You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The official FUNday Night Show Thread (FUNdry Prizes on offer)

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Recently got back into online poker after chatting with a friend, and watching a bit of late night 861 - just in time for UKOPS! I placed third in a satellite of around 130 runners to win a seat for tonight's main event, played a few other tournaments this week and had a great time without really cashing much. And now my first post on the forums.

To contribute to the FUN,

I have taken up poker to make a bit of cash since being crudely sacked for no reason my job running a coconut shy. Think I have a case for FUNfair dismissal....

Hmmm... Back to the tables perhaps.

Looking forward to the show tonight.
  • edited November 2012

Evening FUNki & RedFUNk,

FUNsically, FUNker FUNdermentally beFUNdle's FUNsters FUN; FUNctional FUNds FUNd FUNny FUNgi's FUNky FUNker.

A FUN tongue twister?

Hope I'm in the Main & Mini..........

Love Sue

XXXX
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The official FUNday Night Show Thread (FUNdry Prizes on offer):
    Recently got back into online poker after chatting with a friend, and watching a bit of late night 861 - just in time for UKOPS! I placed third in a satellite of around 130 runners to win a seat for tonight's main event, played a few other tournaments this week and had a great time without really cashing much. And now my first post on the forums. To contribute to the FUN, I have taken up poker to make a bit of cash since being crudely sacked for no reason my job running a coconut shy. Think I have a case for FUNfair dismissal.... Hmmm... Back to the tables perhaps. Looking forward to the show tonight.
    Posted by bbMike
    You may be able to take them to a Employment triFUNal
  • edited November 2012
    I like the fact that there is FUN in the word funeral!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The official FUNday Night Show Thread (FUNdry Prizes on offer):
    Posted by bbMike
    funeral is actually an anagram of real fun - brilliant - lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The official FUNday Night Show Thread (FUNdry Prizes on offer) : funeral is actually an anagram of real fun - brilliant - lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by imber
    dead funny?

• edited November 2012
    with apologies to the beatles

Here comes the FUN (do do do do)
    Here comes the FUN, and I say,
    Pocket Aces!

Pocket Aces, its been a long and grinding session
    Pocket Aces, its seems like years since I had you
    Here comes the FUN
    Here comes the FUN, and I say
    I'm all in

Pocket Aces, the boards come three unsuited rags
    Pocket Aces, there's no way I'm losing here
    Here comes the FUN
    Here comes the FUN, and i say
    I'm busted!

FUN FUN FUN, playing online
    FUN FUN FUN, playing online
  • edited November 2012

Fun Is:-

The time it takes to realise you wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world!

The place where Days and Hours only seem to last seconds!

A tool so sharp it cuts into your heart and leaves memories forever!

It's always genuine and never artificial!

It has to be taken in, or with, the right spirits!

And, is only cruel if it's poked at!

None of us could survive without it!

If you're sat in front of the telly, remote in hand.

You're only 3 button pushes away from it!

Channel 861, the home of Funtertainment!!!

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The official FUNday Night Show Thread (FUNdry Prizes on offer) : funeral is actually an anagram of real fun - brilliant - lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by imber
    Good spot!
  • edited November 2012
    with apologies to the beatles Here comes the FUN (do do do do) Here comes the FUN, and I say, Pocket Aces! Pocket Aces, its been a long and grinding session Pocket Aces, its seems like years since I had you Here comes the FUN Here comes the FUN, and I say I'm all in Pocket Aces, the boards come three unsuited rags Pocket Aces, there's no way I'm losing here Here comes the FUN Here comes the FUN, and i say I'm busted! FUN FUN FUN, playing online FUN FUN FUN, playing online
    Posted by memfno
    Too good!
  • edited November 2012
    Fun Is:- The time it takes to realise you wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world! The place where Days and Hours only seem to last seconds! A tool so sharp it cuts into your heart and leaves memories forever! It's always genuine and never artificial!   It has to be taken in, or with, the right spirits! And, is only cruel if it's poked at! None of us could survive without it! If you're sat in front of the telly, remote in hand. You're only 3 button pushes away from it! Channel 861, the home of Funtertainment!!!
    Posted by cleansweep
    Ooohhhh!
  • edited November 2012

I was hoping we could gets lots more of this - it's funtastic - but many people are struggling to access the Forum this afternoon, as the "COMMUNITY" Tab seems to have fallen off.

Those that are here already know this, but if you have friends who cannot access the Community, then perhaps you could suggest to them that....

Open the HOME PAGE, which isHERE

Look bottom right to where it says "create your profile", & click that.  
  • edited November 2012

I thought the "FUNfair dismissal" was one of the best yet.

