You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Changes........

2»

Comments

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Changes........:
    I have to agree with you Paul saying that the weigh contributed rake system is by far one of the best updates Sky has had for a long time. It will definitely change the way players play on cash tables.
    Posted by GreekWay
    wont change me i,ll still play like a donkey donk
  • edited November 2012
    All look like positive changes, excellent stuff. Will all cash C4P be changed to weighted contribution as of next month then or will it be certain tables?
    Posted by Slykllist
    Morning Simon.

It will be introduced right across the site, everything, lock stock & barrel, simultaneously.

"as of next month".......

I think that's called "putting words in my mouth". Good try Sir! :)

See you in Luton on December 8th. I expect another Final Table from you. If you are at DTD this weekend, I MAY see you there, if so, we can have a coffee maybe.   
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Changes........ : As you all by now know im fairly new and dont know alot, is this to do with cash tables and only getting c4p when contributing to pots?
    Posted by RLT16
    Hi Bus Bloke,

It effectively applies to ALL Tables & formats, because C4P is applicable to everything, but broadly speaking, yes, you are right.
  • edited November 2012
    1 download client working 1st time at last (long may it continue)
    2 lobby highlights very nice 

thks
  • edited November 2012
    Talk about burying the big news, Tikay!? 1. Lobby highlights. 2. Folding from the SB when the BB is all-in. 3. Loading the Download. 4. Capped betting cash tables. 5. WEIGHTED CONTRIBUTION. 6. Cash table messaging. 7. Small stakes tourneys. Interesting to see what effects that has on the cash tables...
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Ha!

Viewed like that, yes, I guess it looked a bit odd.

The reality is that Adam asked if I would make the changes known to the Community, & I said I would, but I asked him to send me a summary of them all, & which of them were to be announced &/or implememented immediately. (The total "release" was far bigger, but only some of it has been announced thus far).

So he sent me an e-Mail with the whole lot on, & I had to select only those which it was decided to make known at this stage. Apart from some translation from techno gobbledeygeek to poker player-speak, I just C & P those which were applicable, & in the order they appeared on the list he sent me.

I was in a hurry, too, as I was up in Leeds, which is a 5 hour drive for me, & I wanted to get home to watch England thrash Sweden. 

• edited November 2012
    How does this rake thing work then? :P
  • edited November 2012
    Basically you get points depending on how much rake you contributed to the pot rather than just getting points by folding and not playing - you don't play, you don't get points. Much better than the old system and should change some play
  • edited November 2012
    I wonder if this new rakeback thing will mean we all get less at the end of the month???

It should make December a more interesting month though.......................
  • edited November 2012
    I wonder if this new rakeback thing will mean we all get less at the end of the month??? It should make December a more interesting month though.......................
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Hi - we are not doing this to pay more or less to people, just to make it fairer.

Some will get less, others will get more.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited November 2012
    Some good changes but what has happened to the 10.30 am £5.75 BH which has disappeared. This was a well-supported tourny which always made guarantee. I liked it!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Changes........ : Hi - we are not doing this to pay more or less to people, just to make it fairer. Some will get less, others will get more. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Ok, will it work like the old league points where you get a point or two for winning a hand???
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Changes........ : Ok, will it work like the old league points where you get a point or two for winning a hand???
    Posted by donkeyplop
    It won't be about 'winning' the hand.  The old (present) system was everyone dealt a hand at the table for a 'raked' hand got value towards points regardless if they put any money into the pot themselves (in other words regardless if they folded pre, say, UTG and put no money into the pot).  The new system will be focussed on those who put the money into the pot which the rake came out of, regardless of the winner in the hand.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Changes........ : Ok, will it work like the old league points where you get a point or two for winning a hand???
    Posted by donkeyplop
    No, not really. I will be related to the amount of rake / fees you personally contribute.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Changes........ : It won't be about 'winning' the hand.  The old (present) system was everyone dealt a hand at the table for a 'raked' hand got value towards points regardless if they put any money into the pot themselves (in other words regardless if they folded pre, say, UTG and put no money into the pot).  The new system will be focussed on those who put the money into the pot which the rake came out of, regardless of the winner in the hand.
    Posted by TommyD
    Nice answer, ever thought of being a teacher?
  • edited November 2012
    Oh right i see cheers.
  • edited November 2012
    some v.welcome changes sky, ty

still hoping to see....

*resizeable tables
    *raise button changed to 'Raise To' rather than 'Raise on Top'
    *Bigger 'Player Notes' Box
    *Sit-out next big blind button
    *get rid of all heads up tables

also this
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Changes........ : Hi Bus Bloke, It effectively applies to ALL Tables & formats, because C4P is applicable to everything, but broadly speaking, yes, you are right.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hmm Bus bloke? thats not a great nickname, how about "the conductor"
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Changes........ : will this be optional? setting in the menu or what?
    Posted by beaneh
    Hi Andrew,

I'll reply to that properly after tonight's Show, or in the morning, I'm a little rushed right now, & I want to explain it properly.

• edited November 2012
    Hi tikay, just wondering why have the Regular speed Heads up Sit n goes changed? What was the reason behind the new blind structure?
  • edited November 2012
    Hi tikay, just wondering why have the Regular speed Heads up Sit n goes changed? What was the reason behind the new blind structure?
    Posted by gaza559
    I was just going to ask this..
    6 max have changed too.
    Gone from 10 mins to 7 ,why??

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Changes........ : will this be optional? setting in the menu or what?
    Posted by beaneh
    This question related to "Cash Table Messages".

The Cash Table Automated Message system is infinitely bespoke, & can & will be very specifically targeted, as to what Tables, & what time of day, the Messages are sent.

The Message will ONLY be seen in in the Chatbox, it is NOT a "screen pop-up".

It will NOT be visible on Mini-View Tables.

It will include a clickable link to the specific tables where seats are available, one click gets you seated.

It is likely that it will be targeted at specific cash levels on specific days or weeks - say, 50p/£1, between (say) 7pm & 11pm. Only.

It is probable that it will ONLY indicate Tables where there are only 2 players seated, or 2 or 3 seats empty

The message will be sent to active tables at that limit ONLY.

If you are already seated on the Table where the vacant seats are, you will not receive the message.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Changes........ : This question related to " Cash Table Messages ". The Cash Table Automated Message system is infinitely bespoke, & can & will be very specifically targeted, as to what Tables, & what time of day, the Messages are sent. The Message will ONLY be seen in in the Chatbox, it is NOT a "screen pop-up". It will NOT be visible on Mini-View Tables. It will include a clickable link to the specific tables where seats are available, one click gets you seated. It is likely that it will be targeted at specific cash levels on specific days or weeks - say, 50p/£1, between (say) 7pm & 11pm. Only. It is probable that it will ONLY indicate Tables where there are only 2 players seated, or 2 or 3 seats empty The message will be sent to active tables at that limit ONLY. If you are already seated on the Table where the vacant seats are, you will not receive the message.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thumbup ta.