You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The official FUNday Night Show Thread (FUNdry Prizes on offer)

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat

Good morning!

Tonight's Show on Ch 861 will be a UKOPS Special.

Hosting it will be one of Sky Poker's finest ever players, & now he is a Ch 861 Presenter - Redmond Lee, aka "lolufold".

Comments

• edited November 2012

Red's Analyst tonight is a secret, he has the nickname of Methuselah, here's a photo-clue....

• edited November 2012

Why am I doing the thread, instead of the Presenter?

Dunno, Producer Dan asked me, so I did. Guess he thought poor Reds has enough on his plate already, with his dodgy wingman tonight & all that.

You may not remember this - in fact I can guarantee you won't (it was instantly forgettable), but in about 2007, the Presenter fell ill one night & I was asked to be the Presenter for the night. Wowzer, I was thrilled to bits, & really gave it my best shot.

The next morning, I asked the Producer how I had coped, was I any good? (It pays more money, see?). I mean, at the time I would have loved to make the step-up to being a Presenter.

The Producer said "yes, you were very good Tony, very good indeed. The next time we have a spare Presenter slot, we will give it to you".

Wow, I was thrilled to bits. 

About 1,000 Shows later, I'm still waiting for that "spare" slot. 

Do you think they were trying to tell me something?

Ah well, better to have tried & failed, than failed to try. That's my comfort cloth, anyway.

I mean, if folks like these below can Present Shows, I thought I would be a certainty....

• edited November 2012

PS - no disrespect intended to Davina. Just having a little FUN.

Which brings us to those FUNdry Free Prizes...... 

• edited November 2012

Tonight we are not going to hear any of this "Sunday Grind" nonsense. Grind? Poker is not a grind, Poker is supposed to be FUN!

So, aside from following the £50,000 Guaranteed UKOPS 8 MAIN, & hopefully taking phone-calls from a few of you who are playing it, we are determined to turn Sunday evening into FUNday evening.

We shall be giving out a few Prizes on the Show for the best "FUN" based Posts on this thread.

What prizes? Dunno yet, but Dan the Producer usually gives away about £50 worth, & I'll add at least that much from my budget, so there will up at least £100 of Free Tourney Entries up for grabs.

How to get your hands on some of those prizes?

Easy.....
  • edited November 2012

Just introduce FUN into your Post.

How much FUN was UKOPS?

What was the best FUN moment?

Why do you think Poker is FUN?

Easy enough, yes.

But......

Here's the twist.

You have to interoduce the word FUN into your Post, as often as you like. You can use a little artistic licence, too.

Few examples to follow.....

• edited November 2012

First to act pre-flop?

FUNder the gun.

Nobody raised yet?

That is a FUNraised pot.

A short-stack tries to reraise All-In?

That's a FUNderaise.

• edited November 2012

Favourite pop group?

FUNdertones

FUNderclap Newman.

The FUNdertakers.

• edited November 2012

Favourite football team?

FUNderland FC.

Manchester FUNited
  • edited November 2012
    Methuselah was the oldest man ever to live!
    Tradition maintains the he died in 1656 at the age of 969.
    Have you got his great grandson on the show tonight wow 
    OR
    Have you got all the way from the USA the Methuselah Great basin Bristlecone pine tree that grows high in the white mountains in eastern California.

Made me think!
    old
    wooden
    been to the USA

I have got it tikay its you

have a good one 

DAI

• edited November 2012

Regular Sky Poker player & Forum user?

FUNbpower.

Busted by a one-outer?

FUNbelievable.

Easy.

Easy enough to FUNderstand, yes?

Entries will be accepted FUNtil 11pm.

Arte the lunatics running the asylum, as borin suggested?

FUNdoubtedly.

Will I EVER get asked to do a Show Thread again?

FUNlikely......
  • edited November 2012

Thanks Dai - but where were the FUN references. Did you not FUNderstand the idea?
  • edited November 2012
    Bob Geldof famously sang 'Tell me why I don't like FUNDAYS' - Well I love em, FUN, FUN, FUN and even more FUN.

This UKOPS series has been Funtastic, with wonderfun tournaments, some fundamentally outstanding play by some players.

For me personally, I have Funked in most of the event but managed to still have Fun and find two small cashes to balance the books.

Now back to Funday, my favourite day of the week - Fun with the kids, Funday lunch at the in laws and then time for some fun at the tables to try and fund a way to play as many of the final UKOP events as I can play.

So funderstand this - Fundays are really FUNDAYS!!
  • edited November 2012

Puns shouldn't be allowed unless these are funny.  Fun Puns.

• edited November 2012
    Surely your favourite pop group must simply be FUN Tikay?! - http://youtu.be/Sv6dMFF_yts

The title of there biggest hit which I've posted in the link above pretty much describes you as well.

