You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Forum Special - Leaderboard / Details Thread........... updated OP

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
This is brand new to Sky Poker and follows on from a suggestion / vote done on the Sky Poker forum.......
It gives the Community its own tournament which Channel 861 has said it will support when possible. 

FORMAT/PRIZEPOOL DISTRIBUTION:

There are four Legs to the Forum Special, with two on each Tuesday and Thursday night. They will start at 8.30 and at 8.45 on both nights. Buy-in is £3.30. per tourney

£2 will go into that tournament's prizepool, with the other £1 going into the kitty for Sunday night's final. 30p from each will be taken as fees.

The final will be for 6 players, those with the lowest combined scores of their best two finishing positions from the four qualifying legs counting towards the Sunday final. 

Scouse_Red and I will look after the leaderboard and paste it below when updated.

Say you get 100 runners in tournaments on both nights - that's a total of £400 going into the Sunday final, with all six players earning a slice of that prizepool. That obviously sits on top of any money they would have won in the four qualifying legs. 

Channel 861 will aim to pop into this tournament and give you a bit of exposure on Sky Poker TV too.

This Tues/Thurs/Sun tournament format will be for the Community, This thread will be run by myself and Scouse_Red. With All the details going out on this thread. That way the tournament stays as another way for Community players to get their play aired on 861.

LEADERBOARD: ok here's the Final standings where scores are tied the lowest single tourney finish is used to determine final placings ........... There is a total of £88.00 to play for on Sunday*

THE SKY POKER FORUM SPECIAL TABLE
PLAYER Tues 1 Tues 2 Thurs 1 Thurs 2 Total Played Best 2 Pos
settler1 2 4

6 2 6 1
pecosbck 6

1 7 2 7 2
mkgunner 9 9 2 5 25 4 7 3
cardu 8 1 10 8 27 4 9 4
IDONKCALLU 10
8 2 20 3 10 5
pomfrittes 3 7

10 2 10 6
aiken2001 4 6

10 2 10 7
SoupyR 14 2

16 2 16 8
timeforbed 13 3

16 2 16 9
Kiwini4u 5 21 19 11 56 4 16 10
SoLack 15 20 5 16 56 4 20 11
willieg

11 10 21 2 21 12
luckme002

9 14 23 2 23 13
boxgrove

22 3 25 2 25 14
brinna12

14 13 27 2 27 15
kaylaj

21 6 27 2 27 16
Gollygosh 23 22 20 9 74 4 29 17
MORGAN559 11
35 2 35 18
MAXALLY 25 11

36 2 36 19
spoony21 22 17

39 2 39 20
MeloPete 24 18

42 2 42 21
ace0101

1 1
MOOCH 1

1 1
rancid

3 1
CP2

4 4 1
smitho

4 1
_Giggity_

5 1
potty147

6 1
LilH88

7 7 1
satsuma40 7

7 1
spurs42

7 1
kaylz87

8 1
robnot

10 1
acealex126

12 1
bignatedogg

12 12 1
mslulu 12

12 1
Nathan938

12 1
Skins48

13 1
wendyh

13 1
snilloc12

14 1
c_h_r_i_s

15 15 1
misstits08

15 1
samantha25

15 1
_Assassin_

16 1
crane09

16 1
Davejames2 16

16 1
BA100

17 1
toontoon24 17

17 1
babs964 18

18 1
MICKEY_J

18 1
jeffjone20 19

19 1
rachmick

19 1
thesands 20

20 1
chino-kez 21

21 1
frankt60

23 1
easymuney 26

26 1

* after a mix up last week the final will now take place on 10/02/2013 at the usual start time and Sky Poker have kindly increased the prizepool to £132 as a goodwill gesture :)

Comments

• edited December 2012

Result from last night's final please. Can not see it anywhere on forum or forums elsewhere, and could not even see it in the lobby Sunday night.
  • edited December 2012
    What time do these start pls?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: The Forum Special - Passwords/Leaderboard/Details Thread:
    What time do these start pls?
    Posted by BigMikeDBC

Two tournaments each night - 8.30pm and 8.45pm
    * £3 buy-in each - split £2-£1 with 30p in fees
    * Best two results from the four legs count for the Sunday final standings.

