You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday's live show with James & Redmond (***OFFICIAL THREAD***)

Comments

• edited November 2012

I had a blooming flushy tho. no fair. :(
  • edited November 2012
    You want an agressive hand. hand.584252245

Reason I limped was to see if the short stack was to call and if anyone would shove to "cover" the bounty for themselves.
  • edited November 2012

Beaneh and Sammydrid, I'm guessing those hand ID's are both from the bounty hunter Main event tonight?

They usually need the tournament name or Mastercash table number to be able to show the hands.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show with James & Redmond (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    Beaneh and Sammydrid, I'm guessing those hand ID's are both from the bounty hunter Main event tonight? They usually need the tournament name or Mastercash table number to be able to show the hands.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Yeah mine was main event.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show with James & Redmond (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    Beaneh and Sammydrid, I'm guessing those hand ID's are both from the bounty hunter Main event tonight? They usually need the tournament name or Mastercash table number to be able to show the hands.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Yeah they are... there is a way for me to find out where they're from but it does take a while. So that's why we ask people to post where the hands are from so that we can get them on the telly asap!
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by BorinLoner

i'm a one table fish rofl

wait no

i'm a zero table fish as the BH has gone lol sigh.

shoulda paid off Kate rather than waiting 5 mins then busting anyway. I busted with no pair, should have at least lost with a stronger hand like a flush!

Also I didn't know there was a straight flush out until you pointed it out. no wonder i'm zero tabling!
  • edited November 2012
    The shove was unusual and he could of thought I was then maybe pushing him off. The idea was to confuse him on why i would limp shove mainly to look like i was then trying to isolate the hand. I like to play unusual ways sometimes just like Laak does. :)
  • edited November 2012
    JUST SKING Y HAVE THE 10NL MASTER CASH TABLES ???
  • edited November 2012
    Main thing i've learnt is just how hawt rollneck jumpers are!
  • edited November 2012
    An area I would like to see discussed at length would be satellite play.
    for many, satellites are the only way to play in Major Tournaments.
    How does Redmond approach them?
    Does he set himself target numbers of chips to achieve, then shut down?
    Does his range differ significantly from other disciplines?
    Does he set a maximum number of attempts before he buys in direct to a tournament?
    and most importantly how does satelliting in to a £530 tournament from a £24 event, compare to winning £500 on a cash table?
  • edited November 2012
    Hi James i had to get back in touch to say that tonight's show which is slightly more concentrating on the educational side of the game has been excellent.Thanks to Redmond for his answer to my earlier question which was concise and very helpful.

The single most important thing i have learned from the Sky Poker Analysts is that i suffer from tilt.This was something that really surprised me as i always told people i did not go on tilt.

I play well within my bankroll so if someone gives me a badbeat it really does not bother me,i just make notes on their play and get on with the game.However if i win a few pots and play them well then i can be in trouble.

I have heard people say when they are doing well they think they are Phil Ivey,i think i am the guy that is going to take down Phil Ivey when i am doing well when the truth is i am Spikelad struggling microstakes player.

When i first heard the phrase positive tilt it was a lightbulb moment for me.

Great show guys.
  • edited November 2012
    Hi guys, great show.

Just an idea for a topic which perhaps doesn't get the same attention as the actual playing side of the game. That is how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while playing online poker. It's quite easy for anyone who plays regularly to fall into bad habits, for example not eating or sleeping as well they should. Perhaps Redmond or one of the other analysts who play professionally could take us through their average day, good practices for before and after sessions etc etc?

Keep up the good work guys.
  • edited November 2012
    just won a seat in to sky roller time to hopefully take down roller number 2. super show guys hope to send a hand in latter but we will see.
  • edited November 2012
    think that pot of launder vs nariann  will get on the top of the pots show next week 2 k woooow and a gd call i must say 
  • edited November 2012
    best thing Ive learnt since I started playing last year is a combination of assigning ranges to my opponents and understanding why Im betting or why my opponent is and using the range information to decide what to do. That and the obvious position. Ive actually stopped playing online for the time being whilst I hone this because I dont get enough time on sky to process all the information. Always been aware of position but in the last couple of months, its light someones flicked a light switch in my head and so far ive seen positive gains (profit!) from adapting. oh and bankroll management.

so to summarise lol:

a combination of:

Bankroll management, hand ranges, know why youre betting and sizing accordingly, position, processing information...nice when it all comes together! :) 

if i had to pick single most one, im gonna say stack size awareness though :) of mine and opponents
  • ckdckd
    edited November 2012

i have learnt that tikay knows more about trains than anybody else 
  • edited November 2012

Is the what we've learnt from the poker analyst competition strictly about poker? i was recently watching a show and tikay was saying how if you had children you had to feed them and put them to bed. have to say since hearing this both my 2 year old and 3 month old seem to be alot happier! thanks tikay! legend!

