You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GOING FOR PRIORITY...playing £3 & £2 DYM.c4p...3788

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Hi Dev

Would suggest just playing the 3's. 
rake is high anyway but absolute killer lower than 3's

Comments

• edited December 2012

ok,so i'm going to try and make 'priority' for the 1st time,playing £3 & £2 DYM's only.
    not sure if i will do it,but playing 18 tables i think it's possible.
    why?
          after losing £38 last Friday,then £31 & £58 on Saturday playing £5's & £3's
          i've decided to drop down levels,play more tables and see how we go.

c4p so far...
                     sat 522 (playing £3's & £5's admittedly)
                     sun 417 (£3's & £2's)
                    mon 132         "
                           -------
                    total 1071

my plan is to hit the tables hard for 2 weeks & see just how many points i can get.
    i am also hoping that if i can get the 10,000 points needed on or around the 25th/26th then i can have a few days off from playing and then should hopefully be fresh again and repeat next month.

Sunday managed a reasonable £21.15 win & today £3.20 both whilst running pretty bad tbh,so happy with that.
    also,
           rather than continually having to press the 'fold' button,i have found it so much easier and therefore better by simply letting the 'time bar' run out on any tables that i'm simply not interested in playing.
    so apologies to all players that i play,but it has made such a big difference for me and i also think that if sky do ever get around to giving us re-sizable tables,  lol, i think i'd be able to manage 24 tables,12 on each screen,playing this way.

that's it for now,
                          i'll post up every few days as to how it's going.

i know that this probably looks like/is a backward step that i am taking atm,but that's fine.this may well not work out anyway,but i think it's worth a try.
    i did have a good November,but most of the money i made came i'm sure from the £3's & not the £5's anyway,
    so it's not quite as drastic a step as it might first look,i feel.

run good people...
    and me.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    Wow, this is gonna be some grind Dev.

4000 DYM's required at the £2/3 level to reach the magic 10000 points.

12 tables running at an average 1/2 hour per game, you're gonna need 40 odd hours per week so about 6/7 hours a day.

Tough, but if there's one chap I can think of who's up to it.........

Best of luck, regular updates please ;)

edit..

18 tables!!! Makes it a lot easier on the time front. Do that many games run at once though?
  • edited December 2012
    good luck with that m8 thats serious volume I would probably be carted off mumbling incoherently after a week
    108 £3  games a day if my maths is right the funnf farm beckons :-)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: GOING FOR PRIORITY...playing £3 & £2 DYM.:
    Hi Dev Would suggest just playing the 3's.  rake is high anyway but absolute killer lower than 3's
    Posted by Jac35
    hi mate,
    yes but the £2's give three c4p the same as the £3's
    i've done the maths as long as i can win 3/5 60% i'll be ok.
    cheers
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    Wow, this is gonna be some grind Dev. 4000 DYM's required at the £2/3 level to reach the magic 10000 points. 12 tables running at an average 1/2 hour per game, you're gonna need 40 odd hours per week so about 6/7 hours a day. Tough, but if there's one chap I can think of who's up to it......... Best of luck, regular updates please ;) edit.. 18 tables!!! Makes it a lot easier on the time front. Do that many games run at once though?
    Posted by SJspanky1
    hi sj,
    ty
    yes mate 18 tables available all day long.
    should be fun  lol
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    good luck with that m8 thats serious volume I would probably be carted off mumbling incoherently after a week 108 £3  games a day if my maths is right the funnf farm beckons :-)
    Posted by gixxerk4
    ty gix
    think i should have been put in the 'funny farm' years ago.  lol
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    Guess we're going to be sharing a few tables this month !

GL mate
    Mick
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: GOING FOR PRIORITY...playing £3 & £2 DYM. : hi mate, yes but the £2's give three c4p the same as the £3's i've done the maths as long as i can win 3/5 60% i'll be ok. cheers dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Cool
    Good luck mate
  • edited December 2012
    Guess we're going to be sharing a few tables this month ! GL mate Mick
    Posted by VespaPX
    lol

hi Mick
    ty mate,
    run good buddy
    :)
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: GOING FOR PRIORITY...playing £3 & £2 DYM. : Cool Good luck mate
    Posted by Jac35
    thanks buddy
  • edited December 2012
    just as i started playing the 5.50 ones aswell, i was looking forward to bumping into you some more
  • edited December 2012
    just as i started playing the 5.50 ones aswell, i was looking forward to bumping into you some more
    Posted by RLT16
    sorry mate,

you never know i could be back there soon,

best wishes,
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    well im not really rolled for 5.50 but seem to get better results there but when i start losing ill be dropping back down to 3.30 or 2.25.

TBH though im not gonna miss you up at 5 to much gets annoying knowing that theres only 2 winning spots left before the games started :D even worse when johnconnors there to 4 guys fighting for 1 spot :D
  • edited December 2012
    Good luck!

