You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Live On TV! Tonight from 7pm with Rich and Ryan ***official show thread***

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
I'm really really good at taking phone calls while playing on Sky Poker :)

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Greetings gang,

Well I'm going for a hat-trick of shows inside a week and I'm having great fun. Two very enjoyable stints with Stuart Rutter and now LIVE tonight on Channel 861 and streamed on this website, I hook up with old sparring partner Ryan Spittles, fresh from his success in the Super Roller on Sunday.

Speaking of the Super Roller- we'll have all the highlights from the final table in the first hour of the show at 7pm , and Ryan is the perfect person to provide the commentary considering he was on it!

I've had some terrific emails and posts during the last couple of shows and I hope that continues this Tuesday. So, you know the score- hand ids , questions etc either on this thread or emailed to skyopen@bskyb.com

And for our latest giveaway of four seats into a mini event (this time Thursday night's Mini Bounty Hunter) I've come up with this question...

What have you proven you can do at the same time as playing a game on Sky Poker?

What have you competently achieved at the same time as being in a game on Sky Poker.com? (NB- by which I mean, not sat temporarily away from the tables, but actively taking your turn when it comes to you).

Here's some things off the top of my head which I know I can do:
    make a meal, visit the bathroom, do live continuity announcements on another TV channel and feed a bottle of milk to a baby. Let's face it, you wouldn't be able to do any of these in live poker!

So, over to you! What kind of things do you do as standard at the same time as playing on Sky Poker and what's the most bizarre thing you've successfully done simultaneously?

Shold be entertaining this topic and actually quite enlightening and instructive too!

And to round off my opener on this thread- here's tonight's full rundown:

7pm – 8pm – TONIGHT ON SKY POKER

£30K Super Roller final table coverage.

8pm – 9pm – Ask the Expert

Questions to Ryan, your hand requests from any TV tables, and plenty of masking the hole cards during this hour.                                                                                                                                                                                                

9pm – 10pm - Sky Poker School

Tonight's topic: playing with a deep stack.

10pm – 11pm – Sky Poker Highlights

Live coverage from the 6K Open

11pm – Midnight – Master Cash

Live late-night action from the Master Cash tables

Look forward to your input and see you at 7pm!
  • edited November 2012
    What have you proven you can do at the same time as playing a game on Sky Poker?

Week in week out I successfully manage to choke on my coffee. laughing, when you read out emails and tweets fom Penfifteen and Slyklist!
    Top Entertainment
    almost as much fun as Scotty/Carlo pronouncing dodgy sounding alias's!

does that count?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Live On TV! Tuesday Night from 7pm with Rich and Ryan ***official show thread***:
    What have you proven you can do at the same time as playing a game on Sky Poker? Week in week out I successfully manage to choke on my coffee. laughing, when you read out emails and tweets fom Penfifteen and Slyklist! Top Entertainment almost as much fun as Scotty/Carlo pronouncing dodgy sounding alias's! does that count?
    Posted by cleansweep

Certainly does, mate. Glad you enjoy the show.

Look forward to more of your messages tonight :-)
  • edited November 2012
    Right, come on then- the show's on tonight. And I have free game seats to give away...

• edited November 2012

".....two very enjoyable stints with Stuart Rutter...."

You never say things like that about me. Why is that?

Take your time, I know it is a difficult question.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Live On TV! Tuesday Night from 7pm with Rich and Ryan ***official show thread***:
    Right, come on then- the show's on tonight. And I have free game seats to give away... What have you proven you can do at the same time as playing a game on Sky Poker?
    Posted by RICHORFORD

Hi mate, look forward to the show... also look forward to hearing some of the more bizarre answers.

I cant think of much i havent done whilst playing poker in the house apart from taking a shower or bath lol. I have had the hoover out cleaning, done dishes, cooked a meal, eaten a meal, fed my son his bottle... changing the nappy is impossible without sitting out mind you lol.

I once successfully painted my dining room and played poker. Which resulted in a new red laptop. The other half wasn't impressed lol.

Have a good show!

