You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your Tournament....Your Suggestions.... First Tourney in the Schedule now

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Just to add to Chris's poll, Final Table Only is the suggestion that all of the prizepool is paid out to your last six players. :)

Some cracking ideas in that thread by the way - we had trouble narrowing it down, trust me. There's also a little bit of news around one of the other suggestions too, pending a little bit of housekeeping at our end :)

Comments

• edited November 2012
    ok after the your tournament , your suggestion thread the ideas have been looked at and a shortlist drawn up.

Most of them are ‘as suggested’, but a couple of them were given small tweaks around start times or GTDs. We are looking for the top 5 from the poll to go into the schedule – Sky will decide which nights for each of them so it doesn’t clash with other events.

This vote will remain open until Midnight on Sunday 02/12/2012 and hopefully the winning tourneys will be added to the schedule from Monday 03/12/2012

Vote numberBuy-inTimeFormatGTDBlinds (mins)Chips
    1£5.759.30pmDeep B/H£300.00105k
    2£1.109.45pmTurbo £300.0032k
    3£5.508.30pmMega Stack£400.001210k
    4£11.008.45pmFreezeout £300.00103k
    5£1.108.00pmRebuy£150.0052k, 2k Rebuy, 4k Add-On (TBC)
    6£2.209.00pmTimed Omaha£100.0053k
    7£16.509.00pmTurbo£1,500.0052k
    8£11.0010.00pm1 Rebuy/1 AO£750.0052k
    9£5.5010.00pmVelocity£500.0031.5k
    10£3.308.30pmFinal Table Only£250.0051k

PLEASE NOTE THE VOTE IS NOW CLOSED
  • edited November 2012
    The tourney I asked for is tourney 4 and FWIW I think the GTD will make at least 3 times that if not more!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Your Tournament....Your Suggestions.... The Shortlist.... Please vote For Your Favourite:
    The tourney I asked for is tourney 4 and FWIW I think the GTD will make at least 3 times that if not more!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    plus one!
  • edited November 2012
    Velo is my fave, was a close call with the £11 F/O

IMO Velo />£11FO>£16.50 turbo

would be my top 3
  • edited November 2012
    anything turbo please

• edited November 2012
    I,ve gone for timed Omaha and if takes off maybe you could run some £3 and £5 ones
  • edited November 2012
    megastack on a friday,perfect
  • edited December 2012
    megastack not monday or friday please.
  • edited December 2012
    I like the Velo but why has it been changed to a 1.5k starting stack??

I was also tempted by number 10 cos I love tournies with top heavy payouts, makes it much more worthwhile cashing rather than havign to come top 2 to get anything decent but why such a tiny starting stack??

I went for 9 in the end.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to a:
    I like the Velo but why has it been changed to a 1.5k starting stack?? I was also tempted by number 10 cos I love tournies with top heavy payouts, makes it much more worthwhile cashing rather than havign to come top 2 to get anything decent but why such a tiny starting stack?? I went for 9 in the end.
    Posted by Lambert180
    i went with number 3 but also liked number 10.
  • edited December 2012
    Don't forget peeps this vote will stay open until Midnight so still time to get the votes in 
  • edited December 2012
    7,8 and 4 FTW 

• edited December 2012
    Isn't option 3 simply the would-be "mini-roller" that Sky has yet to run on Super-Roller evenings?

Instead of having this tournament, so far the mini on offer has been either the unaltered mini-primo or a mini-bounty hunter.
  • edited December 2012
    ok there we have it this thread is now closed. I'm sure Dave will be along at some point later with all the details

thanks to everyone who suggested tourneys and also to those who took time to vote.
  • edited December 2012
    OK as promised you voted and Sky Poker listened as was always the intention of this whole suggestion / vote the top 5 have been sorted .... plus there's some ,more news coming soon on another tourney suggested, but it involved some housekeeping to make it happen. but Dave will have all the details soon.

Anyway the first tourney you voted for is in the lobby now  CLICK HERE to go straight to the tourney lobby and reg 
  • edited December 2012
    First of all, massive thanks to Scouse Red for being the chairman getting the ideas in. Loads of really good ones in the mix and we're pleased you came up with a real mix of formats and buy-ins.

Here's the schedule we've set up with effect from this evening:

Day  Time Buy-in Format/Name GTD Blinds Chips
    Monday 21:45 £1.10 £300 GTD £300 3 mins 2,000
    Tuesday 20:30 £5.50 Forum Special Leg1  - 7 mins 2,000
    Wednesday 20:45 £11 £400 GTD £400 10 mins 3,000
    Thursday 20:30 £5.50 Forum Special Leg2 - 7 mins 2,000
    Friday 20:30 £5.50 £400 Mega Stack £400 12 mins 10,000
    Saturday 21:00 £2.20 £100 Timed Omaha £100 5 mins 3,000
    Sunday 20:30 Invite Only The Forum Final - 7 mins 2,000
    Sunday 21:00 £16.50 £1500 Turbo £1,500 5 mins 2,000

• edited December 2012
    There are a couple of notes to add to the above.

