You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Big One on Channel 861 Live This Sunday Night- The £30,000 Super Roller with Rich and Stu

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Hi gang,

Yep, you heard it right- this Sunday night on 861 we clear the decks and dedicate our entire 5 hour coverage to the £30,000 Super Roller!

If you're not in that yet, get in those satellites now! It's one thing watching this Sunday, but it's an amazing experience watching AND PLAYING in the same tournament being covered on the TV.

With me in the studio will be Stu Rutter for only our third show together. Stu is a superb analyst and can really go in-depth into any given hand.

So, hand requests from the Super Roller will be gratefully received and aired on the box that night. Post your hand i.d.s below with any questions you want answering.

In the first hour from 7 we'll cover one of the last-minute satellites feeding into the main event and then, from 8, it's the Roller all the way.

If you're playing in the game and you'd like to talk to us live on air, email your contact details to skyopen@bskyb.com and we'll get in touch ont he night and do the rest!

Also-  I have another 4 seats to give away- this time into Tuesday night's Mini Open.

The winners will have provided the best answers to this question:

Which non-poker playing celebrities do you think have what it takes to become a brilliant poker player?

Your answers can be serious or light-hearted. We're looking for any famous people who are not known for playing poker and your reason/s why you think they'd have potential in the game.

Should be interesting and, as for the main event itself, should be EPIC!

See you Sunday. Oh, and don't be late. Unless you're planning to use late registration!

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Carol Vorderman for her maths skills

Ray Winstone cuz he's the Daddy !
  • edited November 2012
    Which non-poker playing celebrities do you think have what it takes to become a brilliant poker player?

Answer: Derren Brown

• edited November 2012
    Obv Ron Burgundy as his kinda a big deal uknow.  

• edited November 2012
    RICHARD BRANSON,OF VIRGIN AIRWAYS
  • edited November 2012
    Victoria Beckham. Poker face Queen.
  • edited November 2012

dynamo :)
  • edited November 2012

Simon Cowell or Rod Hull & Emu
  • edited November 2012
    it's got to be david cameron - he manages to keep a straight face when he tells us the economy is in good hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2012
    Great answers- exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for.

Also- any good poker questions to put to Stu Rutter?

Anyone want to talk about how brilliant West Brom are?

OK, you probably don't want to do the last one, but I'm just excited that we've gone third in the table!

;-)
  • edited November 2012
    west brom in the champions league u aving a laugh :)   doing great tho i like lukaku a good player reminds me abit like drogba 
  • edited November 2012
    IMO Daniel Craig would make an excellent live poker player.  He's got the perfect face for it.  Q for Stu - which celebrity poker player OR famous person would he like to play HU with?  Looking forward to the "big" show tomoz!  Also, baggies rungood FTW. ;-)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Big One on Channel 861 Live This Sunday Night- The £30,000 Super Roller with Rich and Stu:
    Great answers- exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. Also- any good poker questions to put to Stu Rutter? Anyone want to talk about how brilliant West Brom are? OK, you probably don't want to do the last one, but I'm just excited that we've gone third in the table! ;-)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    hi rich,

question for stu...

if your playing style was compared to a car what would it be and why?

regards
    aussie"austin allegro"09

• edited November 2012
    Chris Brunt, Shane Long, Zoltan Gera and Steve Clarke for the poker players and I'm sure Richard will agree with me :).  On an unrelated topic, you are picking the winners aren't you Richard???

Looking forward to the big show tomorrow night

Maybe the big show would make a good poker player too, after all, if he looked you in the eye and told you to fold it would take a brave man not to!
  • edited November 2012
    My team for Celebrity Poker would be:-
    Michael Palin - Legendary for his TRIPS
    David Cameron - Reknowned for hiding STRAIGHT answers
    Kim Woodburn &  Aggie Mackenzie - Famous for Cleaning Up and more FLUSHES than Tikay
    Robbie Williams - He wouldn't get out of bed for anything less than a FULL HOUSE
    I'd have the Chippendales as back up for their chair/TABLE knowledge, plus their skill at playing LADIES

Have a great show Guys! and Richard I hope West Brom are allocated their Champions League Games on Wednesdays!

The thought of Hartigan every tuesday night sends shivers down my spine lol

• edited November 2012

Hi Guys, Question for Stu

If over the next Decade or beyond they started playing Poker Doubles (you could debate it, was thinking 10 seat tables) at Live Events, Who would you choose to partner you & why
  • edited November 2012

Hi Guys,

Rich if I hadn't read this thread I would not have had "a last go" to qualify this afternoon; I'd fallen through one too many position trap doors, bumped into too many Dysons at too many tables yesterday, that I was sure I needed another break. But your chirpy manner, and a great post from DUNMIDOSH, put me in a much better place;and after just over an hour in a £6 super sat, there was my name in the list of runners for tonight.

