You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HIT AND RUN THAT BAD???

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
HI GUYS.  WAS PLAYING HEADS UP £1.50/£3 AGAINST A WELL KNOWN REG.  AFTER ABOUT A HOUR THE ONLY WINNER WAS RAKE BUT I COULD TELL THE PLAYER WAS BETTER THAN ME AND WAS ABOUT TO LEAVE TO FIND AN EASIER TABLE WHEN :-

AA /> KK WINS ME A £600 POT. I KNEW I WOULD LOSE EVENTUALLY AGAINST A BETTER PLAYER SO LEFT!!

THAT PLAYER THEN FOLLOWED ME AROUND MY TABLES FOR MOST OF THAT DAY GIVING ME ABUSE IN THE CHAT BOX.

WAS WHAT I DID OUT OF ORDER??

OR SHOULD IGNORE HIM AND REPORT TO CS?? (ALTHOUGH HES WELL KNOWN ON THE SITE SO NOTHING WILL BE DONE ABOUT IT)

Comments

• edited December 2012
    thats pretty bad  thatu didnt hit n run u played with this guy for an hour so hardly a hit n run 2 follow u around and cry about losing is such a bad loser id ignore him he soon go away 

i thought hit n run is when u win within a few hands and leave the table i see nothing wrong in this your there to win money at the game of poker its a dog eat dog world u win can go when u like u dnt have to stay at all
  • edited December 2012
    You can leave at any point you like. No matter what the previous history.

Report them if they follow you around and abuse you, sore losers deserve to be slapped.

Try not to make a habit of doing it specifically to a certain person or w/e but in general it's absolutely understandable.
  • edited December 2012
    Nope, you didn't do a thing wrong. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

If you want the guy to like you, I suggest next time you let him win his money back. If you don't care if he likes you but you want to win some money, then only play players you have an edge over.
  • edited December 2012
    No you did nothing wrong and have not broken any rules. You sit down with your money and can leave the table whenever you want! 

By the sounds of it you generally were going to leave and have admitted that you would have been outclassed by your opponent. On his part he should be experienced enough and know better than to follow you around giving abuse. Probably someone who has seen there win rate drop considerably in the last few year so gets tilted easily when someone comes and takes his moniez! 

Personally I would just ignore it and brush it off (think how pathetic it is) but if you are offended then you can report them to SKY if you wish. 

FWIW I don't know who said reg is.  

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: HIT AND RUN THAT BAD???:
    thats pretty bad  thatu didnt hit n run u played with this guy for an hour so hardly a hit n run 2 follow u around and cry about losing is such a bad loser id ignore him he soon go away  i thought hit n run is when u win within a few hands and leave the table i see nothing wrong in this your there to win money at the game of poker its a dog eat dog world u win can go when u like u dnt have to stay at all
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

I think how ever long into game if you win big pot then instant leave its hnr.

• edited December 2012
    Hi P

Well, i don't play cash so i'm glad that i'd never be in that position. You did suggest that you'd played for an hour then got the £600 then left....immediately? Yea, i'd be fed up if i was him but you've done nothing illegal. He may feel it was out of order.  If you are not used to playing those stakes then he may see you as someone to roll over, as it were. He got a shock but he'll recover. No one can expect to people to wait to be beaten. You played for an hour and won. I'd say report him myself....he shouldn't be doing that and if he can't afford to lose £600 then he shouldn't be playing at those levels. He knows the rules of the site....what a shame a reg couldn't take the beat with good grace.
    TBH, glad i pay for fun....
  • edited December 2012
    Hi P Well, i don't play cash so i'm glad that i'd never be in that position. You did suggest that you'd played for an hour then got the £600 then left....immediately? Yea, i'd be fed up if i was him but you've done nothing illegal. If you are not used to playing those stakes then he may see you as someone to roll over, as it were. He got a shock but he'llrecover. No one can expect to people to wait to be beaten. You played for an hour and won. I'd say report him myself....he shouldn't be doing that and if he can't afford to lose £600 then he shouldn't be playing at those levels. He knows the rules of the site....what a shame a reg couldn't take the beat with good grace. TBH, glad i pay for fun....
    Posted by profman15
    I PLAY FOR FUN ASWELL. BUT FANCIED A GAMBLE AT A BIG GAME. IF I LOST THEN I LOST. NO HARDSHIP BUT WHEN I WAS £300 UP I SAW IT AS I HAD WON MY GAMBLE AND LEFT, HAD NO INTENTIONS OF PLAYING FOREVER AT THOSE STAKES, JUST A BIT OF FUN!!

