You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tuesday Night Live on Sky Poker TV Ch 861 with Richmond (Rich and Redmond) ***the show thread***

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat

Jingle Ma, Jingle Ma, Jingle all the way,
Oh what fun it is to raise Jingle-Ma every day.....

Do I get a prize, Rich?

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Hi gang,

First show's up for the week and we've got another beauty.

Starting from 7pm it's five hours of poker-fuelled entertainment and heading up the show is myself, Richard Orford and my partner-in-crime (presuming he's actually stopped being ill now) Redmond Lee.

Here's what we have for you...

7pm

Live Master Cash coverage.

8pm

Ask the Expert – So get your questions in plus hand requests from any TV tables, and remember, on your request, we can mask your opponents' hole cards so we analyse the hand from your perspective and try to put a range on the villian.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

9pm – Sky Poker School

Topic- Sit And Goes!

We're generating a special 6 seater £10 +£1 SNG in the lobby at 8.45pm and following it all the way with advice from Redmond on how to play them. If you'd like to to be in that game you know what to do!

10pm

Live coverage of the 6K Open

11pm

Finishing off the night with live action from the Master Cash tables

As ever, you can use this thread to post your thoughts/questions/hand requests/ramblings etc etc. Or you can email in to skyopen@bskyb.com or Tweet with the hashtag SkyPokerTV.

And I've got 4 Mini Bounty Hunter seats for Thursday night's game to give away too and they'll go to my favourite answers to these:

(1) Poker idiosyncracies

What do you do when playing poker online or offline that's unique to you?

Do you always sit in the same seat? Do you always have a particular card protector? Do you always enter a live MTT in the third level? Do you go through a particular ritual of actions before announcing your action? Do you switch the chat off on Sky generally but always speak in it when a particular thing happens? Or do you do something else which generally other peope don't? etc etc!

And for a bit of fun:

(2) Xmas Poker Number Ones

In the poker pop chart- what song would be Number 1 this Xmas?

I'm looking for funny/clever poker puns on classic Xmas songs. E.g. Jingle Blinds, Frosty The Snowmen (88), I Saw Mommy Re-Raising Santa Claus, Poker Nuts Boasting On An Open Forum, Do They Know It's A Rebuy? by Band Aid etc etc.

Any tunes you like- whether they're old standards or modern pop songs and if you can't think of one to do with Xmas then just go for any song that you can make a poker connection to e.g. There's No Limit by Two Unlimited. Just as long as it's not the obvious ones please- e.g. Poker Face by Lady Gaga or The Gambler!)

Get creative and look forward to your input!

• edited December 2012

Ru-dohh the red-nosed Rein-dohhh
  • edited December 2012
    last christmas i gave you my hearts.....
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live on Sky Poker TV Ch 861 with Richmond (Rich and Redmond) ***the show thread***:
    Ru-dohh the red-nosed Rein-dohhh
    Posted by Tikay10

Lol! Not bad.............for you.

;-)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live on Sky Poker TV Ch 861 with Richmond (Rich and Redmond) ***the show thread***:
    last christmas i gave you my hearts.....
    Posted by RLT16
    Excellent!

We're off and running...
  • edited December 2012
    I Don't Want Your Freeroll by Wham!

Sleep In Satellites by Tamsin Archer

Bad Beat It by Michael Jackson
  • edited December 2012
    Jingle Ma, Jingle Ma, Jingle all the way, Oh what fun it is to raise Jingle-Ma every day..... Do I get a prize, Rich?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    No.

Next question?
  • edited December 2012
    Little Donk-ey

I'll stop now...
  • edited December 2012

Chips start rippling, are you listening?
    On the flop, nothing frightening,
    We dont play tight, 
    So shove in light,

...playing in a Thewy wonderland.

Congrats to Julian BTW on taking yet another tournament down on Sunday night/Monday morning at DTD.

To be continued.
  • edited December 2012
    Chips start rippling, are you listening? On the flop, nothing frightening, We dont play tight,  So shove in light, ...playing in a Thewy wonderland. Congrats to Julian BTW on taking yet another tournament down on Sunday night/Monday morning at DTD. To be continued.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Nice, Alan. Like it.

Yeah, lyrics are good too, not just song titles everyone!

"With Hoggs on the fire and gifts on the tree, it's time to rejoice in the good that we see..."

Sorry, Gregg! Lol! See you at Luton ;-)
  • edited December 2012
    Frostys holding snowmen,
    And hes going to see the flop,
    watch out for RLT,
    You dont know what hes got
    better get your chips In,
    before you go behind
    you never know on the turn,
    What he is gonna find,
    to late now you fluffed it,
    RLT is all in,
    your 8's are good for nothing.
    so throw them in the bin.

ha im not gonna lie im proud of this :D
  • edited December 2012

All i want for christmas is U...KOPS

• edited December 2012
    To the tune of Walking in the Air (from the Snowman)

We're leading out with air
    We're floating in position on skyyyy
    The railers far below are commenting as we fly

I'm folding very tight
    I'm grinding in the midnight blue
    I'm finding I can bluff with anything above Seven Twoooo

Far across the world
    The tournaments go by like dreams
    The rivers and the turns, the flops and players' steam

Children gaze open mouthed
    At Tikay in Santa guise
    Nobody, on 861, believes their watering eyes

----------------------------------------------------------------

I could go on, but realise, this is fairly tragic.

Hope Reds is better and you both have a good show

Dan
  • edited December 2012
    I knew you guys wouldn't let me down!

Keep them coming please!
  • edited December 2012
    Live show tonight!

7pm Channel 861.

Any Sit and Go questions for Redmond?

Any hand requests from a TV icon table?

