You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Show on Ch 861- Tuesday Night 7pm with Rich and Stu ***official thread***

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Caption Competition

Is it a Government campaign to show that that alcahol and breakfast serials don't mix
    If I found those two at the bottom of my coco crispie box
    I'd give up mornings for good!
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Rich and Stu

You just showed my hand from the Primo where I had to fold AK preflop.

I have to say I folded as jaxonray had been running amazing and picking up monsters a lot!

I was definitely shoving until he limped, then alarm bells started to ring. When the other player shoved, I had to think that with jaxonray seeming to have a trapping hand, my Ak might not be good anymore, so in the end I let it go.

Not a fold I would usually make but it just seemed I was beat.

Jonny
  • edited November 2012
    Caption
    Is the question " what dangerous wild animal is old, ugly, wrinkled, overweight and Grey"?
    I dont know the answer! but isn't he stood next to the rhinocerous?
  • edited November 2012
    Surely the best time to play poker is whenever Richard Orford is playing on the site!  :)
  • edited November 2012
    Tikay Ponders

"Not sure if im going old and senile but Carlo's prop bet has done him a huge favour".

Rhino replies
    "Hose Me Down"
  • edited November 2012
    Caption contest

Tikay meets hes poker idol      Gus  hornson 
  • edited November 2012

caption,

Tikay Kendall catches up with old friend of the show, Ed Giddins

• edited November 2012
    Hi guys have a good show!

Caption: He's got a really soft touch for such a big lad.

Best time to play poker.... I personally think i play terrible in the mornings/afternoons, i dont know whether it is down to a higher standard of players being around at that time, or if my lack of coffee is a factor. I do better in the evenings, 5pm onwards, i think by then i have lost enough in the morning tournaments to have caught myself on and stop donking. And like everyone else my favourite time is to play on a friday or saturday night 11pm onwards, as long as i have only had a couple of beers myself.
  • edited November 2012
    Hi can you check this hand please, I haven't played in ages and my first night back.
    Really unhappy with my play. I feel I shoud fold the flop as he lead out which seemed pretty strong or call the river as I got so far. What do you think?

Hand History #588675164 (20:10 20/11/2012)In the open.

• edited November 2012

hi richard.. can u give me a big shout tonight.. i won the 12k bh on sat night..... not a virgin anymore lol have a great show guys.... philasr
  • edited November 2012
    Best time to play poker away from Sky Poker . Here is my theory
    12:00 to 17:00 GMT : Not the best time of day for grinding,  pro grinders will be up and beginning their sessions. At this time you see an increased volume of games, but will need to be more selective in the tables you choose – avoid those with more than 3 known pros.

17:00 – 19:00 GMT: The ‘home from work’ , more volume and proportionally fewer grinders. More  grinders are now coming online to balance a little, though you should find the games profitable during these hours.

19:00 to 23:00 GMT : Peak grinding time! Sure, there will be a lot of part-time grinders online, but these are very profitable hours simply because the  recreational players are starting to be followed by the casual player  Get as many games in as possible!
    23:00 to 02:00 GMT . Again this is a profitable period, separated it from the entry above as this is peak recreational time in other areas combined with the "returning from the pub players". You will see some crazy things at the tables during this shift.
    This is my rough overview for weekdays, we should make a special mention for Friday nights! After a tough week in the office, Fridays are when people like to let off a little steam – and lose some money at the tables. You will find the recreational peaks very juicy indeed, and the "returning from the pub" player. crazier than usual. Saturdays can be quiet during the day especially, while Sundays are the busiest of all, with many players from all around the world straying to the poker tables on those lazy Sunday afternoons!
    FRIDAY NIGHTS BETWEEN 8PM-2AM IS THE BEST TIME TO PLAY POKER
  • edited November 2012

Caption

"I don't care how long it's been, you are NOT powdering my horn"

Keith
  • edited November 2012
    i find a good time to play poker is when the soaps are on as the boyfreinds or hubbys are not intrested on corrie eastenders hollyoaks etc   so find between 6pm -9pm a gd time to play 

• edited November 2012

Favourite time to play:

Anytime before 11pm as all the good players are waiting to bum hunt at 11 so I get the early drunks!!

Caption contest: "Tikay shows up for the Sky christmas party with his new fling"

Thanks for showing my hand! I thought he had KJ or AJ would of been gutting to call and se he 2 outted me!

Great show

Kalie x

• edited November 2012
    caption contest 

tikay says " that`s funny i always thought rhinos were grey and wrinkly " the rhino replies " in that case your the strangest looking rhino i`ve seen !! "

• edited November 2012
    Hi all great show

TK says - I knew going on that blind dating website would be a mistake
  • edited November 2012
    evening gents

i wasnt watching football.  the best time to play poker is anytime.  had a rotten day cos i had to have a tooth removed (from my mouth before you ask) but all good now cos i managed to sat in to the 4,000 bounty hunter! not doing very well as the flops have not been kind but thats why we love the game. im sure that the rhino is saying that, i wish .tikay would stop looking up my nose.

enjoy the rest of the show.
    onwards and upwards :-))
  • edited November 2012

have not hit it yet

• edited November 2012
    Best time to play poker?  CAn't believe noone has said when I'm playing to be honest! ;-))
  • edited November 2012
    Caption comp:- Tikay " I told you these Ilkeston birds were H O R N Y  "
  • edited November 2012

tikay is thinking,that curse on orford did work!

• edited November 2012
    how about damien dunn = under the gun :)
  • edited November 2012
    Hi guys. Gr8 show!. Cheering me up after Celtic lost tonight.

For the caption contest-

Tikay says " What should i do if a rhino charges me?"
    Ron the Rhino says " Pay him!"   and

Tikay says " We should star in a film together"
    Ron the Rhino says ok we will call it "Rhino what you did last summer"

That sounded funnier in ma head perhaps. Night.

• edited November 2012
    u got the nicky butts = nuts 
  • edited November 2012
    Here's a slightly different angle on this,  ( SAMMY DAVIS JR - SMALL BLIND )
                                                                       ( STEVIE WONDER - BIG BLIND )
  • edited November 2012

One of the Terry Jacks (one of the short stacks)

He has now got the Peter Reid (the chip lead)

Now on the kane and Able (Final Table)
  • edited November 2012
    errol flynn - all in
  • UPUP
    edited November 2012
    I got double barreled tonight, but I just didn't have the Katie Price to call.

UP
  • edited November 2012
    One for Stu,  I looked at the Ken Dodds but I wasn't getting the Anneka Rice!
  • edited November 2012
    I'm cream puffed (Chuffed) been on the Ryan spittles (vittels) and  I've only Pie and mashed (Cashed) the Main event.
    Sadly you didn't show a single one of my Dave Blands (hands)
    Great show Guys