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: The Forum Special - Passwords/Leaderboard/Details Thread :  Two tournaments each night - 8.30pm and 8.45pm * £3 buy-in each - split £2-£1 with 30p in fees * Best two results from the four legs count for the Sunday final standings.
    Posted by scouse_red
    Nice one. Cheers mate!
  • edited December 2012
    Result from last night's final please. Can not see it anywhere on forum or forums elsewhere, and could not even see it in the lobby Sunday night.
    Posted by MAXALLY

The Forum Final - Result

1st - Solack - £37.92
    2nd - pomfrittes - £22.55
    3rd - samantha25 - £15.38
    4th - Jonjo75 - £11.28
    5th - chubbers - £8.20
    6th - MattBates - £7.17.

Was certainly in the lobby on Sunday night so can't help you with that bit, sadly ;)

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: The Forum Special - Passwords/Leaderboard/Details Thread : The Forum Final - Result 1st - Solack - £37.92 2nd - pomfrittes - £22.55 3rd - samantha25 - £15.38 4th - Jonjo75 - £11.28 5th - chubbers - £8.20 6th - MattBates - £7.17. Was certainly in the lobby on Sunday night so can't help you with that bit, sadly ;)
    Posted by Sky_Dave

TY. Well done all.
  • edited December 2012
    Thanks for tweaking these Dave.  Can't play Tuesday but i'll definitely be giving the two on Thursday a whirl.
  • edited December 2012

I preferred the old method, as I final tabled lol ;-).

Actually think this will mean more money into the sunday FT so all good..

Only downside I can actually see is you can't currently reg for them, as I just tried lol..
    It says you are not allowed to enter this private tournament.. 

• edited December 2012
    I preferred the old method, as I final tabled lol ;-). Actually think this will mean more money into the sunday FT so all good.. Only downside I can actually see is you can't currently reg for them, as I just tried lol.. It says you are not allowed to enter this private tournament.. 
    Posted by chubbers
    Try again now Chubbers - seems they let one of the rookies loose on setting up the password criteria.... *cough* :)
  • edited December 2012
    Posted by MAXALLY
     I bet you're pleased you asked!
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: The Forum Special - Passwords/Leaderboard/Details Thread :  I bet you're pleased you asked!
    Posted by SoLack
      LOL . 
  • edited December 2012
    purely for fun then let's have a guess at the numbers,

I'm hoping we hit 50 in both 
  • edited December 2012

i'll be optimistic and go for 72.

• edited December 2012
    i'll be optimistic and go for 72.
    Posted by chubbers
    I like this..... feel free to spam the TPT website Chubbs ;)
  • edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    56.......obv.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    That one could snowball Maxy ;)

• edited December 2012

i'll go for 61

• edited December 2012
    im in it schizzle mi nizzle
  • edited December 2012
    im in it schizzle mi nizzle
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
     2 tonight donk 8-30 and 8.45,only see u in the 8.30.
  • edited December 2012
    I'm out Thurs but like the look of the format so will donate.

I'm betting there will be a different amount of people sign up to each.
  • edited December 2012
    I would like to take part!
    Hope you get 125 runners1
  • edited December 2012
    88...nice hand
  • edited December 2012
    Quick question ppl.

Do you have to play in all four of these, or can you just play two... like one on Tues and one on Thurs?

Cheersssss
  • edited December 2012
    Quick question ppl. Do you have to play in all four of these, or can you just play two... like one on Tues and one on Thurs? Cheersssss
    Posted by BigMikeDBC
    it's the best 2 scores that count Mike so 2 will do if you want
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: The Forum Special - Passwords/Leaderboard/Details Thread : it's the best 2 scores that count Mike so 2 will do if you want
    Posted by scouse_red
    Kooshty cheers Chris mate.
  • edited December 2012
    Leaderboard has been placed in OP
  • edited December 2012
    Hi scouse

Played tonight in the specials. Did find that god players are looking for best strategies. Fine but with some early Ai's then a period of settling down, once some reach 1300 chips and theres a raise then it became a donk fest to luck out with two live cards.

I'll carry on playing but can the original stack size be larger or the clock slower to enable some poker to be played post flop. I just thought that there seemed to be good players there that i wouldn't really see at my table at my stakes but the poker did not happen in the same proportion because the players realised that once past the flop they were pushing with 10 bb's to ensure fold equity. One chap just went allin time after time with 1400 chips until A9s called . He had Q8s and he won but we were too quickly at that level.

