You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***Sit and Go*** Discussion to boost liquidity

2»

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: ***Sit and Go*** Discussion to boost liquidity:
    Haven't read through all the replies so I dunno if I'm repeating what someone has said here, but here was my reply when Ryan posted it on FB... Put a mini jackpot on them. I know some other 'not so great' sites do this but it would definitely encourage people to play them. Ones I used to do were 12 runners, $2.40 (I think) and if you won 4 in a row, you got $2,000. I once won 3 in a row, then took a bad beat 3 handed in my 4th one ...sigh. But yeah it definitely made me wanna play them more. Just say £2.20 10-seaters, win 4 in a row and get £75. Not gonna happen that often and even if it means they run 10 times per day more than they do now that's £20 per day of rake, and it wont get won everyday, no way
    Posted by Lambert180
    yeah i like this
  • edited December 2012
    The ability to have private sng's. Many of the forum regs play forum sng usually 10 seater £2 games late night / early morning at weekends and a table is picked and linked posted up elsewhere. Thi usually fills up quite quickly but you inevetably get a couple of interlopers. Where as this is not a problem the game usually has a certain amount of banter attached to it which outsiders feel left out from or possibly feel that they are being colluded against. Make it possible like the team mtt's that a person can start a game and add a password to it to reserve the game for those that want in and dont mind/enjoy the banter. This is also known on some other sites as a "home game" or "freinds game".
    Posted by aiken2001
    +1

I've ran 3 forum HU championships and it's always a real pain trying to get your game set up with your opponent with random people joining. Although I don't think that's gonna make loads more SnGs run.
  • edited December 2012
    Haven't read through all the replies so I dunno if I'm repeating what someone has said here, but here was my reply when Ryan posted it on FB... Put a mini jackpot on them. I know some other 'not so great' sites do this but it would definitely encourage people to play them. Ones I used to do were 12 runners, $2.40 (I think) and if you won 4 in a row, you got $2,000. I once won 3 in a row, then took a bad beat 3 handed in my 4th one ...sigh. But yeah it definitely made me wanna play them more. Just say £2.20 10-seaters, win 4 in a row and get £75. Not gonna happen that often and even if it means they run 10 times per day more than they do now that's £20 per day of rake, and it wont get won everyday, no way
    Posted by Lambert180
    + 1 to this, will defo increase numbers.
  • edited December 2012
    A league system much like the K4C promotion a couple of months ago would be good. Obviously at different buyins and probably reward performance rather than volume but I guess both would be included as Sky are here to make money. If you play a 6 man SNG and come 6th you get 1 point if you come 1st you get 6 points and see who has the best average, points divided by games. With a minimum of 100 games over a month or something like that. 
    Posted by BUFC
    why not take this idea and then streamline it as in you can only play x amount of tables at a time as in 3 or 4 at a time to giving the recreational player (like me ) a chance ( lol got no chance). Offer C4P as a monthly prize to be shared out between  the top 10/20/30 in the monthly league. 
    You could make it limited games per group in a 24 hour period low group 100 games available per day, this will get ppl fighting to get on the tables to get up the ladder.

Just a thought i really should not be commenting as a new player

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: ***Sit and Go*** Discussion to boost liquidity : why not take this idea and then streamline it as in you can only play x amount of tables at a time as in 3 or 4 at a time to giving the recreational player (like me ) a chance ( lol got no chance). Offer C4P as a monthly prize to be shared out between  the top 10/20/30 in the monthly league.  You could make it limited games per group in a 24 hour period low group 100 games available per day, this will get ppl fighting to get on the tables to get up the ladder. Just a thought i really should not be commenting as a new player
    Posted by archwiz28

1) suggesting things to replace normal schedules which involve potentially reducing rake for sky isn't gonna go down well

2) you should feel free to post your opinions, if they are valid and well reasoned people should listen and discuss them it shouldn't matter what poster said it. anonymity ftw.
  • edited December 2012
    If a monthly points boost is done the momentum needs to be sustained by something that continues such as a league, providing the league prizes are tangible.  I wd love to play £30-£50 6 player scarys but never get any takers.  I'm not interested in slower structures for sngs, thats not what I play them for.
  • edited December 2012
    Some excellent replies here. 

Will have a proper look thru in the morning and I'm sure that Sky are keeping an eye on this too.

Cheers and do keep any thoughts coming in.
  • edited December 2012
    Coming at this from a different angle. I think promotions are one thing (a good thing), but visibility and people's mindsets need to change to drive more traffic? By being 'clever' and cross promoting SNGs, within the "Tournament" tab, when they are say, 70% full, or permanently pinning a couple to the top of the tournament lobby, I think they could fill rapidly.  Know a lot of people who pop straight onto the tournament lobby and sign up for the next £3.30 BH or £2.20 f/o, that's at the top of the list. See attached (really bad photoshopped - sorry) image to illustrate point. Dan
    Posted by dtm75

Speaking personally, I think that Post is terrific, & stands out a mile.