EDIT: Have just proven that i can change a nappy while single tabling.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Live On TV! Tuesday Night from 7pm with Rich and Ryan ***official show thread*** : Hi mate, look forward to the show... also look forward to hearing some of the more bizarre answers. I cant think of much i havent done whilst playing poker in the house apart from taking a shower or bath lol. I have had the hoover out cleaning, done dishes, cooked a meal, eaten a meal, fed my son his bottle... changing the nappy is impossible without sitting out mind you lol. I once successfully painted my dining room and played poker. Which resulted in a new red laptop. The other half wasn't impressed lol. Have a good show!
    Posted by smarr
    I've dealt with a blowout mid-game. Resulted in having to disinfect the laptop mind you. Sitting out is probably the way forward.
  • edited November 2012

Hi Rich re: things done whilst playing poker. Does sleeping through a DYM count (and cashing) cos i do this most Saturday nights.
  • edited November 2012
    allegedly a memo sent to skys backroom staff! ON THE ARRIVAL OF RYAN "DIVA" SPITTLES
    Throne placed right of centre stage, tiara to be attached at a rogueishly jaunty angle, iced water available at all times, rich to be seen hanging on every word and nodding in total agreement, plus two, pay as you go phones, one for rich one for scotty so the conversation and analyisis never faltures
    sent by sky dave!
    seriously well done to scotty on his roller cash, have a top show
    multitasking whilst playing poker! Im a bloke nuff said
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Live On TV! Tuesday Night from 7pm with Rich and Ryan ***official show thread*** : I've dealt with a blowout mid-game. Resulted in having to disinfect the laptop mind you. Sitting out is probably the way forward.
    Posted by Llamas

I bet you Paul was embarrassed yeah?
  • edited November 2012
    Loving these answers already. Not only is this a funny topic but it's actually genuinely interesting as what we're capable of multi-tasking whilst still competing in a game. 

Looking forward to many more replies on this subject!

A former analyst on this show once confessed to me that he played an MTT whilst providing live commentary on a tennis match- which I find absolutely incredible.

What makes it even more amazing is, he won the MTT!

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Live On TV! Tonight from 7pm with Rich and Ryan ***official show thread***:
    ".....two very enjoyable stints with Stuart Rutter...." You never say things like that about me. Why is that?   Take your time, I know it is a difficult question.
    Posted by Tikay10
    To be fair, 10 hours with anyone would constitute two very enjoyable stints if they came off the back of doing a show with you.

PS- See you at Luton.

PPS- Love you.
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Rich and Ryan, i live at a pub in a nice town called Barton upon Humber, we run a poker league on a monday night, and during the day i managed to qualify for the 8kbh main event, £22 buy in i believe and this was around August 2011, anyway i decided to play the pub poker game whilst i played on my laptop at the same time, no-one had any objection to this. Anyway our pub game game finished around half 12 which i won :) but at this time i was still playing the 8k bh, there must of been around 10 left in this when everyone in the pub decided to crowd over me whilst i continued to play, i went on to win the main event, for around £1500, so i suppose i have proven that i can win a live game of poker whilst playing online.

Have a good show guys.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Live On TV! Tonight from 7pm with Rich and Ryan ***official show thread***:
    Hi Rich and Ryan, i live at a pub in a nice town called Barton upon Humber, we run a poker league on a monday night, and during the day i managed to qualify for the 8kbh main event, £22 buy in i believe and this was around August 2011, anyway i decided to play the pub poker game whilst i played on my laptop at the same time, no-one had any objection to this. Anyway our pub game game finished around half 12 which i won :) but at this time i was still playing the 8k bh, there must of been around 10 left in this when everyone in the pub decided to crowd over me whilst i continued to play, i went on to win the main event, for around £1500, so i suppose i have proven that i can win a live game of poker whilst playing online. Have a good show guys.
    Posted by murray69
    nice 1 m8,nice brag.
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Rich and Ryan, i live at a pub in a nice town called Barton upon Humber, we run a poker league on a monday night, and during the day i managed to qualify for the 8kbh main event, £22 buy in i believe and this was around August 2011, anyway i decided to play the pub poker game whilst i played on my laptop at the same time, no-one had any objection to this. Anyway our pub game game finished around half 12 which i won :) but at this time i was still playing the 8k bh, there must of been around 10 left in this when everyone in the pub decided to crowd over me whilst i continued to play, i went on to win the main event, for around £1500, so i suppose i have proven that i can win a live game of poker whilst playing online. Have a good show guys.
    Posted by murray69
    Hi Murray,

Barton upon Humber has a very very very nice bridge. You may have noticed it.

