You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your Tournaments - Discussion Thread

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

There has obviously been quite a lot of discussion recently around the types of tournaments Sky Poker offers, as well as the buy-ins. It got me thinking and I've pitched an idea to the people up top and they've given this a green light. So, here are the details.

Your Tournaments

This thread is set up to have a discussion amongst yourselves over which tournaments you want to see on Sky Poker. Your time slot is the business' peak times, so between 8-10pm, and you can name the buy-in with a minimum of £1.10. You need to nominate one tournament to be set up for each night of the week.

The discussion will obviously see a lot of opposing views, so we've decided to nominate Chris (scouse_red) to chair the discussion. We've also asked that he sets a deadline on the discussion and then he will post the final schedule agreed.

The buy-ins can change day-to-day, as can the format and start times. You guys decide.

(Edit: the one thing you guys can't decide is the amount of any guarantee - so don't go asking them to put a £1m GTD on for £1.10! Thanks! :))

Comments

• edited November 2012
    i like the 9.45pm tourney £2.20   500 gtd 5min blinds more tourneys like that would be great  

how about a £1.10 version with a 3 min blind level with a £500 gtd 
  • edited November 2012
    fine as it is imo!!

plenty of bigger games if you want them.. and the smaller br has options too in the mini!! the low buying deepstacks are good value.

maybe a low buying deepstack starting about 8/9pm with a guarantee to generate a tidy field?

i personally cannot play low buyin games, id rather keep my money to satalite into bigger games.

how about double your money satalites?? ie a £16.50 mtt where half the field qualify to the £33bh for example?? (im not good enough for 1 in 5) :)
  • edited November 2012
    £5.50 Buy In. Mega Stack. 10k Starting Chips with 15 minute blinds. 8:30 Start.
    £11 Buy In. £300 GTD. 3k Starting Chips with 10 minute blinds. 8:45 Start.
    £1.10+Rebuy. £150 GTD. 2k Starting Chips with 7 minute blinds. 8:00 Start. (Unlimited Re-Buy for 30 minutes.) (1 Add-On 3k Chips £1.10 on 3 minute break.)
    £2.20 Buy In. Timed Omaha Tournament. 3k Starting Chips. 5 Minute Blinds. 30 Minute Duration.
  • edited November 2012
    ok then the choice is yours basically, you have your say, decide which tournament you'd like and between us all we can get an additional tourney added to the Schedule each night..........

so as Dave says in the OP... THE CHOICE IS YOURS, and the more views expressed the better :)
  • edited November 2012
    One night a week.

Any day, 8pm

Turbo main event. 

£22 buy in. 4k gtd.

----------------------------
    One night a week. 

Any day, 9pm. 

£2k guarenteed TURBO Bounty Hunter tournament. 

£16.50 buy in. 

-----------------------------------

One night a week. 10pm.

Turbo, 1 rebuy, 1 add on. (rb only available when you have zero chips)

£1k gtd. £11 entry. 

(Turbo @ 10)

------------------------

Would make sense to put all the above on the same night. ^^^^^^

-----------------------

Every night. 10.30pm

£1,000 gtd velocity tournament 

£7.70 buy in or something. 

• edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    Id like to see a £33 tournament slow structured with a 5k starting stack.  I think this would attract alot of runners given the structure.
  • edited November 2012
    keep the ideas coming the more we get the more the choice, don't forget it's one additional tourny to the schedule each night 
  • edited November 2012
    does anybodys opinion really matter??? the only new mtts that sky bring in are bounty hunters anyway. i think sky have forgotten that freeze outs exist, the only decent freeze out is the main event, the rest are just low stakes games!!!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Your Tournaments - Discussion Thread:
    does anybodys opinion really matter??? the only new mtts that sky bring in are bounty hunters anyway. i think sky have forgotten that freeze outs exist, the only decent freeze out is the main event, the rest are just low stakes games!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    That is why this thread was started, as the opinions do matter why not make a suggestion, as that's what it's for
  • edited November 2012
    how about a tourney run every tv night tue/thu/sun.
    buy in £5.50p with gtd.payed out on night
    top 6 players with best 2 results from the 3 make final table to be played following sunday.
    could have a bonus prize like
    1st £300
    2nd £200
    3rd £150
    4th £100
    5th £75
    6th £50
  • edited November 2012
    I would like a couple of tournaments  top six or even top 3 only get paid.
    Be great for helping build a bankroll and make a nice change.
  • edited November 2012
    Personally i'd like to see a few more £1.10 to £3.30 NLH freezeout games with standard 10 minute blinds.  Currently most, if not all, for low level players are either bounty hunters or rebuys between the hours of 8.00 & 10.00.  If these were available on nights that I play on the site, i'd certainly support them.
  • edited November 2012
    PLO8 Deep or Double Stack £2.20 (same structure as the £2.20 NLH Deep Stacks), anytime between 8 and 9.
  • edited November 2012

