You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Changes........

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat

Hi,

As most of you know, there was a scheduled "Maintenance" Outage last night.

This was to make a few changes, some of major importance, others perhaps less so, & all of them are now safely installed.

However, not all of them have been released to players to use yet, as they have been set to "hidden" or "dormant", for various reasons which should become obvious shortly.

The changes include...... 

Comments

• ckdckd
    edited November 2012

i like the new changes 

the best one is where they have everyones cards turned the other way round so i can see them ....has anyone else got this ?

lol
  • edited November 2012

Lobby Highlights.

The Lobbies (Cash, Tournament, SNG) will now show in "bold" if you have....

Registered for a Tourney or SNG

On a cash table waiting list

You may already be on several Tables, or maybe are just getting ready for a session. Irrespective, anything you have Registered for, or are waiting to be seated, will now show up in the Lobby in bold.

This change has been fully released to players, & is now in use. 

• edited November 2012

Folding from the small blind when the Big Blind is all-in?

A glitch which allowed the above to happpen in certain, & extremly rare circumstances, has now been fixed.

This is with immediate effect.
  • edited November 2012

Loading the Download

There have been some reports of the Download Client "sticking" when it loads.

It was not possible to accurately recreate this scenario in testng, but a fix has been deployed overnight.

We are interested to see if those affected have seen an improvement.

This has been implemented with immediate effect.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Changes........:
    Loading the Download There have been some reports of the Download Client "sticking" when it loads. It was not possible to accurately recreate this scenario in testng, but a fix has been deployed overnight. We are interested to see if those affected have seen an improvement. This has been implemented with immediate effect.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I used to have this problem but since this morning its been logging on close to instantly been brilliant
  • edited November 2012

Capped Betting Cash Tables

On these Tables, total betting per hand, per player, is "capped". Once the cap is reached, it is the equivelant of a player being all-in.

These have NOT been released to players yet, & cannot be seen.

They will start being released during the next few weeks, & details of cap amounts & limits will be made known as & when they are released.

• edited November 2012
    Lobby Highlights. The Lobbies (Cash, Tournament, SNG) will now show in "bold" if you have.... Registered for a Tourney or SNG On a cash table waiting list You may already be on several Tables, or maybe are just getting ready for a session. Irrespective, anything you have Registered for, or are waiting to be seated, will now show up in the Lobby in bold . This change has been fully released to players, & is now in use.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    This is great, but .....   for some reason, when regging for a DYM, it will say i've registered, i'm able to de-register if i wish,  if i click on the lobby it says i am registered, but in the main lobby it says 0/6 players !!!  So annoying, because no1 will reg, whereas they might if they see a player.  Happens all the time.
  • edited November 2012

Weighted Contribution

This functionality went live today, but has NOT been enabled just yet - the "go-live date" will be communicated shortly.

Note that this functionality, by it's very nature, HAS to be released on the 1st day of a calendar month, & changes need to be made to numerous Landing Pages to communicate the details of this to players. 

• edited November 2012

Cash Table Messaging

We’ve enabled an automated chat messaging system which will identify when particular cash games have seats available and send messages to customers on similar tables to allow them to easily join a new game without checking the lobby. This will start to be used over the next 7 days and will be tuned to ensure the correct balance and prevent over-messaging.
  • edited November 2012
    Weighted Contribution This functionality went live today, but has NOT been enabled just yet - the "go-live date" will be communicated shortly. Note that this functionality, by it's very nature, HAS to be released on the 1st day of a calendar month, & changes need to be made to numerous Landing Pages to communicate the details of this to players. 
    Posted by Tikay10

Not a bad change I suppose.
  • edited November 2012

Smaller Stakes Tourneys

These do not need an Outage to add or remove, but whilst I'm mentioning changes, I may as well add these to the list.

8.50pm - £250 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter.

Buy-in £2.30

Normal BH Structure - 2,000 chips, 10 minute blinds, Late Reg for 30 minutes.

______

9.45pm - £500 Guaranteed Speed Rebuy

Buy-In £2.20

2,000 chips, 5 minute blinds

Unlimited rebuys for 2,000 chips whan at or below starting stack for the first 7 levels.

Optional Add-On (4,000 chips) during the 3 minute Add-On Break.

Late Reg for 25 minutes.

_______

These two Tourneys should finish just either side of midnight.

They will run 7 nights a week until further notice.

• edited November 2012
    Weighted Contribution This functionality went live today, but has NOT been enabled just yet - the "go-live date" will be communicated shortly. Note that this functionality, by it's very nature, HAS to be released on the 1st day of a calendar month, & changes need to be made to numerous Landing Pages to communicate the details of this to players. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    As you all by now know im fairly new and dont know alot, is this to do with cash tables and only getting c4p when contributing to pots?
  • edited November 2012
    All look like positive changes, excellent stuff.

