You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Training Sites

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat

Whats the best site to join, never joined one only watched some sample videos on them but i want to join now, what do you lot use?

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Hi Robbie,

I've seen you post on here alot recently and just thought I'd speak up and throw in my tuppence... please don't take offence. I'm not the best player in around, not even close, but I do ok and I know the basics. And we all do it sometimes but I've seen some hands posted from you in the clinic that have been pretty bad tbh for someone playing at 50NL.

1) I think you should move down stakes. Maybe you think micro stakes is too small for you to feel like it's worth anything, but at least step down as low as 10NL or 20NL.

2) Learn how to multi-table, doesn't have to be 6+ tables straight away, but even just stepping to 2-3 tables for now and going from there. It'll mean you play loads more hands,,get loads more experience etc.

3) There are obv other leaks in people's games but a start is to at the end of every session go to your hand history, sort by hands with the biggest win, and hands with the biggest loss, and see what you think, do you think you could have lost less or won more by doing things differently. Then post these hands in the clinic and see what others think.

4) Get comfortable with playing a good tight aggressive ABC form of the game. Learn to walk before you run.
  • edited November 2012
    wow

Paul´s become the beaneh of the lower stakes

(that´s a compliment by the way)

that´s what i love about sky - peeps willing to give you their true evaluation of the situation - without feeling they have to sugar coat it

pls Robbie don´t take offence at what Paul said - he has your best interest to heart
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker Training Sites:
    Hi Robbie, I've seen you post on here alot recently and just thought I'd speak up and throw in my tuppence... please don't take offence. I'm not the best player in around, not even close, but I do ok and I know the basics. And we all do it sometimes but I've seen some hands posted from you in the clinic that have been pretty bad tbh for someone playing at 50NL. 1) I think you should move down stakes. Maybe you think micro stakes is too small for you to feel like it's worth anything, but at least step down as low as 10NL or 20NL. 2) Learn how to multi-table, doesn't have to be 6+ tables straight away, but even just stepping to 2-3 tables for now and going from there. It'll mean you play loads more hands,,get loads more experience etc. 3) There are obv other leaks in people's games but a start is to at the end of every session go to your hand history, sort by hands with the biggest win, and hands with the biggest loss, and see what you think, do you think you could have lost less or won more by doing things differently. Then post these hands in the clinic and see what others think. 4) Get comfortable with playing a good tight aggressive ABC form of the game. Learn to walk before you run.
    Posted by Lambert180
    +1  & nomination for top of the posts!
  • edited November 2012
    Tbh iv never listened to what lambert has ever said, his such a know it all yet he plays at like 4 nl, if u no that much take a gamble in yourself and live abit.  Also i find it so sad that he stays online all day roaming around the forum to try and get "post of the month" my advice to you lambert is stop posting a thousand things a day on everyones posts like your the king of the forum, and go out at weekends and enjoy yourself, stop staying at home like a nerd trolling the forum....loser.

As for me playing at 50 nl, iv worked my way from the lower limits to this limit, im in profit on every site which im happy about.  I realise im playing awful lately and iv started to lose these last two weeks hence why i been postinng to much on the forum so instead of giving me stick for playing bad, how about u help me out that iv taken some action by looking for advice and admit im doing bad instead of moaning about bad beat.

People like lambert is why alot of people have said dont listen to people on this forum
  • edited November 2012
    I am guessing he has taken offence :-)
  • edited November 2012
    Lol and there me thinking Paul had put some decent advice up...:P
  • edited November 2012
    As recommended to me last month... Deucescracked.

I had my worst month for a while last month... still made profit but that was due to an amazing run good in the first week. The last couple of weeks saw me drop a lot of buy-ins. Too many.

I lost a lot of confidence because of that and started playing bad and also scared (I always have 100 buy-ins for a limit as well) so no need to be in that way. It was weird.

Since then, I joined Deucescracked thanks to some good advice and haven't looked back since. It hasn't so much revamped my game but given me confidence back in a strange way and made some really difficult spots that occur all the time really simple. Saying all that I can see my game has evolved a bit as well and will surely do so more.

My results this month have subsequently been really good so far. Let me know if you want any more info.

• edited November 2012
    stick to the question asked here about a good training site. no need for to be giving him advice on his game or his limits!!!
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Robbie

try googline the poker bank, www.thepokerbank.com

a very good site which i used when i first started

GL and ignore Lambo
  • edited November 2012
    stick to the question asked here about a good training site. no need for to be giving him advice on his game or his limits!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Thankyou, i always thought the guy was an idiot, think his phil ivey his never got anything wrong.  Idont no why people feel the need to give smart**** answers, its not helpful and it makes them looks ignorant.....thankyou to the people that gave helpful replys
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker Training Sites : Thankyou, i always thought the guy was an idiot, think his phil ivey his never got anything wrong.  Idont no why people feel the need to give smart**** answers, its not helpful and it makes them looks ignorant.....thankyou to the people that gave helpful replys
    Posted by robbie1992
    yeah i get u m8, theres a certain few on this forum that are all the same, try to preach how to play poker to people and think they no the way to play every hand. i just laugh to myself, were are there mtt results??? why they playing micro stakes cash, surely with there knowledge ud expect more success!!!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker Training Sites : Thankyou, i always thought the guy was an idiot, think his phil ivey his never got anything wrong.  Idont no why people feel the need to give smart**** answers, its not helpful and it makes them looks ignorant.....thankyou to the people that gave helpful replys
    Posted by robbie1992
    Think you're out of order here Robbie. 

