You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday's live show with James & Redmond (***OFFICIAL THREAD***)

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat

Who is the presenter and who is the analyst for this show? or are you just going to chop and change throughout the evening? 

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Hello!

Lots to look forward to. We'll kick off the show at 7pm with live coverage of a £600 Timed Tournament. You can register for that game HERE.

Between 8 and 9pm, it's The Poker Clinic. Our studio analyst and sophisticated hand-masking technology are ready to go, we just need your hand requests. So, please send in Hand IDs (from 'TV' tables only), with background info and specific questions.

We've got an hour of live cash action from 9pm. Then, at 10pm, it's the ten biggest cash pots of the week, in the aptly named Top of the Pots.

And we'll go out on a high. Between 11pm and midnight, expect highlights from Thursday's main event: the £15k Bounty Hunter.

Recently, Richard asked you to name the one single thing which has most improved your game. Many of you cited the advice dispensed on channel 861. So...

What's the single most important thing you've learned from the Sky Poker analysts?

And...

Which topics have we not yet covered / discussed in enough detail on the Sky Poker TV Channel?

There's no time like the present. Suggest a good subject, and Reds will wax lyrical ;)

If you submit one of the FOUR best contributions of the night (as judged by Mr Lee), you'll receive FREE entry to Sunday's Mini Primo.

E-mail: skyopen@bskyb.com
    Twitter: #SkyPokerTV

• edited November 2012
    hartigan league anytime soon james?
  • edited November 2012
    hi james n redmond

can u show this hand on poker clinic with mask the hands please 

mastercash table 9 

how did i play this 

once i got called on the flop should i bet or check turn think i kinda made a mistake on the turn thoughts please

no reads as just joined table but played ajrockets before very aggro player
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show with James & Redmond (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    Who is the presenter and who is the analyst for this show? or are you just going to chop and change throughout the evening?  ☺
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Ha! I hope you realise how lucky you are to have two multi-talented individuals on the same show!!! ;)

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show with James & Redmond (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    hartigan league anytime soon james?
    Posted by mkgunner
    Sorry, no plans for the next few months.

• edited November 2012
    What's the single most important thing you've learned from the Sky Poker analysts?

SATIRE !!!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show with James & Redmond (***OFFICIAL THREAD***) : Ha! I hope you realise how lucky you are to have two multi-talented individuals on the same show!!! ;)
    Posted by J-Hartigan

They ALL talk a good game! 

• edited November 2012

never to limp ya get a slap lol 
  • edited November 2012
    Which topics have we not yet covered / discussed in enough detail on the Sky Poker TV Channel?

dyms i dont think have been discussed enough imo its a skill game when the blinds are high knowing when to go all in or not as survival is key 
  • edited November 2012

Good evening James and Redmond.

A hand for the clinic, if it pleases you:

579939952 (18:36 28/10/2012) From the UKOPS 1 Semi Satellite

Still a long way from the bubble.

Nothing special pre-flop. On the flop, when I'm led into I assume it's very unlikely to mean that my opponent has trips. I'm thinking that means a flush draw, a middling/small pocket pair or air. It's tough to see what legitimate hand I can represent if I raise here, so I decide to 'float' to see if I can take it away on a wet turn card if he checks.

I get that wet turn card and my opponent checks. I rule out him having a flush now, as you would usually expect him to keep betting since I can easily be holding a King. I bet and get the call and now a stubborn underpair seems most likely.

After he checks the river, I decide I'm "in for a penny, in for a pound", even though the river is a terrible card to bluff.

Is it faulty logic to float and try to represent a strong hand on a wet turn? If not, should I just give it up on the river, believing that he's never going to fold after calling the turn? It's so much money to leave behind.
    :' (

I know, I'm dumb. Should fold the flop.

Thanks chaps.