Any poker idiosyncracies you want to tell us about? (see opening post)

And what's your poker Xmas No.1? Best ones will win seats into Thursday's mini bounty hunter.

:-)
  • edited December 2012
    i don,t want to play sky poker,i don't, want to see the flop,i don't want no bad beat stories,cause all i want for Christmas is Ryan spittels yep he will do xxx
  • edited December 2012
    A hand from last night's main.  Firstly, I played this terribly. Massoud (he went on to win) was being a nightmare, floating, calling raises and shoving a lot of rivers... I tried to get cute, keep the pot small, and see if I could catch a monster, which I did, then I buckled, to another one of his shoves.

If he didn't have a full-house, I think I'll cry...

Hand #593503671

Thanks guys.  Dan
  • edited December 2012
    A hand from last night's main.  Firstly, I played this terribly. Massoud (he went on to win) was being a nightmare, floating, calling raises and shoving a lot of rivers... I tried to get cute, keep the pot small, and see if I could catch a monster, which I did, then I buckled, to another one of his shoves. If he didn't have a full-house, I think I'll cry... Hand #593503671 Thanks guys.  Dan
    Posted by dtm75
    Thanks Dan- hopefully we'll do that hand in Ask The Expert between 8 and 9pm
  • edited December 2012
    3 hours to the show!

Get 'em in!
  • edited December 2012
    Jingle tells, jingle tells
    Give your hand away.
    Oh what fun it is to raise
    When I know what cards you play, hey!
  • edited December 2012
    hey guys have a great show as always this is all i could come up with

The 5 days of poker Xmas

one the 1st day of xmas Sky Poker gave to me
    a seat to the Luton SPT

on the 2nd day of xmas sky poker gave to me

2 flopped full houses
    and a seat to the Luton SPT

on the 3rd day of xmas sky poker gave to me

3 coolers on the run
    2 flopped full houses

on the 4th day of xmas sky poker gave to me

4 big blind monsters
    3 coolers on the run
    2 flopped full houses

on the 5th day of xmas sky poker gave to me

5 all in flips
    4 big blind monsters
    3 coolers on the run
    2 flopped full houses
  • edited December 2012
    hey guys have a great show as always this is all i could come up with The 5 days of poker Xmas one the 1st day of xmas Sky Poker gave to me a seat to the Luton SPT on the 2nd day of xmas sky poker gave to me 2 flopped full houses and a seat to the Luton SPT on the 3rd day of xmas sky poker gave to me 3 coolers on the run 2 flopped full houses and a seat to the Luton SPT on the 4th day of xmas sky poker gave to me 4 big blind monsters 3 coolers on the run 2 flopped full houses and a seat to the Luton SPT on the 5th day of xmas sky poker gave to me 5 all in flips 4 big blind monsters 3 coolers on the run 2 flopped full houses and a seat to the Luton SPT
    Posted by scouse_red
    You shoud have played last nights Sit n Go 10 handed mate.  TRIP5, SAMANTHA25, GBUK and YIDDETTE09.

Talk about 4 calling birds ;)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live on Sky Poker TV Ch 861 with Richmond (Rich and Redmond) ***the show thread*** : You shoud have played last nights Sit n Go 10 handed mate.  TRIP5, SAMANTHA25, GBUK and YIDDETTE09. Talk about 4 calling birds ;)
    Posted by PenFifteen
    Lol! Expecting great things from you tonight, Adrian re-Xmas No.1s!

No pressure...
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live on Sky Poker TV Ch 861 with Richmond (Rich and Redmond) ***the show thread*** : You shoud have played last nights Sit n Go 10 handed mate.  TRIP5, SAMANTHA25, GBUK and YIDDETTE09. Talk about 4 calling birds ;)
    Posted by PenFifteen
    boooooooooom nice one lol
  • edited December 2012
    Richard, the only SKY Poker xmas Carlo I want to hear this year is:-

Good Kings, wins at last!!!
    on the feast of UKOPS

I couldn't get hold of a TV times, but i'm sure I heard you were doing the Xmas show With Jen Mason.
    I believe it was in the Xmas Elf and Beauty magazine

Have a Great Show Guys!!!

• edited December 2012
    (1) Poker idiosyncracies

when i sit on a table i have to change seats as  my favoute is bottom left dunno y 

and when i go all in i have to do a phil laak and put hoodie or t-shirt over my face n when i win fist pump the air :) 

have a good show rich n reds 
  • edited December 2012
    Sing In the tune of - Merry Chrismas Everyone...................

Players Fallin, All around me
    Near the bubble, its so much fun
    Tis the reason, i'm makin all my raises
    Soon we'll have this - Tourney won.

(1) Poker idiosyncracies
    When I shove All-In, I uncheck the "Muck Losing Hands" Box - I did it once and won my all-in so it's become a bit of a bad habbit or a good one lol

When I need some "Rest & Relaxation its got to be R&R "Rich & Redmond"

Have a great show
  • edited December 2012
    Rich could you just give a mention to the new forum special tourny. leg one is tonight at 8.30 and leg 2 on Thurs all the details including the password are on the forum In GPC 

It'a a chance for all forum regs to get a bit of TV time too :) 
  • edited December 2012
    Rich could you just give a mention to the new forum special tourny. leg one is tonight at 8.30 and leg 2 on Thurs all the details including the password are on the forum In GPC  It'a a chance for all forum regs to get a bit of TV time too :) 
    Posted by scouse_red
    But it's a forum competition. Advertising it on the telly would be against the principle, surely?

(This is just a rub, btw. No reason not to say it on the telly)
  • edited December 2012
    hi guys, my fav xmas song is..... the power of check raising by frankie goes to hollywood :P