NOT GOING TO REPORT HIM.. JUST HOPES HE READS THIS THREAD AND CAN SEE MY POINT!!
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: HIT AND RUN THAT BAD??? : I PLAY FOR FUN ASWELL. BUT FANCIED A GAMBLE AT A BIG GAME. IF I LOST THEN I LOST. NO HARDSHIP BUT WHEN I WAS £300 UP I SAW IT AS I HAD WON MY GAMBLE AND LEFT, HAD NO INTENTIONS OF PLAYING FOREVER AT THOSE STAKES, JUST A BIT OF FUN!! NOT GOING TO REPORT HIM.. JUST HOPES HE READS THIS THREAD AND CAN SEE MY POINT!!
    Posted by pocket9s
    Hi P

That's fair enough m8. Must admit you've got cahonas to play at hose stakes. I'd have a nosebleed!
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: HIT AND RUN THAT BAD??? : Hi P That's fair enough m8. Must admit you've got cahonas to play at hose stakes. I'd have a nosebleed!
    Posted by profman15
    DIDNT LIKE HAVING £300 INFRONT OF ME.. HATED £600 THATS WHY I LEFT.. HAD A £800 WIN ON THE FOOTIE RESULTS - WITHDREW £500 AND HAD A GAMBLE WITH THE REST. WITHDREW ANOTHER £300 NOW AND GOT £300 LEFT.. NOT PUTING IT ALL ON 1TABLE AGAIN :)

GONNA USE IT FOR A FEW BIG MTTS (PRIMO ETC ETC) I KNOW I WILL PROB BLOW THE £300 BUT WILL BE FUN WHILE IT LASTS
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: HIT AND RUN THAT BAD??? : DIDNT LIKE HAVING £300 INFRONT OF ME.. HATED £600 THATS WHY I LEFT.. HAD A £800 WIN ON THE FOOTIE RESULTS - WITHDREW £500 AND HAD A GAMBLE WITH THE REST. WITHDREW ANOTHER £300 NOW AND GOT £300 LEFT.. NOT PUTING IT ALL ON 1TABLE AGAIN :) GONNA USE IT FOR A FEW BIG MTTS (PRIMO ETC ETC) I KNOW I WILL PROB BLOW THE £300 BUT WILL BE FUN WHILE IT LASTS
    Posted by pocket9s
     Gl fella.
    If you are playing in the roller say £110 then you will find there's a lot more 3 betting and four betting so read a ouple of articles if you can beforehand so that you have your ranges set on hands to reraise or fold after a three bet. Its a big difference to the cheaper buy-ins as players show more aggression to try to win the pot before the flop. So try to have a set plan before betting for a hand and check all the opponents stack sizes round the table. Most of all , enjoy and see it as a free pop at it...gl m8. Hope you cash...
  • edited December 2012
    im just wandering who it is....loser
  • ckdckd
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: HIT AND RUN THAT BAD??? : DIDNT LIKE HAVING £300 INFRONT OF ME.. HATED £600 THATS WHY I LEFT.. HAD A £800 WIN ON THE FOOTIE RESULTS - WITHDREW £500 AND HAD A GAMBLE WITH THE REST. WITHDREW ANOTHER £300 NOW AND GOT £300 LEFT.. NOT PUTING IT ALL ON 1TABLE AGAIN :) GONNA USE IT FOR A FEW BIG MTTS (PRIMO ETC ETC) I KNOW I WILL PROB BLOW THE £300 BUT WILL BE FUN WHILE IT LASTS
    Posted by pocket9s

just tell them to do 1 if you want to sit for 1 hand and take there money and leaves thats how it is.people might think its bad but who cares your there to make money and thats that,dont worry about upseting people just do whats best for you,also dont worry about playing an spt as im sure most that will go to them wont let it get out of hand.well done on your win and carry on playing how you want to not how others want you to 
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: HIT AND RUN THAT BAD??? :  Gl fella. If you are playing in the roller say £110 then you will find there's a lot more 3 betting and four betting so read a ouple of articles if you can beforehand so that you have your ranges set on hands to reraise or fold after a three bet. Its a big difference to the cheaper buy-ins as players show more aggression to try to win the pot before the flop. So try to have a set plan before betting for a hand and check all the opponents stack sizes round the table. Most of all , enjoy and see it as a free pop at it...gl m8. Hope you cash...
    Posted by profman15
    i know im not know on the site as i hardly play (more of a bingo girl) but i am actually a 29 yr old girl :)

my husband used my account to do a £20 bet on footie as i had money in my account and he didnt and we won!! after he withdrew most he said i could donk the rest as im trying to learn the game!
  • edited December 2012