• edited November 2012
    583632928  master cash 3 if u wanna show this 1 for the lolz   bad beats happen part of poker come to terms to deal with it instead of getting angry just shrugged shoulders n moved on :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Thanks for the request IDCU.... We've actually already shown this hand, it was shown on Tuesday night's speed cash coverage.
  • edited November 2012
    oh ok i didnt watch the last hr anychance u can show the other hand i posted cheers :)
  • edited November 2012
    Forum » Sky Poker Discussions » The Sky Poker T.V. Channel » play my hand request (possibly a chance of the jackpot)
    Posts from whogoes are HiddenStop Ignoring whogoes

play my hand request (possibly a chance of the jackpot)

posted at 29/10/2012 3:59 PM GMT on SkyPoker.com
    First: 24/7/2012
    Last: 29/10/2012
    hi guys please..please..please play my hand request.i was in the 10k tv b/h and mini on saturday 27th oct,i won the mini and was doing very well in the main b/h (i finished 22nd?).the reason im requesting my hand is i think it cost me a very good chance of finishing in the top 6 at least and possibly a shot at the jackpot.i folded a set of kings on the turn card and lost a fiar amount of chips,this affected my game and duly went out not long after .i so badly need to know if this was a good fold or not as i put him on a flush.i have been unable to sleep since lol..so please..please..please show my hand many thanks
    hand id 579662132 22.41pm 27-10-12
  • edited November 2012

To cut down on the sunbeds and don,t touch that tanning lotion

Have a good show guys

Paul
  • edited November 2012
    Forum » Sky Poker Discussions » The Sky Poker T.V. Channel » play my hand request (possibly a chance of the jackpot) Watch this discussion 1 Posts from whogoes are Hidden Stop Ignoring whogoes play my hand request (possibly a chance of the jackpot) posted at 29/10/2012 3:59 PM GMT on SkyPoker.com whogoes Posts: 3 First: 24/7/2012 Last: 29/10/2012 hi guys please..please..please play my hand request.i was in the 10k tv b/h and mini on saturday 27th oct,i won the mini and was doing very well in the main b/h (i finished 22nd?).the reason im requesting my hand is i think it cost me a very good chance of finishing in the top 6 at least and possibly a shot at the jackpot.i folded a set of kings on the turn card and lost a fiar amount of chips,this affected my game and duly went out not long after .i so badly need to know if this was a good fold or not as i put him on a flush.i have been unable to sleep since lol..so please..please..please show my hand many thanks hand id 579662132 22.41pm 27-10-12
    Posted by whogoes
    We'll try and show this hand for you in the Poker Clinic at 8pm.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show with James & Redmond (***OFFICIAL THREAD***) : We'll try and show this hand for you in the Poker Clinic at 8pm.
    Posted by Sky_Louis
    Thank you for your time (whogoes you decide)
    )
  • edited November 2012
    Just a reminder that we're going to be covering the £600 GTD TV Timed tournament that kicks off at 7.10pm LIVE on channel 861! So make sure to get yourself registered for that one!
  • edited November 2012
    ive been all over sky poker.com trying to find when (if any) some hands from the mini b/h tonight may be shown. i haven't played on sky poker for a while and thought i might give it a go. any info much appreciated. thanks Antony 
  • edited November 2012
    ive been all over sky poker.com trying to find when (if any) some hands from the mini b/h tonight may be shown. i haven't played on sky poker for a while and thought i might give it a go. any info much appreciated. thanks Antony 
    Posted by antseenee1
    We're not covering the mini bounty hunter this evening. However, If you're involved in an interesting hand that you'd like to be shown on the TV, make a note of the hand ID and post it on this forum and we'll do our best to show it for you!
  • edited November 2012
    Good evening gents

Couple of things i'd like to see covered in detail.

1. Out of position bluffing. Really positional bluffing is standard, and the continuation bet in position after missing the flop, is really the easiest bluff of all. From my point of view, the ability to OOP Bluff is what seperates the ok players from the top ones especially as the player doing the bluff is often starting from the premise of preparing in advance, board permitting, of 3 barrelling in the first place. I think Trickett and Duthie are brilliant at this.