Don't let the aim of priority ruin your profitability though! If you start to regularly have break even sessions and stop winning as much as you are now then you should knock it on the head and concentrate on profits. You've said your aim is to move through the levels, so making priority from £5 and £11 DYMs with the amount you play should be easily reachable without losing an edge.
  • edited December 2012
    enjoy the boredom
  • edited December 2012
    Good luck! Don't let the aim of priority ruin your profitability though! If you start to regularly have break even sessions and stop winning as much as you are now then you should knock it on the head and concentrate on profits. You've said your aim is to move through the levels, so making priority from £5 and £11 DYMs with the amount you play should be easily reachable without losing an edge.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    ty mate,
    yeah,no worries,
    just running so bad thought i'd drop levels try something different tbh.
    if needed i'll play a few sessions at £5 level at the end of the month for the extra points.
    nothing is set in stone,so i can always 'tweak it' here and there.
    happy to try something new and keep it fresh
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    This would be an amazing accomplishment if u manage it, best of luck!
  • edited December 2012
    Hi Devon.
    Talk about setting yourself a target - Wow

This is going to be a tough ask m8y - would be a great achievement though

Wish you all the best m8y - keep us up to date.

Good Luck
  • edited December 2012
    i know you like a challenge, so why not try it at the 60p dym lol. i think its do able but will take a fair few hours. i dont know what your regular schedule of playing is and wether you need to up your playing hours by much to keep on track for it or what. if you do need to add in a couple of extra hours or 2 most days than you are currently playing then you might find that this could be the biggest problem to overcome. 

a few quick calculations means you need to be averaging 400 points per day if you hope to have a few days off at the end which means your looking to play about 130 games per day.

best of luck, if theres anyone that could grind it out on the low levels its you.
  • edited December 2012
    Wow good luck with this - guess I'll see you on every single DYM I was intending to play this month... will try not to dish out too many bad beats!

After playing a large wedge of £2/£3s over the weekend while too injured for footy I did find myself briefly mulling over how many points I could get from doing a similar thing... I have loads of holiday to use up before the year end so will have lots of time to kill...

...But it didn't take much thought to realise I could never keep my head on it long enough to make priority. Not helped by being on a laptop that really struggles past 6 tables - something dodgy with the Sky software as another site could easily run 12+ tables on the same laptop?

All the best though, really hope you make it as it'd be an awesome achievement :)
  • edited December 2012
    I feel pain for you already. I simply couldn't do it. Best of luck as always Dev, you're a true DYM grinder
  • edited December 2012
    something dodgy with the Sky software as another site could easily run 12+ tables on the same laptop? 
    Posted by shakinaces
    THIS!!!!!!!! 
  • edited December 2012
    wouldn't bother Dev - priotiy is only good if you in it for 3 months +

The only thing I got out of it was cashing in both of the priotiy freerolls -_-
  • edited December 2012
    gl dev......you sick sick man :)
  • edited December 2012
    This would be an amazing accomplishment if u manage it, best of luck!
    Posted by poppy765
    ty poppy.i'll do my best.
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    enjoy the boredom
    Posted by sighcall
    will do
    actually tbh playing 18 tables it's surprising just how quick 3 hours or so goes.
    yeah i'll be tired afterwards but i'll recover by the next day.
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    Hi Devon. Talk about setting yourself a target - Wow This is going to be a tough ask m8y - would be a great achievement though Wish you all the best m8y - keep us up to date. Good Luck
    Posted by POKERTREV
    ty poker trev
    will do m8.
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    i know you like a challenge, so why not try it at the 60p dym lol. i think its do able but will take a fair few hours. i dont know what your regular schedule of playing is and wether you need to up your playing hours by much to keep on track for it or what. if you do need to add in a couple of extra hours or 2 most days than you are currently playing then you might find that this could be the biggest problem to overcome.  a few quick calculations means you need to be averaging 400 points per day if you hope to have a few days off at the end which means your looking to play about 130 games per day. best of luck, if theres anyone that could grind it out on the low levels its you.
    Posted by TINTIN
    thanks tintin,
    i can always play some £5's if needed,but i think i'll be ok.
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    Wow good luck with this - guess I'll see you on every single DYM I was intending to play this month... will try not to dish out too many bad beats! After playing a large wedge of £2/£3s over the weekend while too injured for footy I did find myself briefly mulling over how many points I could get from doing a similar thing... I have loads of holiday to use up before the year end so will have lots of time to kill... ...But it didn't take much thought to realise I could never keep my head on it long enough to make priority. Not helped by being on a laptop that really struggles past 6 tables - something dodgy with the Sky software as another site could easily run 12+ tables on the same laptop? All the best though, really hope you make it as it'd be an awesome achievement :)
    Posted by shakinaces
    ty buddy,
    yeah,i bought myself an i7 earlier this year(£580 all-in) as my old pc was lagging at 6 tables.best pressie i've ever bought.  lol
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    I feel pain for you already. I simply couldn't do it. Best of luck as always Dev, you're a true DYM grinder
    Posted by patwalshh
    ty Pat,
    yes,it's a challenge m8,but as long as my old body holds up i should be ok.  lol
    dev