Firstly - guarantees. Some of those suggested weren't quite realistic, so we lowered them. However, if you consistently hit the guarantee, we will always consider moving them up. On the flip side, if they undersubscribe constanttly, the guarantees will be lowered. I suspect some of these will move up in the not too distant future though if the Community gets behind them ;)
  • edited December 2012

More info on the Forum special leg tournies please. Plus, is the timed omaha PLO or PLO8?
  • edited December 2012

Great to see that sizeable turbo in on the Sunday night, really hope it works! Great night to put it on, and good time slot.

I see tonights comp is also a turbo but has no 500/1k level, which I'm not gonna moan about. Altho I spose that was a moan. moan. moan. etc.

Plz let Sundays big turbo have that level! plzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Your Tournament....Your Suggestions.... First Tourney in the Schedule now:
    More info on the Forum special leg tournies please. Plus, is the timed omaha PLO or PLO8?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Think you'll like it m8 ;) ..... and PLO8 as far as I'm aware
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Your Tournament....Your Suggestions.... First Tourney in the Schedule now:
    In Response to Re: Your Tournament....Your Suggestions.... First Tourney in the Schedule now : Think you'll like it m8 ;) ..... and PLO as far as I'm aware
    Posted by scouse_red

Not if you have to play both nights to qualify for final :(
  • edited December 2012
    [QUOTE]Great to see that sizeable turbo in on the Sunday night, really hope it works! Great night to put it on, and good time slot. I see tonights comp is also a turbo but has no 500/1k level, which I'm not gonna moan about. Altho I spose that was a moan. moan. moan. etc. Plz let Sundays big turbo have that level! plzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

there were some great suggestion JJ and hopefully a mix to please everyone, and at the end of the day it was a forum vote so hopefully they'll all be popular
  • edited December 2012
    Secondly, the rather cryptic Forum Special...

This one might take a bit of explaining, but it's a pretty interesting format and gives the Community its own tournament which Channel 861 has said it will support when possible. 

There are two Legs to the Forum Special on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Each of them are £5.50. They will show up in the lobby as £2.50 + £3 fees.

WHAT??!!! £3 Fees??!!!!

Steady on, there's a twist ;)

£2.50 + £3 should actually be more like £2.50 + £2.50 + 50p.

£2.50 will go into that night's prizepool (either the Tuesday or Thursday), with the other £2.50 going into the kitty for Sunday night's final. The final will be for 6 players, with those with the lowest combined scores of their finish positions on the Tuesday and Thursday put into the Sunday final.

Say you get 100 runners on both nights - that's a total of £500 (200 x £2.50) going into the Sunday final, with all six players earning a slice of that prizepool. That obviously sits on top of any money they would have won in the two qualifying legs. Can't be too bad for £11, right?

Channel 861 will aim to pop into this tournament and give you a bit of exposure on Sky Poker TV too.

• edited December 2012
    This Tues/Thurs/Sun tournament format will be for the Community. A new thread will be set up and run by myself and Chris. The tourneys will be passworded too, with the details going out on the same thread. That way the tournament stays as another way for Community players to get their play aired on 861.
  • edited December 2012
    This Tues/Thurs/Sun tournament format will be for the Community. A new thread will be set up and run by myself and Chris. The tourneys will be passworded too, with the details going out on the same thread. That way the tournament stays as another way for Community players to get their play aired on 861.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    like this,sounds a bit like my idea.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Your Tournament....Your Suggestions.... First Tourney in the Schedule now : like this,sounds a bit like my idea.
    Posted by mkgunner
    it was taken from yours mate with a bit of "housekeeping" done and Sky Dave banging heads together so he said :P 
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Your Tournament....Your Suggestions.... First Tourney in the Schedule now : like this,sounds a bit like my idea.
    Posted by mkgunner
    It is indeed your idea, MK, with a couple of little tweaks along the way. :)
  • edited December 2012
    all looks good,do i get free entry into first final :-)lol.
  • edited December 2012
    Some nice additions.  WD to all involved.
  • edited December 2012
    Think the idea of the forum special is a brilliant one, was trying to come up with a similar idea on the TPT website forum for a team special mtt (bragging rights)..

To actually see this in action is brilliant, will be an added extra to sky for certain, and to have 861 on board to air it, will give us lower stake players the chance of some air time to get our plays analysed (only way that's possible at the moment is to SAT into the main event).
    Brilliant IMO.

Also glad to see the Mega stack on a friday night, which was my own idea WIIIIIIIIII.
    Can only mean positive things for me, as i normally spend about £40 up the pub / club fridays. Gives me an excuse to stay in, plus will please the misses (well might do lol).