You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

monitor

2»

Comments

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: monitor:
    In Response to Re: monitor : what are your laptop specs?
    Posted by beaneh
    not sure if this is what you mean by specs but...

manufacturer: packard bell
    model: easynote TK87
    rating: 3.9 (lol)
    processor: intel(R) pentium(R) CPU  P6100 @ 2.00GHz 
    installed memory (RAM): 4.00gb (3.68 usable)
    system type: 64-bit operating system

apologies if this is not what you were asking for lol. ty for help
  • edited November 2012
    Just to put a spanner in the works, how do you know your laptop can run more than 4 tables?

At least try running the amount of tables you want to play with the new monitor.

Hook it up to your TV or borrow a monitor and make sure your laptop + inet connection will allow you to run the required amount of tables beofre you go out an splash £100 on a new monitor where you maybe no better off )

good luck

• edited November 2012
    Just to put a spanner in the works, how do you know your laptop can run more than 4 tables? At least try running the amount of tables you want to play with the new monitor. Hook it up to your TV or borrow a monitor and make sure your laptop + inet connection will allow you to run the required amount of tables beofre you go out an splash £100 on a new monitor where you maybe no better off ) good luck
    Posted by rancid
    yah good idea

but even if it can't, it'll prb still do me good having a monitor anyway lol. just to look at and tingz. ty
  • edited November 2012
    Well I spent like £600 building my desktop in the summer of 09 (its still going strong SSD & 8mb ram FTW) then I upgraded to 2x24s for £400... a similar setup now would cost you like say £450-£650 imo depending on what type of monitors you go for.  Im presuming you have like £100-150 to spend for a single monitor, imo the monitor is just going to give you a similar result as laptop screen in terms of poker functionality... so i personally would just wait till jan, flog the laptop and get a new one.  With Windows8 laptops coming out, the value of existing lappys is going to reduce and in jan/feb you might be able to pick up a decent one with SSD easily for say 300/400.   This might not be the answer but to me it would be most practical... i dont think hooking up a monitor to a laptop is going to be that different to playing on the laptop. alternatively withdraw roll and learn to "stack" tables on ft/ps
    Posted by TPTP123
    yeah I am looking into buying a new laptop. I think I'll probably do it next year sometime. ty.

yah I can already tile 12 tables on ps but as you can imagine it's overlap central and I hope with a monitor to tile minimum 12 w/ no overlap on both monitor and laptop
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: monitor : wow ty v.much. So it's a 22", how many tables do you think I can run on tha w/out overlap? Either way I think I'll buy it cos it's only £100! And when it arrives, what kinda cable do I need to hook it up? just like a hdmi? or something different? and do I just plug it in and it does it itself? Sorry complete technical novice here haha. is all appreciated edit: sorry just noticed your 'two monitors set up' link ty :-)
    Posted by percival09
    oi lemon check table for how many tables
    Resolution determines how many tables

Horizontal Resolution

Vertical Resolution

Standard View Large Chat

Standard View Small Chat

Mini View

• edited November 2012
    If you're serious about poker then ditch the idea of buying a new laptop. You will get a much more powerful dekstop PC for the money of a decent laptop.

• edited November 2012
    +1 to Machkas LG IPS range recommendation, I bought the IPS235 about 6 months ago and it's a stunningly good monitor.

http://www.ebuyer.com/284101-lg-e2351vr-23-led-lcd-dvi-monitor-e2351vr-bn-aeu
  • edited November 2012
    Ordered machka's. Thanks for all the input. Because Machka doesn't want the $1, beaneh do you want it cos you contributed the 2nd most? Can get it sent as soon as you reply ;-)
  • edited November 2012
    btw, I take it there will be speakers on these monitors right?
  • edited November 2012
    btw, I take it there will be speakers on these monitors right?
    Posted by percival09
    No.  Most decent monitors won't include speakers.  I assumed you didn't need inbuilt speakers as the monitor in your first post didn't have them.

You can still just use the speakers on the laptop.

But if speakers are important to you then cancel the order.