TBH it felt like a donkfest. Its a great idea and i love the idea of a league but there wasn't room for good poker imo. It felt like i raise, one ai's , i fold or call and there's  ridiculous hand in front of but live cards. Id have been better just blinding out to get a position in top ten . Surely thats not what we want in the special.

Chris, i hope you'll take this in the spirit it was meant. I was looking forward to playing some guys i don't usually but to get a good position so many had decided to ai early or once with half average stack to ai no matter what. £3000 chips would allow more play post flop i feel and a more deserving, skillful winner would come to the fore on the night(no offence Solack) instead of who lucked out in two ai's or so. Please see this pst as constructive criticism but i shall still support it. Cheers
  • edited December 2012
    Hi scouse Played tonight in the specials. Did find that god players are looking for best strategies. Fine but with some early Ai's then a period of settling down, once some reach 1300 chips and theres a raise then it became a donk fest to luck out with two live cards. I'll carry on playing but can the original stack size be larger or the clock slower to enable some poker to be played post flop. I just thought that there seemed to be good players there that i wouldn't really see at my table at my stakes but the poker did not happen in the same proportion because the players realised that once past the flop they were pushing with 10 bb's to ensure fold equity. One chap just went allin time after time with 1400 chips until A9s called . He had Q8s and he won but we were too quickly at that level. TBH it felt like a donkfest. Its a great idea and i love the idea of a league but there wasn't room for good poker imo. It felt like i raise, one ai's , i fold or call and there's  ridiculous hand in front of but live cards. Id have been better just blinding out to get a position in top ten . Surely thats not what we want in the special. Chris, i hope you'll take this in the spirit it was meant. I was looking forward to playing some guys i don't usually but to get a good position so many had decided to ai early or once with half average stack to ai no matter what. £3000 chips would allow more play post flop i feel and a more deserving, skillful winner would come to the fore on the night(no offence Solack) instead of who lucked out in two ai's or so. Please see this pst as constructive criticism but i shall still support it. Cheers
    Posted by profman15

Hi Steve, all comments will be looked at by Sky_Dave, don't forget this is only the 2nd one that's ran, and it has had a few tweaks already since the first one. So still very much work In Progress I would imagine... that's not to say it WILL happen however .... just giving you a balanced reply to a valid and balanced post :)

• edited December 2012
    Hi scouse Played tonight in the specials. Did find that god players are looking for best strategies. Fine but with some early Ai's then a period of settling down, once some reach 1300 chips and theres a raise then it became a donk fest to luck out with two live cards. I'll carry on playing but can the original stack size be larger or the clock slower to enable some poker to be played post flop. I just thought that there seemed to be good players there that i wouldn't really see at my table at my stakes but the poker did not happen in the same proportion because the players realised that once past the flop they were pushing with 10 bb's to ensure fold equity. One chap just went allin time after time with 1400 chips until A9s called . He had Q8s and he won but we were too quickly at that level. TBH it felt like a donkfest. Its a great idea and i love the idea of a league but there wasn't room for good poker imo. It felt like i raise, one ai's , i fold or call and there's  ridiculous hand in front of but live cards. Id have been better just blinding out to get a position in top ten . Surely thats not what we want in the special. Chris, i hope you'll take this in the spirit it was meant. I was looking forward to playing some guys i don't usually but to get a good position so many had decided to ai early or once with half average stack to ai no matter what. £3000 chips would allow more play post flop i feel and a more deserving, skillful winner would come to the fore on the night(no offence Solack) instead of who lucked out in two ai's or so. Please see this pst as constructive criticism but i shall still support it. Cheers
    Posted by profman15

+1

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: The Forum Special - Passwords/Leaderboard/Details Thread : Hi Steve, all comments will be looked at by Sky_Dave, don't forget this is only the 2nd one that's ran, and it has had a few tweaks already since the first one. So still very much work In Progress I would imagine... that's not to say it WILL happen however .... just giving you a balanced reply to a valid and balanced post :)
    Posted by scouse_red

Cheers Chris
    I appreciate the post back and just wanted to contribute to the evolution hopefully.