If it were my thread, & I were awarding prizes, you'd get one. It's not, so you don't. ;)

Thanks Mr 75.
  • edited December 2012
    Some excellent replies here.  Will have a proper look thru in the morning and I'm sure that Sky are keeping an eye on this too. Cheers and do keep any thoughts coming in.
    Posted by scotty77
    Yes, I sent it upstairs yesterday Ryan.
  • edited December 2012
    Ok so after having a good look at the replies I think that the following should be looked at:

The lobby itself and the games on offer.  Have a proper clear out and reduce the variety of SnG games on offer.  I would advise just having a normal SnG of 8/10 min blinds and then a Turbo with 4/5 min blinds, offering both the 6 and 12 man versions.  Once the liquitity in the games picks up then add in a new variety here and there but looking at FlashFlush's post it really does seem that less will actually be more when it comes to the lobby.  

DTMs idea of having some cross promotion with the MTT lobby is an excellent one too.  And Beaneh saying that the yellow highlighted section in the SnG lobby is pretty redundanct is a good one.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think that a league for SnGs will be a great way to get liquitity in the games.  BoringLoner makes a fantastic point of having a weekly league will be far better for the recreational players than a monthly one.  I feel that any league should be standard SnG only and Sky should make it clear which games are included.  One thing that could be an issue is then people who play the HU SnG's could then be a bit miffed that they aren't included in any promos but IMO the positives far outweigh the negatives.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Other promotions could also link in with the teams/DTD and maybe also some input from the channel.  Having some TV SnG on too. One guest that pops out in my mind is James Atkin, one of the most successfull SnG players in the country, and having a night dedicated to SnGs would be great IMO.  Could also have presenters/analysts playing them with bounties on their heads too.

------------------------------------------------------------

A mini Jackpot for standard SnGs is a very interesting idea too.  I know that Priority had a 'hot streak' promotion where if you cashed in 10 DYMs in a row you would then get a bonus.  Win 4/5 SnGs in a row to get a jackpot or a prize would def mean that people will add in another game(s) after they bink their 1st SnG win....

• edited December 2012
    Well, I've just spent the better part of half an hour reg'd for 6-max SNG's at £11 and £5.50 and not one person showed any interest in joining me. The SNG lobby is depressing.

Sort it out, Scotty!

I would prefer it if this thread wasn't forgotten.
  • edited December 2012
    Well, I've just spent the better part of half an hour reg'd for 6-max SNG's at £11 and £5.50 and not one person showed any interest in joining me. The SNG lobby is depressing. Sort it out, Scotty! I would prefer it if this thread wasn't forgotten.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Should have posted here first, you'd have got a game within minutes ;)

+1 tho, gr8 work on the forum recently BL. 

The HU sng thing isn't really an issue imo. Dont think they/we can moan when we pay 50% less rake than dym/sng-ers. 

Altho some kinda incentive to get more people playing HU sngs wudnt go amiss.

A HU sng "action hour" where points r doubled sometime between 4-7pm wud be great. 
  • edited December 2012
    I play the odd heads up but they always seem to take too long to get interesting. 10/20 blinds with a 100chip stack sends me to sleep. faster moving blinds and a 50/100 start would be more like it.

n Response to Re: ***Sit and Go*** Discussion to boost liquidity:
    In Response to Re: ***Sit and Go*** Discussion to boost liquidity : Should have posted here first, you'd have got a game within minutes ;) +1 tho, gr8 work on the forum recently BL.  The HU sng thing isn't really an issue imo. Dont think they/we can moan when we pay 50% less rake than dym/sng-ers.  Altho some kinda incentive to get more people playing HU sngs wudnt go amiss. A HU sng "action hour" where points r doubled sometime between 4-7pm wud be great. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
  • edited December 2012

Not heard anything about any potential SNG promotions just yet. It would be nice to know if anything is in the works.

I think there needs to be some attention paid to the blind structure of the regular SNG's before any promotion kicks off. Right now, they play out more like a turbo:

LevelBlindsMinutes

110.00 / 20.007
    220.00 / 40.007
    330.00 / 60.007
    450.00 / 100.007
    5100.00 / 200.007
    6200.00 / 400.007
    7300.00 / 600.007
    It could really do with 75/150 and 150/300 levels being introduced. I'm not a huge fan of the 7 minute blinds either and certainly would prefer 10 minute levels but that's not so bad. With these blind jumps you just end up in a crapshoot far too early.
  • edited December 2012
    I'll give this a nudge to the guys at HQ.  Thought not sure when they start their Christmas Holidays so it may take a while.