You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

6 Bet leveling war

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Awesome hand from EPT Berlin between Vanessa Selbst and Kevin MacPhee.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    cant stand selbst really cant stand her the face she pulled when he said a 9 lol im glad she lost
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: 6 Bet leveling war:
    cant stand selbst really cant stand her the face she pulled when he said a 9 lol im glad she lost
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I agree with you Donk she is one of those players that when people play them at their own game i.e very aggresive or calling light because you know their range is huge they say you played it bad and look disgusted.
  • edited November 2012
    Why would you wanna clash w/A9 - not his best moment how ever he tries to justify she coulda been making the move with ATC because that's all he is beating and not by much - woulda been even funner if she turns 28o and hits a 2 )

The main problem with the hand is his dwell, he should be snapping - made him look like a right wally imo )
    I mean why think you crush her range and then dwell - cmon - seriously )
  • edited November 2012
    She did not take that well!

• edited November 2012
    Before you judge either player, please listen to them explain their respective thought processes in their post-match interviews!
  • edited November 2012
    Sorry I got distracted too much by liv boeree in the superwoman top ;).
  • edited November 2012

lol epic post 

• edited November 2012
    lol epic post 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Bet the guy with pocket 6s wishes he shoved lol
  • edited November 2012
    The thing is if a site pays you into a load of donkaments. You dont have to be any good at poker to be a pro.

Go and watch a play money table plenty of players doing stuff like that.
  • edited November 2012
    The thing is if a site pays you into a load of donkaments. You dont have to be any good at poker to be a pro. Go and watch a play money table plenty of players doing stuff like that.
    Posted by ajs4385

rofl 

you're the best level ever. <3
  • edited November 2012
    funny hand, i like how he 5bets gets jamme don then tanks pretending he was going to snap it off when he knows hes put himself in stupid situation. selbst needs to grow up though
  • edited November 2012
    funny hand, i like how he 5bets gets jamme don then tanks pretending he was going to snap it off when he knows hes put himself in stupid situation. selbst needs to grow up though
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

yeh lol she jams literally any two and complains he's 5 called light for value so hilarous. probably tough to practice being a bad loser when you just win!
  • edited November 2012
    thanks for posting that - really enjoyed it

i guess when you don't believe the info you are being given - ie her raises, then you stick to your original plan - which would appear to have been to take a stand. gave her a taste of her own medicine, and she didn't like it. 
  • edited November 2012
    I kinda agree that you'd only see this sort of play from clueless noobs and pros that like to overcomplicate the game.

It would have been quite funny if he had 5-bet-folded. For Selbst to think he might do was also quite funny.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: 6 Bet leveling war : Why does that matter?
    Posted by Mohican
    just wondered if thats okay with you
  • edited November 2012
    More 6 bet bluffing new Video Phil Ivey 6 bet bluffing with 52 offsuit!
  • edited November 2012
    selbst issssssssss way to serious she thinks shes untou chable seriously get a grip there are loads of players better then u cant stand her attitude of it she got owned at her own game 
  • edited November 2012
    There's a reason why I encourage everyone to watch the interviews with Selbst and MacPhee after the event...

If you look at the hand in isolation, neither player comes across particularly well, especially Vanessa, who takes the result extremely badly and plays the role of poor loser to perfection!

In her interview, she explains that she let her emotions get the better of her and APOLOGISES for the way she behaved, and for trash-talking Kevin behind his back.

Can we please give her some credit for her contrition?

• edited November 2012

Agreed, James.

"Let he is without sin" & all that.

PS - Don't forget to feed that baby. I gather it is quite important.
  • edited November 2012
    There's a reason why I encourage everyone to watch the interviews with Selbst and MacPhee after the event... If you look at the hand in isolation, neither player comes across particularly well, especially Vanessa, who takes the result extremely badly and plays the role of poor loser to perfection! In her interview, she explains that she let her emotions get the better of her and APOLOGISES for the way she behaved, and for trash-talking Kevin behind his back. Can we please give her some credit for her contrition?
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Where's the fun in that?