Have a funking brilliant show!
  • edited November 2012

Lol, we are young, oooh ooh ooh.........

FUNtastic!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The official FUNday Night Show Thread (FUNdry Prizes on offer):
    Bob Geldof famously sang 'Tell me why I don't like FUNDAYS' - Well I love em, FUN, FUN, FUN and even more FUN. This UKOPS series has been Funtastic, with wonderfun tournaments, some fundamentally outstanding play by some players. For me personally, I have Funked in most of the event but managed to still have Fun and find two small cashes to balance the books. Now back to Funday, my favourite day of the week - Fun with the kids, Funday lunch at the in laws and then time for some fun at the tables to try and fund a way to play as many of the final UKOP events as I can play. So funderstand this - Fundays are really FUNDAYS!!
    Posted by Lightwood
    Brilliant!

If thsat does not win a prize, I'll......

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The official FUNday Night Show Thread (FUNdry Prizes on offer):
    Surely your favourite pop group must simply be FUN Tikay?! -  http://youtu.be/Sv6dMFF_yts The title of there biggest hit which I've posted in the link above pretty much describes you as well. Have a funking brilliant show!
    Posted by BUFC
    Lol, careful........;)
  • edited November 2012
    Question for TIKAY - I keep FUNderestimating my opponents ranges and always go in as FUNderdog!  As I'm very FUNderfinanced in poker what changes should I FUNdertake to ensure I don't FUNderachieve? 
  • edited November 2012
    If you have to over emphasis the fun in poker then the fun is lost_

The fun is in the unpredictable game we love

doesn't mean it's always fun, but deep down in the underbelly of that bad beat lives a nice warm that feeling that one day you will be on the other side of the fence laughing deep down inside when you hit that one outer !

but........a nice quote from some french bloke

"You have to love the game, for the game to love you back"

Embrace the FUNDAY EVERYDAY )

• edited November 2012

GREAT Post rancid, thank you.

Love that.

And that Frenchie was right. If we don't respect the game, it won't respect us, ditto our opponents, dissing them is not the way to enjoy poker. 

• edited November 2012
          Most fun iv had all week was getting it all in on the bubble with a decent stack in ukops side with kk v qq glitterbabe and ak offshoot. Door card was a ACE fell off me chair laughing and smile hasnt left my face all week gg wp all wheres the cat lol.  Cheers guys have a good show
  • edited November 2012
          Interesting hand from last night ukops i was doing ok got involved with agro oppo was temted to raise bigger pre to get it in on flop but basicly bottled it from there on in good fold on end ? thoughts please.id no582429583 cheers guys cant play tonight but will record show sure it will b fun
  • edited November 2012

Lol, great Post Colin, that's the only way to handle those beats.
  • edited November 2012

great that redmond has made the move to the status associated with being a presenter.  as a sky presenter will he also be required to know only a quarter of what he knew as an analyst?

ps.  the word "fun" appears in this post now

• edited November 2012
    great that redmond has made the move to the status associated with being a presenter.  as a sky presenter will he also be required to know only a quarter of what he knew as an analyst? ps.  the word "fun" appears in this post now
    Posted by aussie09
    THAT much?

Harsh. Fair, but harsh.
  • edited November 2012

Fundamentally

Understand

No

Face-cards

Usually

Negates

Fifty-percent of

Unnecessary

Naff

Flops

Unless

Ninety-Percent of

Fellow players

Understand

Nothing!

• edited November 2012

Brilliant stuff, Imber!
  • edited November 2012
    Brilliant stuff, Imber!
    Posted by Tikay10

e-NUF

• edited November 2012

What a FUNtastic week of UKOPS it has been with all the Highs & Lo's, with the FUNale tonight.Our Presenter will be Another Sky Poker Legend Redmond Lee who will give us all the FUNdementals of the great game of Poker, And i'm sure tonight will be a very FUNky Show.An Expert will be on hand to Analyse our play. 

On Monday we have another FUN Filled evening with the weekly Forum DTD (3x Tourneys), which is all about FUN / Banter & a great standard of Poker Play all for £5-50.

• edited November 2012
       What a FUNtastic week of UKOPS it has been with all the Highs & Lo's, with the FUNale tonight.Our Presenter will be Another Sky Poker Legend Redmond Lee who will give us all the FUNdementals of the great game of Poker, And i'm sure tonight will be a very FUNky Show.An Exp ert will be on hand to Analyse our play.    On Monday we have another FUN Filled evening with the weekly Forum DTD (3x Tourneys), which is all about FUN / Banter & a great standard of Poker Play all for £5-50.  
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Surely you mean Funday evening, Michael ;)