You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

YOU WANTED IT YOU GOT IT...........THE FORUM SPECIAL IS HERE, BUT WE WANT YOUR IDEAS TO TAKE IT FORW

2»

Comments

• edited December 2012
     Could I suggest in future. The top 2 from each night should go through to the final + the 2 best scores overall that have not quallified also go through! Thats my suggestion that hopefully would keep the numbers up a bit for the second legs. Ps personly I would like it to start with 5,000 chips and 10 minute blinds.
  • edited December 2012

In order to keep the numbers up, the easiest way would be to have a guarantee on it. Say £100/£200, get more runners in the first place, plus more would play second leg as there's a guarantee...

Only my opinion..:-)

• edited December 2012
    not many numbers tonight so 16th in the 1st game dnt think i can qualify :/  all the top 6 have registered in tonights game and only 9 players in it im not 1 to moan but this is a waste of time me entering :/ well waste of £2.50
  • edited December 2012

First: 18/7/2011
    Last: 4/12/2012
    It's always good to try something new, and I hope it works out.

My concern is that all those who don't get a decent score in the first leg have no incentive to play the second leg, since they would be only playing for half the price pool.

exactly this all the top 6 scores have entered from 1st leg n hardly no 1 else 
  • edited December 2012
    should do it like a dtd format  2 tourneys in the space of 30 mins would be better 
  • edited December 2012
    Entered to find 8 runners with top 6 enrolled.  waste of a fiver.

Good try and i am always willing to support these forum tournies but won't be doing this again, perhaps if everyone has to enroll in both at same time it may be better.

Mike
  • edited December 2012
    ok heres the table of those who playued 2 events, the onhes in green qualify for Sunday's final

SKY POKER FORUM SPECIAL TABLE
    PLAYER Tues Thurs Total
    jonjo75 2 1 3
    samantha25 1 5 6
    pomfrittes 4 2 6
    MattBates 6 3 9
    SoLack 3 7 10
    chubbers 8 4 12
    torryboy 11 6 17
    FLASHJONNY 29 8 37
  • edited December 2012
    Ok peeps obvoiusly we need to tweak a few things here and there to make it work and be another successful forum comp so all ideas are welcome on going forward with this.........

so far we've had these.....

think sky should look at changing the structure a little bit to boost the numbers,33 took part tuesday which i feel only half will play thursday,those who are in with a chance of making sundays final will take part.how about playing 2 tourneys on tuesday,one at 8.30 and the other straight after at 8.35.then the same again thursday.you can then take the best 2 scores from the 4 tourneys to make the final.this would also give players a chance to qualify who can only play on one of the nights which will boost the prize pool.

Could I suggest in future. The top 2 from each night should go through to the final + the 2 best scores overall that have not quallified also go through! Thats my suggestion that hopefully would keep the numbers up a bit for the second legs. Ps personly I would like it to start with 5,000 chips and 10 minute blinds.

In order to keep the numbers up, the easiest way would be to have a guarantee on it. Say £100/£200, get more runners in the first place, plus more would play second leg as there's a guarantee...

Only my opinion..:-)

should do it like a dtd format  2 tourneys in the space of 30 mins would be better 

I myself like the idea of 2 tournies per night starting pretty close to each other so 4 tournies over the 2 nights with best 2 scores to count towards the final.... it would IMO boost runners and therefore boost the FT payouts on the Sunday.

As I said tho your ideas are welcome ...................let's take this forward

• edited December 2012

Alternate the week days used but keep the sunday final.

ie...one week....TUES/THURS....another week WED/FRID etc
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: YOU WANTED IT YOU GOT IT...........THE FORUM SPECIAL IS HERE, BUT WE WANT YOUR IDEAS TO TAKE IT FORWARD:
    Alternate the week days used but keep the sunday final. ie...one week....TUES/THURS....another week WED/FRID etc
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Have the tourny every night mon - fri, maybe take less for the final on the saturday, best 2 scores counts, then if someone does have a bad night it wont put them of registering for another one
  • edited December 2012
    Obv the idea behind the Tue/Thu/Sun schedule was to possibly show some hands on 861. If that actually happens it's a good idea, but I don't think it did this week.

I would suggest to run daily 'qualifying' tournaments with a much smaller portion of the buy-in going towards the Sunday final (2.50+0.50+0.25?) and the best 2 scores counting towards qualification. That way everyone should have a chance to play at least 2 and the dailies will still be worth playing as the 'dead' money going towards Sunday is a smaller percentage of the price pool. Make coverage of the Sunday final a regular part of the TV show and this could still take off.
  • edited December 2012
    MY idea is.... Get Beaneh to run it! ;-) 
    Seriously tho,  IMO this comp has the potential to be as successful as Mondays DTD.  However, to appeal to the masses the £3 fees bit needs serious "tweaking" -  just make it £1!. i.e. £1:50 +£1 +.50p.   That means it will appeal to the regulars & "random" folk who can only play 2/3/4 nights per week, but not neccessarily the same nights every week.  SO, why not run it Tues to Sat with top 5 every night going through to final on Sunday. Players who get in Top 5 more than once get an extra 200 chips on Sunday?  Or just pick next placers?   

• edited December 2012
    another idea i put forward to sky a while ago was,run a tourney every night monday to saturday with top top 6(final table) from each night going though to sundays final,so u would have 36 players in the final which u could pay out top 6 in final.buy in say £3+30p each night with half money payed out on night and half goes towards final.this way u would get players intrested each night to get a shot at reaching final.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: YOU WANTED IT YOU GOT IT...........THE FORUM SPECIAL IS HERE, BUT WE WANT YOUR IDEAS TO TAKE IT FORWARD:
    another idea i put forward to sky a while ago was,run a tourney every night monday to saturday with top top 6(final table) from each night going though to sundays final,so u would have 36 players in the final which u could pay out top 6 in final.buy in say £3+30p each night with half money payed out on night and half goes towards final.this way u would get players intrested each night to get a shot at reaching final.
    Posted by mkgunner
    +1
  • edited December 2012
    Hi folks,

Thanks a lot for your feedback on this. As we said, it's a new format and something we're more than happy to tweak. 

For this week, I'm going to make the following tweaks and see how that works. As Giant811 says, it's about getting some TV coverage as well as a Community-focused format, which is why I think it will work best on Tuesday/Thursday...
    • Two tournaments each night - 8.30pm and 8.45pm.
    • £3 buy-in each - split £2-£1 with 30p in fees.
    • Best two results from the four legs count for the Sunday final standings.
    Joe is just setting these up now for you. We're going to keep them passworded too, with the passwords for this week as follows:

PASSWORDS:
    Tuesday: snowmen - same password for both Tuesday tourneys
    Thursday: colddeck - same password for both Thursday tourneys

They should be up in the lobby in the next hour or so.

Hope that works better for you :)
  • edited December 2012
    I'll now close this thread as the new dedicated "Forum Special thread with all the details is up in the sticky section and HERE'S THE LINK