a close personal friend for over 10 years. I would be very surprised if her comments were not intended as being constructive.

Anyway, there will be some balance for you on tonight's Show, as I shall give you a shout-out for your incredible string of results.

That £10,000 in your pocket must ease the pain, too....;)

Balance-schmalance. ;) 
  • edited November 2012
    Hi David - that is nothing short of AWESOME! Versatile, too. Delighted for you.   Sorry to hear that you thought Thursday's Analyst-ess - Jen Mason - was overly harsh, she is usually very fair & honest, though I confes some bias, as she is a close personal friend for over 10 years. I would be very surprised if her comments were not intended as being constructive. Anyway, there will be some balance for you on tonight's Show, as I shall give you a shout-out for your incredible string of results. That £10,000 in your pocket must ease the pain, too....;)   Balance-schmalance. ;) 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hey Tikay, thanks for the kind words.  I have a lot of respect for you and the other sky poker pundits. That was just a little rant because I thought I played the second hand in particular ,well, considering my short stack. I just felt the critique was a little dare I say it lazy, I was after all scrapping for my life in a high roller event that I had just satellited into.  This blog was my only oppertunity to have my say on an issue where I was repremanded for my play on a national level.  Probably just a difference of opinions, but I will leave it there.

Looking forward to having more chats with you guys in the future. 

All the best at the tables.

Davey
  • edited November 2012

Thank you very much Davey, that's nicely put, we can always drag these matters on for ever, but we need to get on with things. Life's too short!

I will DEFINITELY be mentioning you on tonight's Show, that is some performance by you.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS 7 Update Thread : Hey Tikay, thanks for the kind words.  I have a lot of respect for you and the other sky poker pundits. That was just a little rant because I thought I played the second hand in particular ,well, considering my short stack. I just felt the critique was a little dare I say it lazy, I was after all scrapping for my life in a high roller event that I had just satellited into.  This blog was my only oppertunity to have my say on an issue where I was repremanded for my play on a national level.  Probably just a difference of opinions, but I will leave it there. Looking forward to having more chats with you guys in the future.  All the best at the tables. Davey
    Posted by david666
    Incredible results david, very well played sir