I'm jealous.
  • edited November 2012
    after a good cash on sunday in the super roller would like to say thanks for all the support i was getting on final table was happy with the result. especially as i was in 30th wiith 30 left made a decent come back for once. looking forward to watchiing final table on sky tonight and congrats to everyone who cashed. especially scotty 77 ie ryan as he was great fun to talk to whilst we were playing.this been the reason he coudnt answer his phone of course!!! nothing to do with him ignoring richard at all lmao!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2012
    Yes Tikay thought you might be intersted in that, the pub i live at is called the Old Mill aswell which might interest you ;)

• edited November 2012

i can watch channel 861 n play poker at same time :) i get so focused on watching ya show i sometimes forget to play poker but i manage to do both just :P 
  • edited November 2012
    allegedly a memo sent to skys backroom staff! ON THE ARRIVAL OF RYAN "DIVA" SPITTLES Throne placed right of centre stage, tiara to be attached at a rogueishly jaunty angle, iced water available at all times, rich to be seen hanging on every word and nodding in total agreement, plus two, pay as you go phones, one for rich one for scotty so the conversation and analyisis never faltures sent by sky dave! seriously well done to scotty on his roller cash, have a top show multitasking whilst playing poker! Im a bloke nuff said
    Posted by ryderroo
    Ha!  I can confirm that Queen Ryan has visited his subjects by arriving at the studio. You can count on me of course, to take the proverbial out of him this evening for his diva-like behaviour. ;-)

Truly, it's like Tikay: The Next Generation.
  • edited November 2012
    rich how do u know ryan is on tonights show 

is hes phone working lol 
  • edited November 2012
    HI Guys, Have a good show. 
     I'm HOPELESS at multitasking whilst playing poker.  I can multitable now BUT whilst playing I can JUST about manage to watch 861 on stream & play a couple of tables.   If I have the headphones on it's like a big DO NOT DISTURB sign above my head and the family know that I am only to be disturbed in a life/death situation!  
    Couple of Q's for Ryan. Excellent result on Sunday, although I was worried when he went to the top of the leaderboard so early in a such a long MTT.  Was he worried himself,  Or is he comfortable "leading from the front"?  Also, how many times does he reckons he went ALL-IN in the tourney?  Just wondering. 
    I railed for quite a bit but missed the FT so looking forward to the prog tonite.

Pad
  • edited November 2012
    I'm really really good at taking phone calls while playing on Sky Poker :)
    Posted by scotty77

enjoyed playing on the same table Sunday night, shame i got moved to another table. got down to the last 90 players, got it all in with AK and bummed out to K10 ;).
  • edited November 2012
    hi guys have a good un
    While playing poker  I can appear to show genuine interest in the other halfs inane chatter but more importantly I can fill in the pauses with the correct answers 
  • edited November 2012
    Right, come on then- the show's on tonight. And I have free game seats to give away... What have you proven you can do at the same time as playing a game on Sky Poker?
    Posted by RICHORFORD

Looking forward to another night of Ord's banter and wit ;)...

Whilst playing poker i have managed to do a host of different thing's from Cooking roast chicken, playing Football Manager, installing a new thermostat on the lounge radiator and star jumps to burn the calories from all the biscuits i keep munching ;)..

have a good show Rich and Ryan..
  • edited November 2012
    Pretty good at playing fifa while playing skypoker, but have to stop when i get to the higher blind levels :)

Fold- Shoot- Fold-Raise- Shoot, you get the picture sometimes online or just vs the computer which is a bit easier

PS- Come on you Charlton tonight
  • edited November 2012
    I can really multi task, on sundays i will produce a full roast dinner. This usually includes a bounty hunter and a satelite into the promo semi usually quiite sucessfully.
    During the week i can be working, on the phone and paperwork, and giving the kids advice on homework. tina

• edited November 2012
    Hi Guys,

I don't remember seeing if there was a TV icon or not. Are you able to show a hand from the Mini on the monthly roller night (Sunday). If so... cheers :)

Would just generally like your opinion of all streets.
  • edited November 2012
    hiya guys just lettig u know i also sattlelighted in qualified for the semi and scarped through it dot think id have been plying oterwise depends on my mood lol.
  • edited November 2012
    As well as watching and playing i can also update and produce 5 threads on reality TV show markets incl my latest favourite  : Who killed Derek Branning? (Eastenders)

Your old m8 is favourite for one - Denise Van Outen In Strictly - Have you been watching and how do think she,ll do?

Looking forward to the show - Have a good one guys

Paul

Ps - just counting up and on the hour i,ll also have cards for about 14-16 free bingo games over different sites
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Rich and Ryan, while playing on Skypoker i can drink coffee,eat snacks,let my girlfriend know the phone is ringing,shout and ask my girlfriend to put on the kettle,you get the picture Rich.

The best of all this is my other half is quite happy as she can watch all the soaps on tv:and they say men cant multitask.