Will all cash C4P be changed to weighted contribution as of next month then or will it be certain tables?
  • edited November 2012
    Folding from the small blind when the Big Blind is all-in? A glitch which allowed the above to happpen in certain, & extremly rare circumstances, has now been fixed.   This is with immediate effect.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I guess this is if the BB is allin and covered by the SB?
  • edited November 2012
    weighted contribution is the biggie. many will be happy to see it introduced, some will not.

it might put an end to a lot of the debate about who gets a better deal for their c4p
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by Tikay10

Will this disadvantage the "slimmer" members of skypoker?

• edited November 2012
    Cash Table Messaging We’ve enabled an automated chat messaging system which will identify when particular cash games have seats available and send messages to customers on similar tables to allow them to easily join a new game without checking the lobby.   This will start to be used over the next 7 days and will be tuned to ensure the correct balance and prevent over-messaging.
    Posted by Tikay10

will this be optional?

setting in the menu or what?
  • edited November 2012
    yay
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    LOL_RAISE is pleased that the small blind can no longer fold when the big blind is all-in.

I think we can all agree that this is the most substantive change announced on this thread. :)
  • edited November 2012
    one thing that is annoying that hasnt been fixed is when a player is all in and you pre select 'fold' or whatever it still prompts you to choose to call or fold when the action is on you. This only happens when a players is all in. 
  • edited November 2012
    Talk about burying the big news, Tikay!?

1. Lobby highlights.
    2. Folding from the SB when the BB is all-in.
    3. Loading the Download.
    4. Capped betting cash tables.
    5. WEIGHTED CONTRIBUTION.
    6. Cash table messaging.
    7. Small stakes tourneys.

Interesting to see what effects that has on the cash tables...
  • edited November 2012
    one thing that is annoying that hasnt been fixed is when a player is all in and you pre select 'fold' or whatever it still prompts you to choose to call or fold when the action is on you. This only happens when a players is all in. 
    Posted by BrownnDog
    +1
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by BrownnDog

the pre select buttons very infrequently work, they never really did. 

similar to if you get timed out posting your SB at a cash table (this is often just sks fault as you have auto post ticked) you then have to wait. So you cant play the button, then when you're in the CO 

"Do you want to wait or post"  WAIT/POST

you tick wait.

You're in MP next hand, 

"Do you want to wait or post? WAIT/POST

You tick wait and next hand you tick wait and next hand you tick wait and next hand you're blind is posted.

• edited November 2012

Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking Tikay and I welcome the changes - But for such a large brand, I find it disgusting that such basic updates are taking so long to be produced. The player pool on Sky has grown rapidly over the recent years and as a result, I firmly believe that they can no longer hide behind the; 'We're only a relatively new site with a small player pool' excuse. 

Any manager with their brain half screwed on could recognise the earning potenital of Sky, and as a result, invest in the Skypoker brand & work on growing it's (few and far between) features. Even sites half as well known have all the features (and more) currently 'boasted' by Sky. It's simple logic. Just look at how the 'late reg' features has influenced the tournament scene on Sky. There is no excuse for this ridiculously basic feature not to have been released years ago. 

The online Poker industry is becoming more competitive by the day. With the return of FTP, Sky has no choice but to step up it's game. As of now, the site is stuck in the stone ages of Online Poker.

Just my view.

Patwalshh

• edited November 2012
    Great post Patrick.

Sums up all I wanted to say.

+1 to Sky for hearing its customers and trying to improve as a site and a company.

-1 to Sky for not introducing resizeable tables. Still waiting for those. It's taking ages.
  • edited November 2012
    To be honest, I don't get why people are SO obssessed with re-sizeable tables, just get used to mini-view and it's just as good as any other site in terms of table size. Also I think the fact it's not arrived yet is because it probably isn't viable on the current software so would need to come in with the breand new software that's being built from scratch (without using Java).

Contribution based C4P is deffo the best update in this thread tho imo
  • edited November 2012
    To be honest, I don't get why people are SO obssessed with re-sizeable tables, just get used to mini-view and it's just as good as any other site in terms of table size. Also I think the fact it's not arrived yet is because it probably isn't viable on the current software so would need to come in with the breand new software that's being built from scratch (without using Java). Contribution based C4P is deffo the best update in this thread tho imo
    Posted by Lambert180
    Don't forget poker is a social game and some people like to chat, which you can't do while on mini view.

Ps I can't stand mini view.
  • edited November 2012
    resizable tables own mini view in so many ways. even just looking at mini view tables makes me sick. lol.

Nice updates Sky!!
  • edited November 2012
    I use resizeable tables errry day.

I use either 1 really big table, or lots of small tables.

We have this functionality just not the ability to make it some middling size, deal with it brahs.
  • edited November 2012
    I have to agree with you Paul saying that the weigh contributed rake system is by far one of the best updates Sky has had for a long time.

It will definitely change the way players play on cash tables.