Qustion for Stu:   What gave you the biggest buzz; Final tabling in a WSOP bracelet event, or winning the GUKPT 2 weeks earlier?

A Comedienne that should play poker:    Joan Rivers, her table trash talk would be ledgendary.

Good Luck everyone tonight, well as long as you're not on my table.

Cheers

Dave
  • edited November 2012
    pat jennings,always has BIG HANDS.
  • edited November 2012

hi rich..

will the main mini bonus still aplly tonight?

have a good show

• edited November 2012

Hi guys,

Question for both of you...there is a thread on the forum about heads up poker grudge matches. Who would your heads up grudge match of choice be against and who would like to see play heads up?

Matt

• edited November 2012
    to your question matt i think there should be a heads up comp where all the presenters and analyts get involved would be fun to watch and a assive rail im sure :) 

can imagaine it now anna beating tikay she would rub him down all the time :)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Big One on Channel 861 Live This Sunday Night- The £30,000 Super Roller with Rich and Stu:
    Hi Guys,                Rich if I hadn't read this thread I would not have had "a last go" to qualify this afternoon; I'd fallen through one too many position trap doors, bumped into too many Dysons at too many tables yesterday, that I was sure I needed another break. But your chirpy manner, and a great post from DUNMIDOSH, put me in a much better place;and after just over an hour in a £6 super sat, there was my name in the list of runners for tonight.     Qustion for Stu:   What gave you the biggest buzz; Final tabling in a WSOP bracelet event, or winning the GUKPT 2 weeks earlier?    A Comedienne that should play poker:    Joan Rivers, her table trash talk would be ledgendary. Good Luck everyone tonight, well as long as you're not on my table. Cheers Dave
    Posted by kidgrimsby
    Glad to be of service, Dave. Hope it translates into some serious cash for you!
  • edited November 2012
    Superb answers to the side-topic so far and some terrific questions for Stu so far. You're all doing me proud here, cheers.

Keep it all coming- I'll give you all the airtime on the show tonight and, get those hands in, once the main event begins if you're in it.

If you're not in it, how about your predictions as to who will win or do well? Have a look at the tournament lobby and give me your predictions.

T-Minus 165 minutes to show-time!
  • edited November 2012
    It has to be Henrik Larsson a celtic legend my most favourite football player of all time he would be the king at poker.
  • edited November 2012

Vitali Klitscko- Very smart (phd and a leader of a political party), very tatical and patient under big pressure, shows no emotion and would have a huge presence at a poker table.

Plus he would also make a great James Bond Villain :-)
  • edited November 2012
    Stuart

1st hand in the roller, you have AA pre-flop. you raise, your opponent  shoves all in. Would you Call?

On the bubble in the roller, you have 77 pre-flop. short stack shoves you are last to act. would you call?

Final table in the roller, you are 2nd in chips, you hold AA pre-flop. Short stack shoves, you call, the chip leader then shoves all in.
    Do You Call the all in? or do you fold to ladder?

If your preflop was qq or jj on the final table would you still call an all in from the chip leader?

• edited November 2012
    it would have to be the queen with her poker face tina 
  • edited November 2012
    Stuart 1st hand in the roller, you have AA pre-flop. you raise, your opponent  shoves all in. Would you Call? On the bubble in the roller, you have 77 pre-flop. short stack shoves you are last to act. would you call? Final table in the roller, you are 2nd in chips, you hold AA pre-flop. Short stack shoves, you call, the chip leader then shoves all in. Do You Call the all in? or do you fold to ladder?
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    YES
    NO
    YES

I know you weren´t asking me - but very intereesting question - very confident on the answer for 1 & 3, but 2 is a little trickier

oh yeah - has to be

LADY GAGA

she can talk the talk but can she walk the walk?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Big One on Channel 861 Live This Sunday Night- The £30,000 Super Roller with Rich and Stu : YES NO YES I know you weren´t asking me - but very intereesting question - very confident on the answer for 1 & 3, but 2 is a little trickier oh yeah - has to be LADY GAGA she can talk the talk but can she walk the walk?
    Posted by GELDY
    Your thought process is just as valuable!
    Maybe more so than Stuart's?
    I still remember last year when you bought in to the Viva Las Vegas final!
    What a great game that was to rail!
    You came sooooooo close to taking it down!
    Which means your input is well worth considering!!!
  • edited November 2012
    Good Poker Players:

Kim & Aggy - for the trash talk

Noel Edmonds - knows how to deal (& no deal)

The editor of The Sun - knows a big pair when he sees one

Sarah Beeney - always manages to find a house

Boy George - good at handling Queens

Doctor Who - great dealing with monsters
  • edited November 2012
    Show time! :-)