You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WHAT ARE YOUR POKER GOALS FOR 2013

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Last year I put mine on 2+2 but... i'll give it a go on here for 2013. 

... in a nut... Satalitte Bink a WSOP seat

• edited December 2012
    I missed one out - learn some new variations of the game.

Non poker related goals;
    Sleep less!
    Go to devils pool in Zimbabwe. That place looks insane!
  • edited December 2012
    Take down that jackpot.  It taunts me.

On a slightly more realistic note as Im still quite new to this.

1) Win a main on sky.  2nd this year.  One more place and im there.
    2) Love rancids comment - stop calling to confirm reads.  WHY DO I DO IT?
    3) Sort out BR.
    4) Dont play when tilted - playing angry is not good.
    5) Make sure I never take it too seriously.  Poker is a game and should be enjoyed.  Sometimes I can forget that
    6) Play a live event - I have never played one.  Rookie eh?!
  • edited December 2012
    My aim for 2013 is...

Have 12 / 12 winning months on DYMs without using C4P
    Make it onto "Any game by network" leaderboard on Sharkscope
    Make it onto the overall $16 - $35 double or nothing leaderboard (No Sky player has ever made it on at this level)
    Make Priority every month.

The priority aim could be the hardest for me... I am currently playing a mixture of £11 and £16.50 DYMs and last month I only made 5100 C4P as I only play 4 at a time. Next year I'm going to move to £16.50 and £22 so I will need to up the volume slightly.
  • edited December 2012

as a fairly low stakes player who has improved my online game in 2012, my goals for 2013 are, to have 12 profitable months, to win a mini main, to final table a main and finally to cash in an SPT! would be lovely to achieve all of these but i think it may be a little optimisitc  

• edited December 2012
    good thread,

will give it some more thought over christmas but at present goals would be;

short term;
    enjoy playing
    improve in-game thought processes
    improve online MTT focus

long term;
    play the irish open & at least one other major
    FT a UKIPT main event
    fitter, healthier & more productive
  • edited December 2012
    Great thread

I plan to play on sky a lot more next year and also want to play more live so my goals are

Sort out BR management
    Make an SPT final table
    Win a daily main (got 2nd in a monthly roller this year)
    Get top 20 on sharkscope scheduled by network profit on sky
    Win $10k in an individual tournament (I have a few $8k/$9k scores)

I will steal one from Julians....fitter, healthier and more productive

Ideally I also want to play the WSOP main event again was such a good experience

Would be an awesome year if I can achieve the above

Good luck with everyone achieving their goals!
  • edited December 2012

1, Play less, enjoy it more.
    2, Win an 8pm Main Event on Sky
    3, Make it to Vegas for the WSOP
    4, Play a UKIPT event
    5, I'll steal one of Julians too - fitter, healthier and more productive
    6, Spend more time with my wife and family

• edited December 2012
    oh that's the one i plagiarized from radiohead...
  • edited December 2012
    I dont set goals... setting goals is only setting yourself up for failure :) GL all.
  • edited December 2012
    das depends on ze goals
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: WHAT ARE YOUR POKER GOALS FOR 2013:
    My aim for 2013 is... Have 12 / 12 winning months on DYMs without using C4P Make it onto "Any game by network" leaderboard on Sharkscope Make it onto the overall $16 - $35 double or nothing leaderboard (No Sky player has ever made it on at this level) Make Priority every month. The priority aim could be the hardest for me... I am currently playing a mixture of £11 and £16.50 DYMs and last month I only made 5100 C4P as I only play 4 at a time. Next year I'm going to move to £16.50 and £22 so I will need to up the volume slightly.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I did in 2011, although granted the games were alot softer then, and according to sharkscope 18and5time made it as well

Would have been alot higher if I had played them all year :-(
  • edited December 2012
    Get a Hendon Mob Flag
    want to play in a ukipt
    go to an spt
    get a decent enough bink to take family on hols(only had 2 last year)
    Grinding more as been lazy the past month
    and in general just keep improving as a player
  • edited December 2012
    just 2 for me

I think I achieved 1 or 2 of my 2012 goals but most I didn't because of :

even though it has been a profitable year, I've fallen out of love for the game.
    so the main aim is to get back the enjoyment/love for poker
    how I do that is anyone's guess

go to and play in a live Sky event or go to DTD in Nottingham which isn't too far away.

Good luck to everyone here. Still love the site/forum.

Have a great Christmas and great New Year.

David
  • edited April 2013
    Hey all,

I was thinking about this thread earlier today and I couldn't even remember my own goals, so I thought I'd go on the hunt, find this thread and give it a bump

We're 4 months into the year and how is everyone doing?

I've yet to FT an SPT and yet to cash for £500. I have played some live cash now albeit, not very successfully. I have been playing a bit more live this year but hoping to do even more. I'd probably now add to my list that I wanna FT a ME on Sky.

The closest I'm coming to a meeting a goal is that I've gone from 4NL to 30NL and am heading in the right direction to get to 50NL before the year is out

You on target for supernova Perc? How is everyone else doing?
  • edited April 2013
    my poker goal for 2013 is to find a poker site with a wider variety of tournaments than sky
  • edited April 2013
    I'm trying to make £30k from 20nl.  Touch wood on target so far.  £40k would be better!
  • edited April 2013
    I'm trying to make £30k from 20nl.  Touch wood on target so far.  £40k would be better!
    Posted by Donttelmum

What ya gonna do for the last 6 months of the year then mate ? :)

Good luck
  • edited April 2013
    My progress report after 4 months.