If you think his advice is bad, ignore it or disagree with it. No need to be rude.....

Doubt anyone else will put as much effort into a reply as he has.

Whatever anyway, deucescracked is the answer. gl. 
  • edited November 2012

i think there's a good site called www.humility.com

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker Training Sites : Think you're out of order here Robbie.  If you think his advice is bad, ignore it or disagree with it. No need to be rude..... Doubt anyone else will put as much effort into a reply as he has. Whatever anyway, deucescracked is the answer. gl. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Im sorry dohhh but i dont regret saying it its true what rock has said, people are far too smart for there own good on here, they act like there leaders of the forum is sad, it doesnt help anyone.

Tbh i dont even think i was rude i said what i thought and i didnt even swear, i talk to alot of people on here and so many people put alo of effort and give good advice.  This guy has gone out of his way to give an opinion which doesnt help anything.  Im sorry but it hd to be said
  • edited November 2012
    someone takes there time to give you advice
    you should at least say thank you
    otherwise you are more of an .... hole than you think he is.
  • edited November 2012
    someone takes there time to give you advice you should at least say thank you otherwise you are more of an .... hole than you think he is.
    Posted by GELDY
    If you look in my first post i said thankyou to all the good answers, also some peple have pm me with advice and thanked me for finally saying about some people on this forum....its not good it doesnt help peoples games.

But thankyou for taking the time out of your day to tell me to thank people on my own post............
  • edited November 2012
    Many a poker player has gone broke from being too proud to move down. Ego is a huge issue in poker. People like to say 'oh im an xnl player' and don't like go lower then that. Its rather silly.

I'm told BlueFirePoker is extremely good but expensive, so I guess deucescracked is prob the best value for money.

• edited November 2012
    Hi Robbie, I've seen you post on here alot recently and just thought I'd speak up and throw in my tuppence... please don't take offence. I'm not the best player in around, not even close, but I do ok and I know the basics. And we all do it sometimes but I've seen some hands posted from you in the clinic that have been pretty bad tbh for someone playing at 50NL. 1) I think you should move down stakes. Maybe you think micro stakes is too small for you to feel like it's worth anything, but at least step down as low as 10NL or 20NL. 2) Learn how to multi-table, doesn't have to be 6+ tables straight away, but even just stepping to 2-3 tables for now and going from there. It'll mean you play loads more hands,,get loads more experience etc. 3) There are obv other leaks in people's games but a start is to at the end of every session go to your hand history, sort by hands with the biggest win, and hands with the biggest loss, and see what you think, do you think you could have lost less or won more by doing things differently. Then post these hands in the clinic and see what others think. 4) Get comfortable with playing a good tight aggressive ABC form of the game. Learn to walk before you run.
    Posted by Lambert180
    +1
  • edited November 2012
    this is my last post on this thread cos its going no where, i cant understand why everones piping up saying hes been rude.he has every right to defend himself. the origanal post said does anyone no any good training sites??? were does he ask for advice on limits and how he plays the game? 
  • edited November 2012
    Many a poker player has gone broke from being too proud to move down. Ego is a huge issue in poker. People like to say 'oh im an xnl player' and don't like go lower then that. Its rather silly. I'm told BlueFirePoker is extremely good but expensive, so I guess deucescracked is prob the best value for money.
    Posted by NColley
    I dont have a problem with that, im trying to address my problem and trying to sort it.  Theres a way and a time to say thngs, people on these forums act like theyve never lost a hand and there just rude the way there talk to other players, thats my problem......i thought it was just be but iv had lyk 8 pm's from people saying some players commenting on here are idiots so it doesnt matter i doubt ill post no more, most stuff they say istn helpful its just rude and ruins confidence and self belief
  • edited November 2012
    i dnt play her no more but read forums still. had to come on just to reply to this 'robbie' character

even i know your play is absolutely laughably appalling and yet people are trying to give you advice and you dismiss it.

