You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TEAM ORFORD- YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKS!

that sounds like sour grapes to me rich lol

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Soldiers!

We have today suffered a setback, but it is only a minor one. Remember, there are FIVE legs in this war and we lost the first battle by just £12.

(Yes, don't let Team Tikay massage those figures- out of a £500 pool we lost by just £12 i.e. if we'd won £12 more we'd have beaten them.)

Indeed, if Team Tikay's members had not kept allowing their leader walks everytime he was on the Big Blind, maybe the gap would have been closer! CHEAT! CHEAT! CHEAT!

But, I'm not about to start slinging mud. Never mind the fact that I was bullied at every corner by Tikay's minions, ganged up on by 5 players v 1 on every table I sat at. Harrassed by Lisa-Marie in the chatbox, although I can think of worse things ;). And then of course, there's been all the charges of match-fixing, dodgy voting systems and collusion.

But I'm a man of honour, so I won't mention any of the above stuff. (That's the allegations above this paragraph, in case you missed it. Yes, that's right, just there)

Team Orford was simply magnificent last night, we played the game to the utmost standards of decency and respect and we took it to the wire. I'm proud of you all.

We shall learn from this minor set-back and come back stronger. Remember Team Tikay expected to walk this, (although in fairness their captain did get plenty of walks) and so they will be scared now. They have severely underestimated our ability and resolve to win.

Indeed, my spies inform me there has been a crisis meeting in the nursing home today to discuss how will they hold us off for another FOUR legs.

We will not be broken! We shall fight on! Yes, it may be 1-0 to the enemy, but it's a marathon, not a sprint (well, it will be a bit of a sprint in the Velocity next week, but you get my drift) and we will prevail!

So, do not be downhearted Orfordians! Next Tuesday is the Velocity- there will be much blood spilt in the first hour (lol-about 600 casualties- it's going to be absolute carnage!) but when the dust settles Team Orford will emerge victorious!!!

Right- where's me shoe polish?
  • edited November 2009
    I LIKE THE BIT WHERE ... HE ... SAYS , CONGRATULATIONS , PURE CLASS ;)
  • edited November 2009

Hi Rich,

Thank you for congratulating my fine Team.

Oh, wait - you did not, did you?
  • edited November 2009
    £12!?!?!?!

Darn it - I could have made a BIG difference.  Alas, my penne with prosciutto and cream was calling...

I won't let you down again, captain!

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: TEAM ORFORD- YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKS!:
    [QUOTE]I LIKE THE BIT WHERE ... HE ... SAYS , CONGRATULATIONS , PURE CLASS ;)
    Posted by PILLOWMAN

Yes, it was written in invisible ink I think.

No class, see?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to TEAM ORFORD- YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKS!:
    Soldiers! We have today suffered a setback, but it is only a minor one. Remember, there are FIVE legs in this war and we lost the first battle by just £ 12 . (Yes, don't let Team Tikay massage those figures- out of a £500 pool we lost by just £12 i.e. if we'd won £12 more we'd have  beaten them.) Indeed, if Team Tikay's members had not kept allowing their leader walks everytime he was on the Big Blind, maybe the gap would have been closer! CHEAT! CHEAT! CHEAT! But, I'm not about to start slinging mud. Never mind the fact that I was bullied at every corner by Tikay's minions, ganged up on by 5 players v 1 on every table I sat at. Harrassed by Lisa-Marie in the chatbox, although I can think of worse things ;). They're have been charges of match-fixing, dodgy voting systems and collusion. But I'm a man of honour, so I won't mention any of the above stuff. (That's the allegations above this paragraph, in case you missed it. Yes, that's right, just there) Team Orford was simply magnificent last night, we played the game to the utmost standards of decency and respect and we took it to the wire. I'm proud of you all. We shall learn from this minor set-back and come back stronger. Remember Team Tikay expected to walk this, (although in fairness their captian did get plenty of walks) and so they will be scared now. They have severely underestimated our ability and resolve to win. Indeed, my spies inform me there has been a crisis meeting in the nursing home today to discuss how will hold us off for another FOUR legs. We will not be broken! We shall fight on! Yes, it may be 1-0 to the enemy, but it's a marathon, not a sprint (well, it will be a bit of a sprint in the Velocity next week, but you get my drift) and we will prevail! So, do not be downhearted Orfordians! Next Tuesday is the Velocity- there will be much blood spilt in the first hour (lol-about 600 casualties- it's going to be absolute carnage!) but when the dust settles Team Orford will emerge victorious!!! Right- where's me shoe polish?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    edit, £7 more wud have been enuff. Obviously ur lads n lasses dnt use math when making decisions ;)
  • edited November 2009
    That's an awful lot of words Rich.  You coulda just said Team Tikay rules.  Woulda saved a lot of time IMO
  • edited November 2009
    I'll post 'Congratulations' right under the post from Tikay that says 'Well done Team Orford, you were worthy opponents and commiserations for coming second".

