You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Training Sites

2»

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Personally i have always been quite aggro with my bankroll and playing at 50nl is fine as long as you have funds to back it up with if you go busto but its hard for me to say wheather you can play these games or not if i dont know your bankroll.  When i started poker i started off playing 5 or 6 £5 home games with my mates.  Then startted playing $1 sit n gos on the site that has just came back.  This was over a period of 2 months then i was due to go to America for a year to work and started going to an underground 2/3 cash game in Orlando right at the start after only playing 2 months and 100 nl and 200nl when you were able to play online in America lol.  Thats why i would find it hard to move down stakes if i had to because i was used to playing higher stakes way above my roll when i 1st started.

With regards to online poker training sites personally i dont know what they are like as i have never subscribed to them apart from watching a few free videos here and there.  If you have a spare bit of money on the side i would reccomend hiring a poker coach to look at your hands as opposed to watching videos on a training site.  A poker coach will be able to see your style of game and how you can improve looking at specific hands you played.

Good luck Conor