You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thurs night Live with Fowler and Tikay. 7pm CH861 10pm SkySports4 ***official show thread***

2»

Comments

• edited November 2012
    hi all, 

just heard the name luke schwartz mentioned, i think this guys a legend  but can understand why tikay wouldnt want him back on the show, last time luke was on the show he didnt seem to understand that everyone cant play the game to his level!!!
  • edited November 2012
    Lets face it..

The tie is aubergine!!

xx
  • edited November 2012
    Anna, stunning as always, Tikay, don't listen to the fashionistas, you look very dapper. Great show as always.. 
  • edited November 2012

I've been told I should wear a paper bag on my head before...

Obviously she thought I was giving off tells, too.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thurs night Live with Fowler and Tikay. 7pm CH861 10pm SkySports4 ***official show thread***:
    Hi Anna and Tikay Just heard the place where I'm from mentioned - ALNWICK Just to let Tikay know, its pronounced Annik Enjoying the show as ever Jonny
    Posted by jonnyrkd
    Morning Jonny, & welcome to the Sky Poker Community.

"Annik" - excellent, thank you, I never knew that.

You are a very lucky man if you hail from Alnwick, it looks a stunningly beautiful place.

I love that section of the West Coast main Line, perhaps amongst my three favourite sections of the UK railway system, & from time to time, I jump a train from London to Edinburgh, stay overnight, & return, just for the sheer pleasaure of those wonderful views of the coastline, Berwick Upon Tweed, Durham Castle, etc.

These days it is the home of the world-famous "Barter Books".

Splendid stuff, there are so many lovely spots in the UK, we are blessed to live here. I took such things for granted for most of my life, but I'm on catch up now.  

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Thurs night Live with Fowler and Tikay. 7pm CH861 10pm SkySports4 ***official show thread***:
    good evening both looking forward to a great night of poker and comedy entertainment. tikay, it is pronounced as pennycook. no trick to it like the edinburgh street which is pronounced wrongly by all the tourists and is pronounced as coeburn but spelt cockburn! onwards and upwards :-)))
    Posted by Gollygosh
    Ahh, thank you Miss Gosh. I learn something new every day.

We DO have to be so careful with names, as some players like to have iffy aliases, which are not acceptable or desirable for the TV Show, & we had already had one dodgy one, so I was just being a little over careful.

Love these peculiar place names. There is a little tinsy-winsy town in West Yorkshire, up on the moors near Huddersfield, called Linthwaite. I was doing some work there once to help construct an underground Service Reservoir for YWB, & I got lost. There was no Sat-Nav in those days....

I knew I was within a mile or two of the village, but I could not find it, despite driving for ages, so I stopped to ask a local, looked like a farmer to me. 

"Excuse me, How do I find Linthwaite please?"

"Tha wha?"

"Pardon?"

"Tha wha lad?"

"
    Linthwaite. Where is it?"

"Ahh 'ol lad, tha mean LinWa". 

And he was right - obv - Linthwaite is pronounced "Linwa", & it's neighbouring village, Slaithwaite
    , as "Slawa".
  • edited November 2012
    hi all,  just heard the name luke schwartz mentioned, i think this guys a legend  but can understand why tikay wouldnt want him back on the show, last time luke was on the show he didnt seem to understand that everyone cant play the game to his level!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Hi Rocky.

Well yes, he talks at "Level 5", & the vast majority of our target viewing audience do not really want that, they want & need more basic stuff, but even so, many viewers liked his analysis very much, & there is no doubt he underastands the game to an extraordinarily high level. But it's no good saying "you must do this in that spot", you have to explain why.

I must correct you, however, on "tikay does not want him back on the Show", I never said that! I said, words to the effect, that it was unlikely he would be on the 861 Show again. 

• edited November 2012

Finally.....

A big "thank you" from the Production Team, Anna & myself for all the e-Mails & Tweets we got last night, there were, literally, many hundreds of them, probably the biggest volume we have ever had for a single Show. One or two of them did not even complain about my tie.

Anna, of course, is exceptionally popular, & deservedly so. I do give here a bit of stick, but it's just because we are very good friends, & I love her.*

*In the same way I love Orford.