You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Show on Ch 861- Tuesday Night 7pm with Rich and Stu ***official thread***

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

Long time no speak. Due to the quirks of the rota (and Tikay doctoring it so we avoid each other) I haven't done a show in a fortnight, but now head into a week of 3 shows!

It all begins this Tuesday night with another 5 hour live broadcast with a brand new combo which, after hundreds of shows, strangely has never happened before. Myself and Stu Rutter. How will this strike partnership work? Who will play off the other? Will I play a holding role, while Stu taps 'em in? Will I be able to let go of this tenuous football analogy? So many questions...

Anyhow, Stu and I will be here and here's what we'll have:

7pm  TONIGHT ON SKY POKER

10K Primo final table coverage. 

8pm Ask the Expert

Questions + hand requests from any TV tables. NB- we can mask the hole cards during this hour                                                                                                                     

9pm Sky Poker School

Tonight's topic- Pot odds

10pm  Sky Poker Highlights

Live  6K Open tournament coverage

11pm  Master Cash

Live action from the Master Cash tables

We have 4 Mini Bounty Hunter seats to give away for Thursday night. And we'll giving away at least a couple of them to the best caption to THIS photo...

And this Tuesday's side-topic is...

What's the best time of the day (or night) to play poker?

Let's get your answers in for this- serious + informative, or irreverent and entertaining and perhaps I can take an average of all the answers to work out the official best time.

Best answers will also get mini bounty hunter seats.

What's not to like? See you at 7!

Comments

• edited November 2012

"I haven't done  a show in a fortnight but now head into a week of 3 shows"

Please don't tell me you are doing Thursday's Show?
  • edited November 2012
    Great to see you back Rich! Best presenter shame your not going to be joined by Tikay though =(.
  • edited November 2012

Do you realise that is this week's official caption competition photo you have put up?

#shoddy.

Heard the bad news about you coming to Luton Rich. 58 entries went down to 4 on hearing this too.
  • edited November 2012
    If your going to use the same photo as the forum caption competition, i'll use the same quote lol.

"Mother placing her first coffee order of the morning."
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Show on Ch 861- Tuesday Night 7pm with Rich and Stu ***official thread***:
    " I haven't done  a show in a fortnight but now head into a week of 3 shows " Please don't tell me you are doing Thursday's Show?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Relax old man- i'm doing Tuesday, Sunday, Tuesday. Somehow managing to avoid the one show you're on. How does that happen..?

;-)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Show on Ch 861- Tuesday Night 7pm with Rich and Stu ***official thread***:
    Great to see you back Rich! Best presenter shame your not going to be joined by Tikay though =(.
    Posted by G_Emery

Ty m8, very kind!
  • edited November 2012
    Ah, yes- thanks to Maxally and Kiwi for pointing out that the photo I was given  to use as the caption comp is the same one being used for the forum caption comp. That was news to me.

Don't shoot the messenger! I just do what I'm told to do.

Tbh though, i don't see a major problem with it- I'll read out the ones on the other thread too, but please repost them on here anway. And they'll be prizes then for both threads, so everyone's a winner!
  • edited November 2012

In that case, here are my caption entries.

1) Orford finally shakes off his donkey nickname.

2) Hello, my name is Tikay and I was once a wineo too

3) Rhino tries to mate with a tikaysarus.

Hope you have a good show guys :)

Recently, I have been playing well late at night, the later the better. I enjoy playing the 12pm & 1am MTT's and have done well in these in the last few weeks. This could be down to...
    a) Nothing on telly to distract concentration.
    b) Not a lot happening on Facebook/twitter
    c) Finally unwound from day at work.

Unfortunatley, as I do work, I can only play these tournies mainly at the w/end.
  • edited November 2012
    Well your a hornee fella
  • edited November 2012
    Caption:  A quite remarkable creature which can be traced right back to prehistoric times and believed to have evolved into is current form around 5million years ago....... Pictured here with a rhinoceros!
  • edited November 2012
    The rhino is saying when Tikay started his duck driving a steam train anecdote I was just a cub!  Does anyone know if dignitas takes rhinos?

I find the best time to play is when I'm feeling good and confident and most importantly sober!  

