You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your Tournaments - Discussion Thread

2»

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Ok then some great suggestions in so far, but there's still plenty of time to keep them coming. We'll keep this thread as is for a few days yet, I'll then put the suggestions into some sort of order and we can take it from there, then hopefully between us all we'll come up with the schedule :)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Your Tournaments - Discussion Thread:
    I think the thing that Sky's lobby misses the most is just the basic freezeout tournament! There seem to be loads of BH's, satelites, timed tourneys, omaha etc etc.. but very free stdnard NLHE Freezeout. So my vote would be for... 8.30 - £10+£1 freezeout.  2000 chips,  10 minute blinds, with small blind increases at the start. I.E BB would go 20, 30, 50, 60, 80, 100  (If I was able to choose the GTD then somewhere in the region of 1k)
    Posted by FlashFlush

Like the idea of this, the old TSP classic tournament always used to be popular.

Also how about a tournament with a satelite style payment structure, buy in of £5, 1 in 5 get paid, 2k starting starting stack 7min blinds starting at 21.00
  • edited November 2012
    I think the thing that Sky's lobby misses the most is just the basic freezeout tournament! There seem to be loads of BH's, satelites, timed tourneys, omaha etc etc.. but very free stdnard NLHE Freezeout. So my vote would be for... 8.30 - £10+£1 freezeout.  2000 chips,  10 minute blinds, with small blind increases at the start. I.E BB would go 20, 30, 50, 60, 80, 100  (If I was able to choose the GTD then somewhere in the region of 1k)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    yeah more freezeout's please,way 2 many bounty hunters,
  • edited November 2012
    How about some sort of mix game? 1st hand NLHE, 2nd PLO, 3rd PLO8 and then back to NLHE (just like HORSE) It could run on the show days and some omaha hands could be shown on the show. They could also be different formats.  For example: Sunday B/H - 3000 chips - 10mins blinds. Tuesday Turbo rebuy - 2000 chips - 7mins blinds - unlimited rebuys when 0 chips. Thursday Deep stack - 5000 chips - 12 or 15mins blinds. Not sure on buy-ins but maybe have a higher (£33+) and lower buy (£3.30) but then i don't want it to compete with the main and minis. Also not sure on start times but might be good to have the lower start anywhere between 19:30 - 20:30 and the higher between 21:00 - 22:00. What do you all think Jamie
    Posted by thomas87

Hi Thomas well thought out mate, and something new, however at the present moment therin lies the problem as the software as it is right nowdoesn't allow for it.

• edited November 2012

MONDAY -  9pm   Satellite for TUESDAY's MAIN EVENT (1 in 5) with 10 min blinds, 2500/3000 starting stack, freezeout.
                    9.30pm Satellite for TUESDAY's MINI EVENT (1 in 5) with 10 min blinds, 2500/3000 starting stack, freezout.

******Rinse and repeat for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thirsty, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
  • edited November 2012
    Just to keep it a little easier to read through all the suggestions, could you use this template please

BUYIN..........

DAY.............

TIME............

FORMAT........

CHIPS...........

COMMENTS....
  • edited November 2012
    Just to keep it a little easier to read through all the suggestions, could you use this template please BUYIN.......... DAY............. TIME............ FORMAT........ CHIPS........... COMMENTS....
    Posted by scouse_red
    hi scouse,i came 2nd in design a comp a little while back,can u find out if its in the pipeline to come out soon,it was called final table.cheers.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Your Tournaments - Discussion Thread : hi scouse,i came 2nd in design a comp a little while back,can u find out if its in the pipeline to come out soon,it was called final table.cheers.
    Posted by mkgunner
    will pass it on m8
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Your Tournaments - Discussion Thread : will pass it on m8
    Posted by scouse_red
    cheers m8.
  • edited November 2012
    BUYIN.......... £3.30

DAY............. ANY

TIME............8pm

FORMAT........NLH FREEZEOUT

CHIPS...........12k

COMMENTS.... A mega stack freezeout early starting time, Sturcture would have a couple of early levels taken out, but the later ones added to give it a nice balance.
    Obviously Guarantee would have to be worked out with entry fee in mind.
    But hopefully with it being a mega stack and having a good structure, there would be a high level of interest, so a decent guarantee.2/3k
    Could be used to replace the mini on the night of the double stack (wednesday i believe).
  • edited November 2012
    BUYIN.......... £3.30 DAY............. ANY TIME............8pm FORMAT........NLH FREEZEOUT CHIPS...........12k COMMENTS.... A mega stack freezeout early starting time, Sturcture would have a couple of early levels taken out, but the later ones added to give it a nice balance. Obviously Guarantee would have to be worked out with entry fee in mind. But hopefully with it being a mega stack and having a good structure, there would be a high level of interest, so a decent guarantee.2/3k Could be used to replace the mini on the night of the double stack (wednesday i believe).
    Posted by chubbers
    Great idea!
  • edited November 2012
    i think sky should let us use are poker point to satellite into the main or more points to buy direct in,mine just sit there doing nothing as im not playing a freeroll for about 3-4 hours to win 50p for a min cash.
  • edited November 2012
    still time to get those ideas in
  • edited November 2012
    ok all We'll leave this thread open until midnight Wednesday then put together a list of all ideas that are feasible and can be accommodated into the existing software and then use a voting system to decide where we go from there.

So please keep those ideas coming thru :)
  • edited November 2012
    The 2 dayer....

Feeder's every night of the week for £50+5 buy in 1 in 10 sat into Sunday

Sunday is obviously the final day but a £230+20 entry, dont really know what gurantee but could be the big one every week and with sats every night , with feeder sats into them i think it could be popular. Similar to Roller but bigger buy in, hopefully = bigger prize pool

Start Time on Sunday- 7pm, should last around 3-4 hours

Blinds 15 mins , starting stack: 10,000

level 1- 25/50 (get rid of silly low blind)
    level 2 -50/100
    Level 3- 125/250
    level 4- 150/300

level 5- 200/400
    Level 6- 250/500
    Level 7- 300/600
    Level 8-400/800

level 9- 600/1200
    level 10- 800/1600
    level 11- 1000/2000
    level 12- 1500/3000

level 13-2000/4000
    level 14-3000/6000
    level 15-4000/8000
    level 16-6000/12000

Level 17-8000/16000
    level 18-10000/20000
    level 19-12500/25000
    levvel 20-15000/30000
  • edited November 2012
    4 max turbo:

Buy In: £5.50

Starting stack: 1,000

9pm start

Blind Levels: 3 minutes

Normal blind levels the site uses would be fine as should take under 1 hour

Gurantee = £250 to start and increase based on how popular it will be
  • edited November 2012

How about some decent PLO tournies, so far there is £5.50 with £20 GTD, why not make it £3.30 £100 GTD or summen and at a good time reckon there would be some decent interest
  • edited November 2012
    less than 12 hours to get those Ideas in, just to re-iterate the OP this is a chance to get 1 tourney of your choice (decided by vote) Added to the tourney schedule each night, so it you've got an idea please don't be shy
  • edited November 2012
    ok then thread now closed while i collect all the ideas and see where we take it from here

thanks to all those who replied, and took the time to make suggestions :)