You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£21 hypercharged i admit im not the best hu player do u have to go broke here?

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
i fancied a heads up game for a change dnt think i played the hand bad maybe raise pre thats about it thoughts PithonSmall blind 10.0010.00580.00IDONKCALLUBig blind 20.0030.00390.00 Your hole cardsA6   PithonCall 10.0040.00570.00IDONKCALLUCheck    Flop  2J6   IDONKCALLUCheck    PithonBet 30.0070.00540.00IDONKCALLUCall 30.00100.00360.00Turn  10   IDONKCALLUCheck    PithonBet 75.00175.00465.00IDONKCALLUCall 75.00250.00285.00River  6   IDONKCALLUAll-in 285.00535.000.00PithonCall 285.00820.00180.00PithonShowQ3   IDONKCALLUShowA6   PithonWinFlush to the Queen820.00 1000.00

Comments

• edited December 2012
    You probably struggle HU because you're not the best at adapting, you like to play 'your way' and that's that.... there doesn't seem to be a plan B and you don't really like to change to exploit your opponents. 

I'm useless at getting specific post flop reads in 6max cash games but HU you can learn alot about your opponent very easily which will make your life much easier here.

Against some you should raise pre here, against some check is fine.

Some you should lead flop, some you can c/c, a few you can crai for value.

Same on the turn you can take different lines.

River is a good jam don't think there are any other 'good' options here. 

Give us some basic notes about how he's played so far, even if it's just very very basic stuff, it will help make assumptions. 

Played thousands of these and I dnt recognise the player. If you have anything to offer to make the discussion worthwhile, make sure you delete his name first. 

• edited December 2012
    Looks like a very standard HU hand to me, o well oppo has flush

but.... I don't play HU :)) deffo raising pre though
  • edited December 2012
    only reads i have hes very aggro 3 x raising on button everytime pre and always c - betting so when i pick up middle pair top kicker im thinking the nuts i would of jammed without the river card it turns out to be the worst card in the deck for me sigh :/ 
  • edited December 2012

Prob with raising pre (As well as being out of position and shallow etc) is we don't get much action on an ace high board.....

We're not gonna get many 6 high boards either.

If we had something like JQ or even TJo I'd prefer raising as we will flop top pair twice as often, and he will have hands that also flop top pair when we do, so we get lots of action post flop and can stack him :)

I prefer disguising here against alot of players.

Wouldn't hate just shipping it pre sometimes, and if we were much shallower I'd probably encourage it. 

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: £21 hypercharged i admit im not the best hu player do u have to go broke here?:
    only reads i have hes very aggro 3 x raising on button everytime pre and always c - betting so when i pick up middle pair top kicker im thinking the nuts i would of jammed without the river card it turns out to be the worst card in the deck for me sigh :/ 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    why????
  • edited December 2012
    because i think im ahead dont put him on a jack 
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: £21 hypercharged i admit im not the best hu player do u have to go broke here?:
    In Response to Re: £21 hypercharged i admit im not the best hu player do u have to go broke here? : why????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Noway would he do this without knowing his opponent has q3d as he does now
  • edited December 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Why can't he have a jack?  

If he hasn't got a jack, he's probably bluffing? What's he gonna call you with?
  • edited December 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    then c/c river
  • edited December 2012
    Prob with raising pre (As well as being out of position and shallow etc) is we don't get much action on an ace high board..... We're not gonna get many 6 high boards either. If we had something like JQ or even TJo I'd prefer raising as we will flop top pair twice as often, and he will have hands that also flop top pair when we do, so we get lots of action post flop and can stack him :) I prefer disguising here against alot of players. Wouldn't hate just shipping it pre sometimes, and if we were much shallower I'd probably encourage it. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Intresting you say this, so we not raising with A's lower than A9 -
    Even if we tap table and ace high flops, we under rep versus oppo 2nd pr hands - is this how we more likely to get value - plu from aggro played flopped draws -

Totally hear what your saying with raising with QJ etc..rarther than low A's

• edited December 2012
    when i play i dnt go on math i go on feel and i feel i was ahead all i can say really cnt give u reasosn why i dnt think he had a jack just felt i was ahead 
  • edited December 2012
    when i play i dnt go on math i go on feel and i feel i was ahead all i can say really cnt give u reasosn why i dnt think he had a jack just felt i was ahead 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    It's pointless posting if you're not trying to improve the way you think.....I shud know I did it for 2 years. 

I take the point about you thinking you are ahead. (altho I dnno how u come to that conclusion, and I don't know what maths has to do with it either, but nvm)

So you think you're ahead, why does that mean you should bet?
  • edited December 2012
    Too passive, a suited ace is a very stong hand HU, readless I'm happy to go broke preflop with A8s+ first hand in a hyper.

Raise pre to 75, if called lead almost any flop, definitely lead with middle pair top kicker.

As played; yes, you have to go broke.
  • edited December 2012
    im going broke whatever tbh i raise pre i get called i c - bet flop guy shoves i call i lose 
  • edited December 2012
    im going broke whatever tbh i raise pre i get called i c - bet flop guy shoves i call i lose 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    That's results based thinking )
    The raise pre or not raise pre is just a debate, i can see both sides.

The intresting part is you bet river, to be called by what ?
    It's a straight forward c/c - catch a bluff spot - and I know you know this because you done it to me recently - or did you just bet,bet, - c/c because it's me )

• edited December 2012
    Hi IDCU

It looks fairly routine to me though with Hu there is a lot of toing and froing because of the dynamics in previous hands and how players 'play' each other.. As for going broke, well it's your choice. Two pair hands would call and he's been betting down the streets. However, so will the flush obviously. If he has that two pair do you feel a pot plus bet is only going to be called by the flush as you seem to have been in calling mode trying to catch a draw or have a medium made hand( med or bottom pair) in his eyes.
    As a matter of interest what did you think his bets meant? They were 3/4 pot bets. Also what would you have done if non-diamond overcard came on flop. ....just interested.