2. Poker Philosophy. I think the thing that seperates all players from each other, is what their game philosophy is. My philosophy is based upon the thought that over the long distance I am going to recieve pre flop AA and preflop 23 exactly the same amount of times as all other players. Now as AA is going to stand up on average 4 out of 5 times when forced to heads up pre flop, my skills (if i have any) are not going to make any difference here. It plays itself. AA KK QQ AK preflop are, as we say, donkey hands, any donkey can play them. So, if i am going to turn a profit long term, i need to win with cards closer to the 23 end of the deck and do this more often than Joe Average. Obviously i don't mean call with them but rather play them agressively as for instance Faux Rockets as Caro would say. Now rightly or wrongly this is my game phiolosophy, sometimes its profitable sometimes its not, and it almost always generates interesting chat comments shall we say. But whats Redmonds philosophy? Carlo's Philosophy, Orfords Philosophy????

Things learned from Sky. Dont be afraid to push hard into multiple callers pre flop. Girls are distracting (bet Ry Ry's game has fell to pieces since Anna started eye fluttering him on the couch!). Its all about fun, dont enjoy it pack it in, play golf.

Last thing for the future. Surely Hartigan you can persuade Sky to give you your own Sky Movies show, Ala Mark Kermode had on Beeb a few years ago. Hartigans Sky Movies Review of the Week. I'm sure they could pay you enough to sell your soul and say How The Harry Potter Movies changed your life, or a Affleck Rom Com hits all the high points of a Lemmon / MacClaine combo, or How important it is for Stallone to make Expendables 3. No??? Well move over Hartigan cus i will and  I'll work for free (well nearly)!!

Have a good show!

memfno
  • edited November 2012
    Elocution lessons from Carlo or was that electrolysis?
    could be the one thing i've picked up from analysts! 
  • edited November 2012

can u show this hand from the timed tourney please how did i play this and is it the right fold ?
  • edited November 2012
    evening gents

looking forward to a whole night of channel 861. i think that the most important lesson i have learned from the show is how to use position. i would like to have some discussion about c-betting. i have done this so many times with high starting hands only to be beaten by lower value hands which have hit. any advice would be good because i find myself playing more and more passivly now because of this.

onwards and upwards :-)
  • edited November 2012
    could u mask the hands if u show please :)
  • edited November 2012
    Hi James and Reds,i have just read the post by memfno a very intersting post particularly his Poker Philosophy,a post worthy of some debate i would suggest.

My question for Redmond concerns microstakes cash,the general advice is to play tight and value bet when you have a hand.What sort of range of hands would Redmond play at microstakes cash.
  • edited November 2012
    For me it's gotta be the simple raise or fold especially at the latter end of an mtt  (on the rare occasion im still in a mtt late on)

And im sure you already have but i'd like to see one your shows spend an hour discussing omaha and omaha hi-lo. 

Thanks guys , great show as usual
  • edited November 2012
    thanks for your comments on the k q hand

i was going to check raise all in on the turn but when aj rockets bet so big on the turn £17 
    i put him on a random 2 pair or even a set as he raised my lead on the flop so was going for thin value on the river 

thanks for your comments everyday is a learning day :)
  • edited November 2012
    The single most important thing i've learnt (other than all the great information tikay spews out about buses trains etc) has to be playing different ways in different positions, i think like many players when i first started i thought it was best to be first to act, my game has improved so much since i started watching the show and taking on all your advice. still some way to go as im still a losing player but enjjoying poker alot more and defiantly less of a losing player than before so keep feeding me free advice please :D
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks for taking a look at my hand.

I don't recall ever playing with that opponent before, so I'm not sure if the call on the river was a great read or just stubbornness. I have written alot about my strategies on the forum, though, and in the past opponents have told me that they knew something about my play because of that. I don't know if that was the case here.

I do know that I was totally owned and felt pretty dumb after that hand.

Anyway, I had a few ideas a while ago for Poker School topics, but wasn't sure if it would be possible to make a full hour out of them:

1) Isolating weaker players, in position.
    2) 3-betting from the blinds in MTT's.
    3) 4-bet calling ranges in cash/deepstack play. (Balancing your range)
    4) Chasing draws on paired boards.
    5) Reverse implied odds.
  • edited November 2012

from the bounty hunter main event

is the river shove ok here to win the bounty or am i only getting called by a hand that beats me