You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Big One on Channel 861 Live This Sunday Night- The £30,000 Super Roller with Rich and Stu

13»

Comments

• edited November 2012
    i think ricky hatton would be a great poker player he alwyas seems to hit the deck :)
  • edited November 2012

hi rich,

as requested,  28 main and mini jackpot players still in...
      main mini
      260 143

xayn 14 115
    Salazzzar 23 43
    jawzindawz 39 100
    TheDent 47 46
    smith1408 48 65
    77Chris91 49 117
    Nutter5932 70 18
    halezak 103 132
    badtaste01 121 118
    HITMAN_RV 128 108
    MAXALLY 133 75
    chriscardy 139 90
    Curt360x27 142 86
    winner5603 162 13
    MYT 171 104
    jamest6 173 109
    witsy39 174 113
    Doudeau 181 82
    lyonsbob06 197 59
    SoLack 211 94
    cliv 219 134
    jimifloyd 222 99
    kidgrimsby 229 49
    WHOAMI196 236 17
    oldgolf 245 130

• edited November 2012
    Jackie Chan would be a great poker player because he would be a great short stack ninja.
    Not only that he would a expert with a Bowl of Rice

Nigel
  • edited November 2012
    how about peppe di marco who used to be an actor in eastenders years bk i believe hes succesfull in the poker game 
  • edited November 2012
    First: 7/8/2011
    Last: 25/11/2012
    Just joined a new table no info on other players. all i can say is welcome to the table.
    could i have got more value?

ID= from the roller
    Regards Alan

bump
  • edited November 2012
    Which non-poker playing celebrities do you think have what it takes to become a brilliant poker player?

Given up on this question but have to say with his posts tonight.

IDONKCALLYOU has what it takes to make a celebrity!

GL to Kid Grimsby + Geldy
  • edited November 2012
    Going extraordinarily old school in the celebrity into poker player debate, the most successful must be Gabe Kaplan.  Originally an American Sit-Com star, he's cashed plenty in the WSOP and FTed both WSOP and WPT tournaments.  Made some money at Stud as well I believe.
  • edited November 2012
    Would appreciate any comments on this hand from the Super Roller:

Think I was right to fold but did I play it correctly to that point
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to The Big One on Channel 861 Live This Sunday Night- The £30,000 Super Roller with Rich and Stu:
    Hi gang, Yep, you heard it right- this Sunday night on 861 we clear the decks and dedicate our entire 5 hour coverage to the £30,000 Super Roller! If you're not in that yet, get in those satellites now! It's one thing watching this Sunday, but it's an amazing experience watching AND PLAYING in the same tournament being covered on the TV. With me in the studio will be Stu Rutter for only our third show together. Stu is a superb analyst and can really go in-depth into any given hand. So, hand requests from the Super Roller will be gratefully received and aired on the box that night. Post your hand i.d.s below with any questions you want answering. In the first hour from 7 we'll cover one of the last-minute satellites feeding into the main event and then, from 8, it's the Roller all the way. If you're playing in the game and you'd like to talk to us live on air, email your contact details to skyopen@bskyb.com and we'll get in touch ont he night and do the rest! Also-   I have another 4 seats to give away- this time into Tuesday night's Mini Open. The winners will have provided the best answers to this question: Which non-poker playing celebrities do you think have what it takes to become a brilliant poker player? Your answers can be serious or light-hearted. We're looking for any famous people who are not known for playing poker and your reason/s why you think they'd have potential in the game. Should be interesting and, as for the main event itself, should be EPIC ! See you Sunday. Oh, and don't be late. Unless you're planning to use late registration!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    john mccenroe just for when he loses a big hand (you cannot be serious)
  • edited November 2012

hi rich,

main mini    
      192 68    

Salazzzar 46 1    
    jawzindawz 51 6    
    kidgrimsby 75 13    
    winner5603 79 31    
    HITMAN_RV 115 32    
    MAXALLY 132 51    
    Nutter5932 137 63    
    chriscardy 166 66    
    WHOAMI196 175 68    

• edited November 2012

Would Jools Holland not be an expert at the Squeeze Play? 
  • edited November 2012
    I don't typically post, but I'd just like to say that I've always been impressed by Mr Rutter's analysis and tonight hasn't changed that at all. Fantastic unbiased insight. 
  • edited November 2012
      main mini    
      150 29    

winner5603 92 4    
    kidgrimsby 95 17    

• edited November 2012
    Hi All,

Thanks for all your hand requests tonight.... we're trying our best to show as many of them as we can!

If we don't manage to show your hand tonight please post it in the 'POKER CLINIC HAND REQUESTS' thread in the poker clinic section of the forum.

Cheers
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to The Big One on Channel 861 Live This Sunday Night- The £30,000 Super Roller with Rich and Stu:
    Hi gang, Yep, you heard it right- this Sunday night on 861 we clear the decks and dedicate our entire 5 hour coverage to the £30,000 Super Roller! If you're not in that yet, get in those satellites now! It's one thing watching this Sunday, but it's an amazing experience watching AND PLAYING in the same tournament being covered on the TV. With me in the studio will be Stu Rutter for only our third show together. Stu is a superb analyst and can really go in-depth into any given hand. So, hand requests from the Super Roller will be gratefully received and aired on the box that night. Post your hand i.d.s below with any questions you want answering. In the first hour from 7 we'll cover one of the last-minute satellites feeding into the main event and then, from 8, it's the Roller all the way. If you're playing in the game and you'd like to talk to us live on air, email your contact details to skyopen@bskyb.com and we'll get in touch ont he night and do the rest! Also-   I have another 4 seats to give away- this time into Tuesday night's Mini Open. The winners will have provided the best answers to this question: Which non-poker playing celebrities do you think have what it takes to become a brilliant poker player? Your answers can be serious or light-hearted. We're looking for any famous people who are not known for playing poker and your reason/s why you think they'd have potential in the game. Should be interesting and, as for the main event itself, should be EPIC ! See you Sunday. Oh, and don't be late. Unless you're planning to use late registration!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    can you play hand #590612404 and guess my hand pls

• edited November 2012
    Not a celebrity but I think the Queens Toilet cleaner would be a great poker player as he/she is always hitting a royal flush
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Big One on Channel 861 Live This Sunday Night- The £30,000 Super Roller with Rich and Stu:
    Not a celebrity but I think the Queens Toilet cleaner would be a great poker player as he/she is always hitting a royal flush
    Posted by G_Emery
    Had to read twice. 

Then I lol'd haha
  • edited November 2012
    The Celebrity who in my opinion would make a great poker player has to be

ANDY PANDY

From a very young age I seem to remember him boasting
    He "flopped the pot alot"

Mind you that could have been drug induced because no episode went by without a little weed!

He might also have been cheating because in a number of programmes he had a jack in the box! lol
  • edited November 2012
    im qpr through and through but downing is just really bad :) great show guys
  • edited November 2012

Hi Rich and Stu 

top show been watching this while playing the roller really good analysis

Ifinished in 100th place with this hand. #590627062Think i played the tourny really well. So i'm not unhappy with my exit, great tourny.

Regards Alan

• edited November 2012

Congratulations to G_EMERY, SPIKELAD, BENJI94 and PENFIFTEEN who all win free entry in to Tuesday night's mini open!

• edited November 2012
    Oh wow I won something :O. I think the best entry was the one about Brucey, had me in stitches :P.
  • edited November 2012
    check out my exit hand last night in the roller