I'm looking for that post but can't see it at the moment for all the ones that say "GET IN!" and "Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!"

Humph!
  • edited November 2009
    I'll post 'Congratulations' right under the post from Tikay that says 'Well done Team Orford, you were worthy opponents and commiserations for coming second". I'm looking for that post but can't see it at the moment for all the ones that say "GET IN!" and "Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!" Humph!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM
  • edited November 2009
    sorry skip, if i could have just got rid of that pesky doreen victory would have been ours:(:(:(

think we shocked team tikay with how close we came, and velocity will be ours

great captaincy by the way, all team orford are proud of you and our team
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to TEAM ORFORD- YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKS!:
    Soldiers! We have today suffered a setback, but it is only a minor one. Remember, there are FIVE legs in this war and we lost the first battle by just £ 12 . (Yes, don't let Team Tikay massage those figures- out of a £500 pool we lost by just £12 i.e. if we'd won £12 more we'd have beaten them.) Indeed, if Team Tikay's members had not kept allowing their leader walks everytime he was on the Big Blind, maybe the gap would have been closer! CHEAT! CHEAT! CHEAT! But, I'm not about to start slinging mud. Never mind the fact that I was bullied at every corner by Tikay's minions, ganged up on by 5 players v 1 on every table I sat at. Harrassed by Lisa-Marie in the chatbox, although I can think of worse things ;). And then of course, they're have been all the charges of match-fixing, dodgy voting systems and collusion. But I'm a man of honour, so I won't mention any of the above stuff. (That's the allegations above this paragraph, in case you missed it. Yes, that's right, just there) Team Orford was simply magnificent last night, we played the game to the utmost standards of decency and respect and we took it to the wire. I'm proud of you all. We shall learn from this minor set-back and come back stronger. Remember Team Tikay expected to walk this, (although in fairness their captain did get plenty of walks) and so they will be scared now. They have severely underestimated our ability and resolve to win. Indeed, my spies inform me there has been a crisis meeting in the nursing home today to discuss how will hold us off for another FOUR legs. We will not be broken! We shall fight on! Yes, it may be 1-0 to the enemy, but it's a marathon, not a sprint (well, it will be a bit of a sprint in the Velocity next week, but you get my drift) and we will prevail! So, do not be downhearted Orfordians! Next Tuesday is the Velocity- there will be much blood spilt in the first hour (lol-about 600 casualties- it's going to be absolute carnage!) but when the dust settles Team Orford will emerge victorious!!! Right- where's me shoe polish?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    and congrats to the very very very very lucky tk team ,

now you lot happy ,

you want cream on it ,

blood ,

lol well done
  • edited November 2009
    I think you may have been robbed and should demand a recount!
    I applied to join your team and received this email:

"Congratulations, the votes have been counted and we can officially announce that you're on Team Tikay!"

I did also get an email saying
    "Congratulations, the votes have been counted and we can officially announce that you're on Team Orford!"

So no idea whose team I am on and how many others had both emails and this might count for your £12 loss?

Indy

PS I didn't read the invite email until after I was out so didn't play either way.
  • edited November 2009
    Well I'm with you Rich, with 4 events still to go why not leave the congratulations for our final victory.

There will be a lot of Talks and a lot of Walks between now and then but the orfodians will march to victory.
  • edited November 2009
    I think you may have been robbed and should demand a recount! I applied to join your team and received this email: "Congratulations, the votes have been counted and we can officially announce that you're on Team Tikay!" I did also get an email saying "Congratulations, the votes have been counted and we can officially announce that you're on Team Orford!" So no idea whose team I am on and how many others had both emails and this might count for your £12 loss? Indy PS I didn't read the invite email until after I was out so didn't play either way.
    Posted by Indstrcble
     god dam n it ,
    are you realated to henry tk .
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Rich,
    It is lovely to see that you and your team have taken your BEATING like grown ups. No whinging about outdraws, walks, bent dealing etc,(sarcastic).
    Just one question mate. Is it true that at the end of the noghit your voice had gone so high it was only audible to dogs lol.
    col
  • edited November 2009
    I think you may have been robbed and should demand a recount! I applied to join your team and received this email: "Congratulations, the votes have been counted and we can officially announce that you're on Team Tikay!" I did also get an email saying "Congratulations, the votes have been counted and we can officially announce that you're on Team Orford!" So no idea whose team I am on and how many others had both emails and this might count for your £12 loss? Indy PS I didn't read the invite email until after I was out so didn't play either way.
    Posted by Indstrcble
    This is the poker equivalent of the hanging chad!

Rich - call the lawyers!!!
  • edited November 2009
    next time captain one for all and all for one
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to TEAM ORFORD- YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKS! : edit, £7 more wud have been enuff. Obviously ur lads n lasses dnt use math when making decisions ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Wrong Doh! We were £22 behind Team Tikay- therefore if Team Orford had got £12 more we'd have sealed it.