For what it's worth, she said it behind his back anyway and that makes it fine. We all say nasty things about people when they're not around. I know people say nasty things about me. They call me boring and a loner... Not sure where they're getting that from.

It's all fine as long as they never find out. Which is where Ms. Selbst might have made a slight error.
  • edited November 2012
    There's a reason why I encourage everyone to watch the interviews with Selbst and MacPhee after the event... If you look at the hand in isolation, neither player comes across particularly well, especially Vanessa, who takes the result extremely badly and plays the role of poor loser to perfection! In her interview, she explains that she let her emotions get the better of her and APOLOGISES for the way she behaved, and for trash-talking Kevin behind his back. Can we please give her some credit for her contrition?
    Posted by J-Hartigan
     Good Point Mr H
    We've all had moments like when we've felt soooo hard done by and injustice tilt sets in. In retrospect she explained herself and apologised.......brownie points to Vanessa!
  • edited November 2012
    Fun hand.  I'm surprised when Vanessa asked 'Do you have AJ?'  Is that really where the line is in that spot?

With regards to the reaction, I agree with James that everyone should watch the post hand interviews and I agree with Tikay regarding the line 'let he without sin..'  I don't take too much said at the poker table too seriously, it's a powder keg of emotion and pressure.  Plus wasn't Kevin McPhee the guy who found a call made by Barney Boatman at the FT to be questionable and went off at him rather harshly, and then later went on to apologise IIRC.  It happens, most people have done it.  It's all about being classy enough to apologise to someone directly and take some humble pie when matters have calmed down.

EDIT:  I'm now thinking the Boatman/McPhee hand was San Remo.  If only we had someone who was there on the forum to confirm it.....
  • edited November 2012
    I havent watched the interviews but i find it pretty hard now to defend Vanessa when she does this all the time, and thats just tv appearances that I've seen. The contempt she shows for people who she percieves as being weak players is kind of disgusting and arrogant. Its not like this is an isolated incidence.
  • edited November 2012
    Fun hand.  I'm surprised when Vanessa asked 'Do you have AJ?'  Is that really where the line is in that spot? With regards to the reaction, I agree with James that everyone should watch the post hand interviews and I agree with Tikay regarding the line 'let he without sin..'  I don't take too much said at the poker table too seriously, it's a powder keg of emotion and pressure.  Plus wasn't Kevin McPhee the guy who found a call made by Barney Boatman at the FT to be questionable and went off at him rather harshly, and then later went on to apologise IIRC.  It happens, most people have done it.  It's all about being classy enough to apologise to someone directly and take some humble pie when matters have calmed down. EDIT:  I'm now thinking the Boatman/McPhee hand was San Remo.  If only we had someone who was there on the forum to confirm it.....
    Posted by TommyD

Ha! I can confirm it was EPT 8 Sanremo (October 2011). I actually blogged about it, but the article seems to have disappeared from the site...

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: 6 Bet leveling war : Ha! I can confirm it was EPT 8 Sanremo (October 2011). I actually blogged about it, but the article seems to have disappeared from the site...
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    This article?

The Insult
  • edited November 2012
    the woMAN deserves it, she constantly spews and gets mad when someone calls her when in actually fact she could be doing that with anything even 72 or j7 just to look amazing, such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcDx27e2Rzo
  • edited November 2012
    There's a few posts in this thread which make glib, unfunny and unnecessary references to Vanessa's sexuality.

It would be nice if we could all resist the urge to make further irrelevant and insulting remarks.

• edited November 2012
    There's a few posts in this thread which make glib, unfunny and unnecessary references to Vanessa's sexuality. It would be nice if we could all resist the urge to make further irrelevant and insulting remarks.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    orite sry m8
  • edited November 2012
    Yes she did not take the hand well but emotions can get the best of people in poker and she apologised after.  Basically she suspected her opponant was at it and she was willing to take it to the next level which i have to admire that she was willing to get into a poker match and not be runned over.
  • edited November 2012
    Selbst is very good, but seriously that was very badly taken.

Not a fan of her at all, glad she lost.