If we have the presenting a team on tonight, which one of you is B A Baraccus?
  • edited November 2012
    The rhino is saying when Tikay started his duck driving a steam train anecdote I was just a cub!  Does anyone know if dignitas takes rhinos? I find the best time to play is when I'm feeling good and confident and most importantly sober!   If we have the presenting a team on tonight, which one of you is B A Baraccus?
    Posted by cenachav
    Couldn't possibly say, but you ain't gettin' me on that plane, fool!
  • edited November 2012
    Good captions and interesting replies to the question of what's the best time to play poker.

Do you feel more alert at 5am having got up early when everyone is tired and been up all night?
    Is the competition easier at say 3pm, then 11pm? or vice versa?

Perhaps there's two questions here. What's your personal peak hour to play poker in terms of your own alertness and ability?

And what's the best time to play on Sky Poker in terms of the traffic and level of challenge?

Keep 'em coming please!
  • edited November 2012
    Caption: "Oh eck, it looks like he's h0rny"
  • edited November 2012

Caption:  1. Tikay Says,
                        Please to meet you
                        Don't you know my nameeeeeee"

2. Ok who's moved the Scaffolding

3. He's a Big'un ain't he

I would have to say between Midnight & 4am  as u do get a few that have overdone there intake of Ale & may Mistake a 4 for an Ace  
  • edited November 2012
            I would have to say between Midnight & 4am  as u do get a few that have overdone there intake of Ale & may Mistake a 4 for an Ace  
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    I do that when I'm stone cold sober!  Thats my excuse for playing any two cards anyway ;)
  • edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    Caption:   A quite remarkable creature which can be traced right back to prehistoric times and believed to have evolved into is current form around 5million years ago....... Pictured here with a rhinoceros!
    Posted by Slykllist

This is my fav :)

I'd say the best play times to play cash are 8pm-1am, particularly at weekends. This is when there is a higher proportion of recreational players (who have hopefully had a few to many to drink!)

Have a great show guys,

Keith in Preston.

• edited November 2012
    Cheers Keith. Yes, it's a good one from Slykllist but I'm sure there are more out there.

Plus, I've got more than one prize to give away.

3 hours to the show- let's keep those captions and your thoughts on the best time to play poker coming in. Oh, and don't forget those hand ids too so we can show your play.
  • edited November 2012
    Any questions or thoughts on pot odds by the way?

We're doing a whole hour on that subject from 9pm tonight, so now would be a good time to ask any questions, no matter how dumb(!), so we can all get a handle on this thorny issue.

:-)
  • edited November 2012
    can u show this hand from the primo

where did i go wrong think i overplayed it just a tad lol married to a overpair on the flop 

think i played it really bad tbh any advice would be great

can u mask the whole cards aswell please 
  • edited November 2012

can us how this hand please aswell from action table 41  tv table 

vs  scotty 77   question  is it ok to call pre or reraise and is the call on the flop ok ? 

think i have to give scotty scredit on the turn when he barrels 
    i be intrested to see what he had mind

can u mask the hands again please :)
  • edited November 2012
    Caption comp.

If he only knew where this horns going .......

Always enjoy Stu and Richards analysis.  Beats cr@p about films .

Have a good show.

• edited November 2012
    One is an endangered species thats been roaming the earth for millions of years....

The other is just a bloke in fancy dress !

Posted on the 16th on Caption comp thread.
  • edited November 2012
    Thank you dear boy, but a man of concrete DOES NOT REQUIRE RHINO HORN!!
    Best time to play apart from any table i,m sat at would be 10 until 3am weekends especially if youre sober,( a feat ive not accomplished yet! )
  • edited November 2012
    best caption to THIS photo...

so this is what i look like when i look in the mirror 1 horneeee fella :)
  • edited November 2012
    hi rich big shout out to the guys playing in the priority main event tonight best of luck all 

1st time i have made priority and to have 2 great freerolls to win a great added bonus is just great :)
  • edited November 2012

Have a Good Show Guys, Here's something for you to debate

Hand ID  562540393  From Mastercash 3 Table

1.  Should i have re-raised Pre Flop

2.  should i have bet more Post Flop

3.  Could i have got away from this hand

4.  Or was i just unlucky
  • edited November 2012
    Caption Contest..................

Tikay Says....."Rich, I said we were hanging out at the Rhino" " Not going dressed as one:)"

Have a great show.
  • edited November 2012
    Hi guys,

Caption comp: This is awkward. When I was told I was going to meet Rhino, I thought it was going to be the guy from Gladiators! Gutted!

Looking forward to tonights show,
    Dean