I would like to see :- Sats into it for £2-40

Tourney - £1.200 GTD Deepstack
     Buy In   - £10 + £1
     Day      -  Friday
     Time    -  8pm
     Chips   -  5000
     Blinds   - 12mins

• edited November 2012
    Personally i'd like to see a few more £1.10 to £3.30 NLH freezeout games with standard 10 minute blinds.  Currently most, if not all, for low level players are either bounty hunters or rebuys between the hours of 8.00 & 10.00.  If these were available on nights that I play on the site, i'd certainly support them.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    +1
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Your Tournaments - Discussion Thread : That is why this thread was started, as the opinions do matter why not make a suggestion, as that's what it's for
    Posted by scouse_red
    whats the point in me making suggestions, sky players seem to love the bounty hunters, ( god knows why) so thats what sky will give.

all i want is a few decent freeze outs to play preferably at a buy in of £22.00 or above but i no its never going to happen!!!
  • edited November 2012
    £10-15 buy in's

freeze out
    3000 chips
    10 min clock

only cuurently got £2-£5 mini's and £5 250GTD plus £2-£11 BH's

Something in the middle plz + more FO's
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Your Tournaments - Discussion Thread : whats the point in me making suggestions, sky players seem to love the bounty hunters, ( god knows why) so thats what sky will give. all i want is a few decent freeze outs to play preferably at a buy in of £22.00 or above but i no its never going to happen!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
     give us some more details re time starting stack levels and such please
  • edited November 2012
    One night a week. Any day, 8pm Turbo main event.  £22 buy in. 4k gtd. ---------------------------- One night a week.  Any day, 9pm.  £2k guarenteed TURBO Bounty Hunter tournament.  £16.50 buy in.  ----------------------------------- One night a week. 10pm. Turbo, 1 rebuy, 1 add on. (rb only available when you have zero chips) £1k gtd. £11 entry.  (Turbo @ 10) ------------------------ Would make sense to put all the above on the same night. ^^^^^^ ----------------------- Every night. 10.30pm £1,000 gtd velocity tournament  £7.70 buy in or something. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Actually think the turnbo bounty hunters would be really popular - just look at the £33 super fast sky sports BH )
  • edited November 2012
    Heads up Hyper turbo mtt £3.30 to enter 8pm daily

500 chips 2 min blinds- shootout format

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Your Tournaments - Discussion Thread : Actually think the turnbo bounty hunters would be really popular - just look at the £33 super fast sky sports BH )
    Posted by rancid
    Yep, the biggest, most popular main event of the week.

That they decided to mess about with and slow down 2 weeks ago, presumably coz it was performing too well.

wp, gg, all that ;)
  • edited November 2012

Re my earlier post think 3 get paid only tournaments work if 100 ruunners at 3.30 or 5.50 would give real buzz to final table plus hard luck or happy days stories to lower bankrolled players.

• edited November 2012
    it would be nice to see a £5.50 entry BH with 5k starting stack and 10minute blinds as apposed to the norm.
  • edited November 2012
    I'd like to see a Mini version of the mains at 8-15pm for £3-30 buy in every night.
  • edited November 2012
    How about a multitable double your money,
    £11
    5min blinds
    top 50% get £20
  • edited November 2012
    I'd like to see a Mini version of the mains at 8-15pm for £3-30 buy in every night.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Ha, THIS!
  • edited November 2012
        I would like to see :- Sats into it for £2-40  Tourney - £1.200 GTD Deepstack  Buy In   - £10 + £1  Day      -  Friday  Time    -  8pm  Chips   -  5000  Blinds   - 12mins   
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    This looks good
  • edited November 2012
    How about some sort of mix game? 1st hand NLHE, 2nd PLO, 3rd PLO8 and then back to NLHE (just like HORSE)
    It could run on the show days and some omaha hands could be shown on the show. They could also be different formats. 

For example:

Sunday
    B/H - 3000 chips - 10mins blinds.

Tuesday
    Turbo rebuy - 2000 chips - 7mins blinds - unlimited rebuys when 0 chips.

Thursday
    Deep stack - 5000 chips - 12 or 15mins blinds.

Not sure on buy-ins but maybe have a higher (£33+) and lower buy (£3.30) but then i don't want it to compete with the main and minis.

Also not sure on start times but might be good to have the lower start anywhere between 19:30 - 20:30 and the higher between 21:00 - 22:00.

What do you all think

Jamie
  • edited November 2012
    I think the thing that Sky's lobby misses the most is just the basic freezeout tournament! There seem to be loads of BH's, satelites, timed tourneys, omaha etc etc.. but very free standard NLHE Freezeout. So my vote would be for...

8.30 - £10+£1 freezeout.

2000 chips,

10 minute blinds, with small blind increases at the start. I.E BB would go 20, 30, 50, 60, 80, 100

(If I was able to choose the GTD then somewhere in the region of 1k)