You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

6 Bet leveling war

2»

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Ivey hand: Such a boss that is all awesome stuff
  • edited November 2012
    You have to remember that they are actually friends away from the poker table, yes Boree was caught in the middle -

I can see why you would be annoyed at a fellow pro/friend taking you on w/A9

never mix friends & poker ) toooo emotional

For me it's obvious when mcphee pops it and then sel shoves he was like in his head going "why did i take her on!"
    Hence the dwell, o no I have made a booboo and now I have to call - lolz cross fingers she got J9o and I have not just levelled myself into a hole - and yes AJ would actually seem more accurate as it still holds more equity verus sel range than A9 )
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: 6 Bet leveling war:
    Sorry I got distracted too much by liv boeree in the superwoman top ;).
    Posted by ACEGOONER

hahhaha same
  • edited November 2012
    I watched this when it was on tv and the main thing that I thought was out of order was vanessa selbst comment to liv boree that she didnt think that they should be getting into big hands together as it was costing them both money.
    So is she saying that the pros should be working together to take out the non pros until they get into the big money?
    Theres a name for that isnt there.
  • edited November 2012
    I watched this when it was on tv and the main thing that I thought was out of order was vanessa selbst comment to liv boree that she didnt think that they should be getting into big hands together as it was costing them both money. So is she saying that the pros should be working together to take out the non pros until they get into the big money? Theres a name for that isnt there.
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    It's not collusion.  Selbst is saying that it's not a good idea to get involved with another very good aggressive player when there are other less skilled players at the table.  Provided people never agree to avoid each other  expressly in a conversation, either at or away from the table, then it's a perfectly good thing to do.  In fact, it's pretty good MTT strategy to not get in levelling wars with the better players.  Simply put, it's about picking the right spots to accumulate chips.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: 6 Bet leveling war : It's not collusion.  Selbst is saying that it's not a good idea to get involved with another very good aggressive player when there are other less skilled players at the table.  Provided people never agree to avoid each other  expressly in a conversation, either at or away from the table, then it's a perfectly good thing to do.  In fact, it's pretty good MTT strategy to not get in levelling wars with the better players.  Simply put, it's about picking the right spots to accumulate chips.
    Posted by TommyD
    Thats a fair comment but surely if you have a strong hand you play it against any player.

Selbst was prepared to play against mcphee but she appeared to be saying because he was a fellow pro he should just fold and not play back at her.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: 6 Bet leveling war : Thats a fair comment but surely if you have a strong hand you play it against any player. Selbst was prepared to play against mcphee but she appeared to be saying because he was a fellow pro he should just fold and not play back at her.
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    Strong hand against any player, marginals and 6 bet leveling then pick your spots.  However I agree that McPhee or indeed Selbst shouldn't be folding just because the other is in the hand, especially if either was constantly getting out of line.