Back to school for the Team Tikayers!
  • edited November 2009
    I was an Orfordite but seem to be outnumbered at every table I sat at!  There was certainly no free xmas pressies at my tables mind you didnt bump into TK either :)

Congratulations to team
    Tikay, blimey that got stuck in me throat.

Where do we find details for the rest of the events?
  • edited November 2009
    I was an Orfordite but seem to be outnumbered at every table I sat at!  There was certainly no free xmas pressies at my tables mind you didnt bump into TK either :) Congratulations to team Tikay, blimey that got stuck in me throat. Where do we find details for the rest of the events?
    Posted by woooosh
    The original thread has it all, but that's dropped to Page 4 now I think.

Here's the gist of it.

So, EACH Tuesday, for the next FIVE weeks, there will be a £500 Freeroll. The Team that wins most cash that week will be the winner.

Each Tuesday's Winning Team will be announced on the Wednesday morning. So it'd be, like ""and in last night's TKO, tikay's Team won yet again" sorta thing.

And it will be a different format EACH WEEK.

Week One - 24th November - it will be a regular no-limit hold 'Em. FREE TO ENTER. With a £500 Prize Pool.

Week Two - 1st December - it will be Velocity.  FREE TO ENTER. With a £500 Prize Pool.

Week Three - 8th December - it will be 100% Bounty Hunter. (Each player starts wityh a £1 Bounty).  FREE TO ENTER.

Week Four - 15th December - it will be Roulette.  FREE TO ENTER. With a £500 Prize Pool.

Week Five - 22nd December - iit will be a Deepstack.  FREE TO ENTER. With a £500 Prize Pool.

But hold on, there's more free money yet.....

The WINNING TEAM (ONLY) will get free entry into a £1,000 Prize Pool Freeroll.

AND the MVP from EACH Team will get £100.

• edited November 2009

change my mind rich thin u will just win the roulette one

• edited November 2009
    think u might  win next one rich caus it a fish tourney  we go more for the skill ones
  • edited November 2009
    Great speech boss and we will rally and come back stronger for round 2

Still smarting for racing with 8 8  when I was safe to cash but I was playing to win!
  • edited November 2009
    Wonderful words, mr orford, and I think i speak for all orfordites in saying that we are now fully recovered from last nights mugging, and morale has been restored. 

The velocity will mark the turning point in the battle, and I am certain there will be a full tournout of orfordites by your side to ensure the victory is claimed.

Foot soldier buistyboy.
  • edited November 2009
    Yet again Captain u have told nothing but the truth. The amount of walks given to Tikay was laughable. HOWEVER, in a way therefore they had the correct tactics. We need to know exactly who is in our team and work together. Every team Orford player go to ur personal details and change the town listed to 'Team Orford'. We can then support each other easily and focus solely on the task in hand.  Completely wiping the floor with them for the 4 remaining mtts.

One last thing, at the start of the game which team captain had a table full of 'absent players'? Hmmmmmmmm!!
  • edited November 2009
    Yet again Captain u have told nothing but the truth. The amount of walks given to Tikay was laughable. HOWEVER, in a way therefore they had the correct tactics. We need to know exactly who is in our team and work together. Every team Orford player go to ur personal details and change the town listed to 'Team Orford'. We can then support each other easily and focus solely on the task in hand.  Completely wiping the floor with them for the 4 remaining mtts. One last thing, at the start of the game which team captain had a table full of 'absent players'? Hmmmmmmmm!!
    Posted by phil12uk
    ...that'd be the one who Sat-Out until they returned, would it? Even rang Head Office to see if they were genuine disconnects, or just Orford-ers playing terribly. (Hard to know the difference).

And I see you are considering "Team Tactics".

We'll just play the game straight, as we did last night.

I can only recall one Walk given to me last night, & the guy, who I trust with my life, told me he had no hand - 2 high in fact. ;)

I suppose we should expect this nonsense from bad losers.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: TEAM ORFORD- YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKS! : ...that'd be the one who Sat-Out until they returned, would it? Even rang Head Office to see if they were genuine disconnects, or just Orford-ers playing terribly. (Hard to know the difference). And I see you are considering "Team Tactics". We'll just play the game straight, as we did last night. I can only recall one Walk given to me last night, & the guy, who I trust with my life, told me he had no hand - 2 high in fact. ;) I suppose we should expect this nonsense from bad losers.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Needs to be an even playing field and if ur lot are 'bending the rules' and still only just winning, imagine what will happen when we play together!  Also funny how Team Tikay hit the miracle 2 outers on the final table and Gregfishogg managed to 'somehow' hit a 4 outer flush vs me ;) If it wasnt so rigged i'd be permanently in Area 51 after last nights jokeyness! pfft, unreal, unbelievable.........
  • edited November 2009
    setback? face it, youve lost, ur gone, its over!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    spoken as only a true leader can speak my LORD.

oh yes and well done to the LUCKBOX GANG,i mean HECKLERS,i mean WIN BY ANY DASTARDLY MEANS.

we shall have our revenge
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks for the info Tikay.

Will update profile to say Orfordite.

How many players are on each team???