• edited November 2012
    584323613 hand id
    from the roller
    think over time i am losing value. i am playing this hand.from the roller.  would like to see what you guys think.
    some background this player had been limping a fair bit and i have been raising him alot when he has limped.
    on turn my thinking was i what to make him think i was bluffing on flop and for him to value bet weeker on river or bluff the river. 
    thanks rob :)
  • edited November 2012
    Hi guys,

Best thing ive learnt from the analyists..dealing with bad beats. before, i used to break sky remotes smashing them into the wall nowdays i just punch the bed. A lot less cost effective and arguably more fun. How do you both deal with beats, especially those real sick ones when youve ppayed a hand well. Sorry for poor grammar, posting off phone.
  • ckdckd
    edited November 2012
    i would like to see more live shows like they had before that show you the play through the main events as they were very good and you could learn alot 

i would also like to see a live q&a show where you have a hand full of analists and have a live phone in where people call call to get live advice 

also would like to see at the end of the year a top of the pot  for the whole year to see who won the biggest pot 
  • edited November 2012
    Reds,

The comment was about the phrase kicking the cat!

good show guys

Matt
  • edited November 2012

hi james, reds

only one in with a main mini chance

safc20

main 8/18
    mini 11/18

• edited November 2012
    Different hosts area's of expertise.

Anna - Photography, falling out with neighbours & losing shoes

James - American football & films

Richard - Driving to Cardiff & back in record time, Leeds side events

Sarah - Music

Redmond - Poker (a bit left field)

Ryan - Nandos

Stuart - use of the phrase "and I like it"

Jen - travelling the world & getting paid for it

Carlo - tanning & hosing down

Tikay - bridges, motorways, trains, feeding babies & talking about omaha every other hand

Seriously, all the analysts bring something different & I have learnt from all of them.
  • edited November 2012
    The post from sunday was

Most fun iv had all week was getting it all in on the bubble with a decent stack in ukops side with kk v qq glitterbabe and ak offshoot. Door card was a ACE fell off me chair laughing and smile hasnt left my face all week gg wp all wheres the cat lol. Cheers guys have a good show
  • edited November 2012
    Different hosts area's of expertise. Anna - Photography, falling out with neighbours & losing shoes James - American football & films Richard - Driving to Cardiff & back in record time, Leeds side events Sarah - Music Redmond - Poker (a bit left field) Ryan - Nandos Stuart - use of the phrase "and I like it" Jen - travelling the world & getting paid for it Carlo - tanning & hosing down Tikay - bridges, motorways, trains, feeding babies & talking about omaha every other hand Seriously, all the analysts bring something different & I have learnt from all of them.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger

I like it! ;-))

• edited November 2012
    Hi guys,

Not really on topic but...

I won a free seat into tonight's main event after posting a couple of anagrams on Tuesday. Anna suggested that you might be interested if I had any others. I came up with...

James Hartigan... Jam against her

Redmond Lee... Odd men leer / Elder demon

Tony Kendall... Knelt on lady

Carlo Citrone... Correctional

Sarah Champion... Macho piranhas

Richard Orford... Horrid Ford car (other makes of horrid car are available)

I'm usually a lower stakes, non-MTT player, so a bit out of my depth tonight. I never really got going and busted out in 226th with no bounties - but I felt I played OK and had fun freerolling.

Cheers,

Pysterman.
  • edited November 2012
    Things NOT covered.............What to kick/ throw when your rivered?
  • edited November 2012

I feel I have learnt a lot from the presenters as well as the analysts. For example the Orford straight does not tend to have any show down value.

The Orford straight does remind me of a NLHE home game where a player anounced a pair and a run (a 4 card straight!)

• edited November 2012
    Thankyou!! :D

Do i need to do anything or will i be auto registered?

now i'll just have to remember to feed and put kids to bed before it starts so i dont get distracted! hope tikays on to remind me :D
  • edited November 2012
    Wiiiiii, thanks very much for the free entry guys :-)