to everyone else: i dont no why you bother giving advice when you could just sit on his table and take his money
  • edited November 2012
    sorry Robbie, you deserve a better answer than something i typed out on my mobile

you asked a question on the forum

someone gave you their thoughts

regardless on whether you agree or not with what they said they took their time to say it, and that has to be good

so please give some respect to people trying to help you

• edited November 2012
    tbh im gonna be harsh i think u playing 1 table is very bad sounds to me u get bored n ya play hands just for the sake of it n moan when ya lose if u open up more tables u are always busy clicking away u get better hands more often as u are multitabling just think u need to know the basic fundamentals of the game ive played u a fair bit im no expert far from it but noticed a few leaks in your game 
  • edited November 2012
    i dnt play her no more but read forums still. had to come on just to reply to this 'robbie' character even i know your play is absolutely laughably appalling and yet people are trying to give you advice and you dismiss it. to everyone else: i dont no why you bother giving advice when you could just sit on his table and take his money
    Posted by bassripper

+1
  • edited November 2012
    I know everything about poker! Listen to me!!

Seriously, though. I don't know about any coaching sites, Robbie. If you try one, post on the forum and let us know how it goes and how you think it helps you improve.

I agree that you didn't ask people to talk about your ability and what level you should be playing, so it's completely understandable that you thought Lambert was giving you a bit of stick. Lambert should really have stuck to the question.

However, Lambert is not a loser or an idiot and always gives honest advice in the clinic and GPC. I don't necessarily agree with every point he makes and he certainly fights his corner vigorously, but he's always good natured and his efforts are well intentioned. Sometimes there are posters who deliberately try winding others up but Lambert's not one of them. I think he simply took a wider view of what you were asking for in this thread, and perhaps that was an error on his part.

I don't think it's necessary for any of us to start insulting each other, though. Forums like this are best used for reasoned debate, so if you don't like something that's said you should address that point, not the person making that point.

Yours,

BorinLoner

Greatest Player In The World
    King Of the Forum
    Man With All the Answers

:)
  • edited November 2012
    I wish I saw this earlier. lol.

you're obv not being realistic about your game, and that isn't going to get you anywhere. I like deucescracked, but generally listening to peoples advice on forums is a good idea too. Or are you gonna call the pro's on the coaching sites idiots too?
  • edited November 2012
    I know everything about poker! Listen to me!! Seriously, though. I don't know about any coaching sites, Robbie. If you try one, post on the forum and let us know how it goes and how you think it helps you improve. I agree that you didn't ask people to talk about your ability and what level you should be playing, so it's completely understandable that you thought Lambert was giving you a bit of stick. Lambert should really have stuck to the question. However, Lambert is not a loser or an idiot and always gives honest advice in the clinic and GPC. I don't necessarily agree with every point he makes and he certainly fights his corner vigorously, but he's always good natured and his efforts are well intentioned. Sometimes there are posters who deliberately try winding others up but Lambert's not one of them. I think he simply took a wider view of what you were asking for in this thread, and perhaps that was an error on his part. I don't think it's necessary for any of us to start insulting each other, though. Forums like this are best used for reasoned debate, so if you don't like something that's said you should address that point, not the person making that point. Yours, BorinLoner Greatest Player In The World King Of the Forum Man With All the Answers :)
    Posted by BorinLoner
    lol

• edited November 2012
    I know everything about poker! Listen to me!! Seriously, though. I don't know about any coaching sites, Robbie. If you try one, post on the forum and let us know how it goes and how you think it helps you improve. I agree that you didn't ask people to talk about your ability and what level you should be playing, so it's completely understandable that you thought Lambert was giving you a bit of stick. Lambert should really have stuck to the question. However, Lambert is not a loser or an idiot and always gives honest advice in the clinic and GPC. I don't necessarily agree with every point he makes and he certainly fights his corner vigorously, but he's always good natured and his efforts are well intentioned. Sometimes there are posters who deliberately try winding others up but Lambert's not one of them. I think he simply took a wider view of what you were asking for in this thread, and perhaps that was an error on his part. I don't think it's necessary for any of us to start insulting each other, though. Forums like this are best used for reasoned debate, so if you don't like something that's said you should address that point, not the person making that point. Yours, BorinLoner Greatest Player In The World King Of the Forum Man With All the Answers :)
    Posted by BorinLoner
    post was spot on and I agreed with everything u said till this lol
  • edited November 2012
    LOL Just read this, brilliant
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker Training Sites : Im sorry dohhh but i dont regret saying it its true what rock has said, people are far too smart for there own good on here, they act like there leaders of the forum is sad, it doesnt help anyone. Tbh i dont even think i was rude i said what i thought and i didnt even swear, i talk to alot of people on here and so many people put alo of effort and give good advice.  This guy has gone out of his way to give an opinion which doesnt help anything.  Im sorry but it hd to be said
    Posted by robbie1992
    Do you think you have to swear to be rude?? What you have said is bang out of order. I know i'm no pro, i welcome advice from any fellow poker player. Not all of it will suit my game, some of it i won't agree with it. But i will accept it all and take on board what i think will be helpful. Slating people for trying to help is just plain ignorant.