1, Play less, enjoy it more. - DONE
    2, Win an 8pm Main Event on Sky - Had a 2nd, 8th and 9th so far which isn't bad considering I've played very few
    3, Make it to Vegas for the WSOP - unlikely to happen this year unless I can bink a seat with Sky
    4, Play a UKIPT event - Not yet but will hopefully happen later in year.
    5, I'll steal one of Julians too - fitter, healthier and more productive - 1 out of 3
    6, Spend more time with my wife and family - working on it.

I also had a target to get my Sharkscope ability to 80 which I have finally managed :)

• edited April 2013
    Great thread I plan to play on sky a lot more next year and also want to play more live so my goals are
    Sort out BR management - Looking good so far
    Make an SPT final table - Played 1, 1 fail!
    Win a daily main (got 2nd in a monthly roller this year) Done
    Get top 20 on sharkscope scheduled by network profit on sky - Currently no. 1 so looking good so far
    Win $10k in an individual tournament (I have a few $8k/$9k scores) Still no $10k win, had a $7k win
    I will steal one from Julians....fitter, healthier and more productive Epic fail!
    Ideally I also want to play the WSOP main event again was such a good experience
    Would be an awesome year if I can achieve the above Good luck with everyone achieving their goals!
    Posted by MattBates
    Good bump with this thread Lambert, I made the goals but then haven't tracked anything which kind of defeats the point of setting them in the first place!
  • edited April 2013
    well back in early December i said my goals were to continue playing DYM's and continue building my b/roll...

haven't played a single DYM (from memory) this year..

b/roll has increased by £13.74 this year.  lol  (due to changing to playing cash)

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    win more flips
  • edited April 2013
    2012 goals revisited

All of these were a fail in 2012 but what i have put in Red are the 2013 achievements

1) Back to proper BR management  [is a lot better but not as i would like it ]
    2) Cash for more than £ 6,000        [not quite but was very close in Vegas ]
    3) Get to 12 Hendon mob flags       [ got to ten]
    4) Win an SPT.                              [ FAIL]
    5) Final table a Dusk till dawn comp [ Got to the live table in the APAT stud came 4th]
    6) Win a APAT event.                      [ FAIL]
    7) Play more cash                         [ this has been a good move play mostly live has seen some nice returns]
    8) Have more than 4months with a + bankroll at the end of the month [ WIN]
    9) Go to Vegas.                              [ BIG win had a great time]
    10) play a big comp outside the UK. [ Played the wynn classic in Vegas]
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: WHAT ARE YOUR POKER GOALS FOR 2013 : What ya gonna do for the last 6 months of the year then mate ? :) Good luck
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    Haha!  I get excited at the thought of a day off let alone 6 months.  Hope your running well buddy!
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by Donttelmum

Really? What kind of volume are you putting in?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: WHAT ARE YOUR POKER GOALS FOR 2013 : Really? What kind of volume are you putting in?
    Posted by OMahonyO

I play alot Mahony but get alot of haters for this.  Ave 70-90 hrs per week.  Going to play less hours when new points system comes in.  Less tables and concentrate on win rate.  GL sir.

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: WHAT ARE YOUR POKER GOALS FOR 2013 : I play alot Mahony but get alot of haters for this.  Ave 70-90 hrs per week.  Going to play less hours when new points system comes in.  Less tables and concentrate on win rate.  GL sir.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    who hates on you for this??? probably people who are to bone idol to put any hours in, i admire your dedication!!!
  • edited April 2013
    My unadvertised goals were

1. Get my Scope into the green (started off negative as winning a super sat into the roller didn't show through, but the roller loss did). Very recently went green!

2. Stay off the cash tables (was spewing off too much at 20 and 30NL, can't be trusted with />100BB!) until I can invest time to learn the discipline. Have played 4 and 10NL in the background of MTTs through boredom, small positive results and less spewing but shouldn't be doing this.

3. Learn to play Omaha and Hi-Lo. Dabbled in the former at 4NL wouldn't be confident in MTTs just yet. Have read the rules of Hi-Lo but not yet started.

4. Final table a main event on TV night. Achieved, disappointed to finish 6th though.

5. Be in the running for mini and main post 10pm break on a TV night (basically like my name being read out!). Don't play both often, haven't made it yet.

6. Cash for over £500 in an MTT. Nope.

7. Play fewer satellites. Getting there.

8. Make an SPT. Played London, great fun.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: WHAT ARE YOUR POKER GOALS FOR 2013 : who hates on you for this??? probably people who are to bone idol to put any hours in, i admire your dedication!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573

Thanks ROCKS.  I don't want to name names but they are mostly regs.  Its usually along the lines of...get out more and get a life.  Little do they know I play football for a dedicated team and gym 4 times a week and like to squeeze in a big night out now and then.  Plus my car is getting alot of work done at the mo so everything I make will be going on that this month.  Been to the Toon game tonight.  Great game, great atmosphere.  Shame about my overs bet.

Thank you for the kind words!