Any more for any more?

• edited November 2012

You can also e-Mail the Show, "SkyOpen@bskyb.com"

Or Tweet us at @Sky_Poker/\~UKOPShttp/www\thismaybewrong.com (sorry, I forgot our Twitter handle).
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by bbMike
    In the place I used to live there was a funeral directors called Swearers.  Not a clue why but always made me smile
  • edited November 2012
    Twitter handle is #skypokertv I think.  You could always change it for the day to #funfunfun
  • edited November 2012
    I was hoping we could gets lots more of this - it's funtastic - but many people are struggling to access the Forum this afternoon, as the "COMMUNITY" Tab seems to have fallen off. Those that are here already know this, but if you have friends who cannot access the Community, then perhaps you could suggest to them that.... Open the HOME PAGE, which is HERE Look bottom right to where it says "create your profile", & click that.  
    Posted by Tikay10

You can also access The Community by going to "My Profile" and clicking on a "Recent Activity"  GPC post.
  • edited November 2012
    Tonight we are not going to hear any of this "Sunday Grind " nonsense. Grind? Poker is not a grind , Poker is supposed to be FUN! So, aside from following the £50,000 Guaranteed UKOPS 8 MAIN, & hopefully taking phone-calls from a few of you who are playing it, we are determined to turn Sunday evening into FUNday evening.   We shall be giving out a few Prizes on the Show for the best "FUN" based Posts on this thread. What prizes? Dunno yet, but Dan the Producer usually gives away about £50 worth, & I'll add at least that much from my budget, so there will up at least £100 of Free Tourney Entries up for grabs.   How to get your hands on some of those prizes? Easy.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay will be awarding some free seats to best contributions etc tomorrow morning....so get posting!
  • edited November 2012

Have a great show, chuffed to see best presenter and best analyst on tonight (in the same chair).  Love you really Tikay.

FUN things about UKOPS 

Afundance of satellites.
    Funomenal prize pools
    A great commerardery and affunity with the other players

...but, by far, the funnest thing about UKOPS - tonight's ME Fungsten Bracelet.

GL to all in the Main tonight; may you run like Usain

Dan (dtm75)

• edited November 2012

I think UKOPS is fun especially as i took down 1st place in the £55 rebuy on Wednesday for £6 Grand.  The most fun moment was whent i took it down started screaming in the livingroom and woke my dad up out of his bed he didnt know what was going on!
  • edited November 2012
    Made the main event by satelite, bring it on ! looking forward to it. Good Luck all
  • edited November 2012
    A TALE OF FUN

I once raised from under the gun

The lovely valet had brought me a sticky bun

My opponent 3 bet me and the hand was done

The villian left in a beat he wasnt there for long

It is never fun to be hit and run

But at the end of this tale poker should be FUN

• edited November 2012
    Qualified through last nights freeroll for the main event tonight, big shoutout to MissHoolie who when I got discconected with 4 players left ran down the clock to give me a chance to get back, very kind of her.

Good Luck to her in the side event.

Shuv
  • edited November 2012
    Is poker fun, haven't played for almost 2 years having been beaten into submission with all those so called badbeats. But time is ultimately the only thing we have and using time to play this is very low on my agenda. 

Regards

Andy
  • edited November 2012

Well im out, lasted a long time :(...bit of a cooler but was it a stupid all in from me??

Hand History #582762410

• edited November 2012
    Fun is the enjoyment of pleasure.

The distinction between enjoyment and fun is difficult to articulate but real, fun being a more spontaneous, playful, or active event. The perception of time is shortened when one is "having fun"
  • edited November 2012
    Hand blockers please.  I was enjoying this hand until the check raise on the river.

Hand ID 582765390
  • edited November 2012
    Well im out, lasted a long time :(...bit of a cooler but was it a stupid all in from me?? Hand History #582762410
    Posted by shuv
    Very unlucky shuv, nothing wrong with your all-in on the river, just a miracle flop & turn for my hand!

Ps - Tikay, Im not colin, think you're confusing me with goldenb (again!) 

:)

Keith, Preston
  • edited November 2012

Are you ready, Are you ready, for this?

James dean posters on their wall
    What a sad little end to it all
    Last seen having lots of fun
    Barefoot and on the run

I am mad from scandinavia
    I want a guy in the london area
    He must be crazy and sagitarius
    ’cause I’m leo and I’m hilarious
  • edited November 2012
    loving the new payout structure :) in main 2nite no min cash if u make the money u win a fair bit nice 1 sky a great added feature