Report the offender and whats your hubby betting on today ???? :D

• edited December 2012
    hes out watching swansea today so no bet.. he says he fancies a nice treble 2mrw of spurs, united and liverpool!!!
  • edited December 2012
    Yeah you've done nothing wrong there, don't worry about it.

Would love to know who it was!
  • edited December 2012
    Obv the same player it always is.
  • edited December 2012
    The 'well known reg' should be ashamed of doing a few quid to someone who dosen't know were caps lock button is, jeez.
  • edited December 2012
    probably the same reg who seems well respected on the channel long time pro player who went mad at me the other week after i had played him heads up for nigh on 2 hours and left a might twelve pounds up (had stated in the chat twenty minutes before i was leaving at top of the hour no matter what)

pathetic behaviour

The fact a lot of these pros fail to grasp is that people who take a shot were they should not provide a very decent amount of the profit in there game

your money do what you want
  • edited December 2012
    name and shame please, im nosey as fuxx
  • edited December 2012
    lol absolutely shud name and shame in this kinda situation imo.  ^^^^^^ +1

• edited December 2012

Naming would be a bad idea. Most forum regs know who the likely list of culprits includes and there's little to be gained by telling us again.

The bigger point would be that those people may never see themselves being spoken of and never tell their side of the story. Besides this, I really don't think it's any of our business and I don't think it's a suitable topic for a public forum. If there was a genuine problem, then there is a proper method for dealing with it discretely and effectively.

Sometimes people are guilty of being, as Tikay describes it, a bit precious. I'm not suggesting that is the case here but if in future these people are able to post on the forum bad-mouthing someone they've had a disagreement with, that would be a big problem.

• edited December 2012
    borin

two people who were railing the game came to my defence (i ignored the abuse) 

this was cut and dry ok he could have not seen the chat quite easily but all he had to do was scroll back to read it

i have no intention of naming the player but have seen him do it to others before on a few occasions.

"The bigger point would be that those people may never see themselves being spoken of and never tell their side of the story. "

believe me he has plenty to say when it suits him :)

quite simple if you dont want to be bad mouthed and gain a rep for bad mouthing and abusing players who are not professionals then do not do it

not rocket science

• edited December 2012
    I wasn't defending anyone, bugaloo. I'm just saying that naming someone on a public forum over this sort of thing isn't a good idea. There are better ways of doing things.
  • edited December 2012
    and nobody has so there is not a problem

sky quite often likes to advertise itself as the friendly site e.t.c

reality is a small percentage like any site really can be quite vile on occasion

sad thing is from his point of view (boo-hoo) on nlhe heads up he is a massive favourite against me infact lifetime here he has taken me for a right few £ as he is a very good player

be a really shame if he stopped getting games.......

• edited December 2012
     You know, i'm fed up with this politically correct world. This guy pursues someone across different games, abusing and embarrassing him in front of others. He used the written . What's the saying....

LIVE BY THE SWORD, DIE BY THE SWORD.

By naming him, it will hit him in the pocket where it hurts him most no doubt. He can have the right of reply. So come on m8....let's hear your side eh? No? I wonder why? Could he/would you apologise? Or do you see nothing wrong with your behaviour?
    Certainly report it but i am for naming ....let's be honest. The more they get away with it, the more they will continue to do it.
  • edited December 2012
    probably the same reg who's been doing it for years
  • edited December 2012
    i still have no idea who were talking about
  • edited December 2012

I would have no issue with the culprit being named....it sounds as though it is the usual guy, all friendly and pro sky poker on the telly but seems like a total idiot when the cameras aint rolling.

You have done nothing wrong......do it again i say!!!

• edited December 2012

dont think o would be allowed to name on here, but from what iv read i think most of you know who it is anyway!