You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday night live with Tikay and Fowler, Ch861 from 7pm ****official show thread****

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Morning all,

How are you?  We survived the end of the world then!?  Although my car didn't.  He did not want to start yesterday. Jerry got jump started today and now he is fine.  -15 we can expect over winter though... that's a lot of jump starting. Or maybe just a new battery!

Hope you are keeping warm and toasty and are ready for some Bounty Hunter action tonight. Your line up looks like this...

Tikay, with his batteries fully charged and myself live from 7pm -midnight

7pm-8pm – Tonight on Sky Poker – Coverage of the 15K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter Late Reg semi satellite 8pm-9pm – Poker Clinic – Hand requests from the forum – Hand will be masked in this hour 9pm-10pm – Now on Sky Poker – Speed cash analysis 10pm-11pm – Top Of The Pots – Top 10 biggest cash hands of the week from the Televised cash tables 11pm-12pm – Sky Poker Highlights – 15k Bounty Hunter – Live coverage

We have a picture caption competition coming your way later.... why has my font changed..  Photo to be displayed in due course!  We have 4 free mini Primo seats up for grabs for Sunday.
Also speaking of photos...look what I found!?  I struggle to see the relevance (tasted nice though!)

Anyways.....

ways to get in touch:
skyopen@bskyb.com
sky_poker on twitter#skypokertv
We will need hand IDs tonight please from any hands you would like analysed.  Also let us know how you get your seat into the main event, any big wins you have has recently, or if you are new to the site...

GL on the tables, 
much love!
A xxxxx  

Comments

• edited December 2012
    hi mrs fowler n tikay

have a great show :)

whos jerry name of your car awwwwwwww  im sure u called it  ya car summit else today after it jump started :/
  • edited December 2012
    OK you lot.. do your worse :)

• edited December 2012
    Hi Anna and Tikay
    Jerry hey? Must be a german car(explain please Tikay if necessary).
    That Poker bar picture describes my game...wafer thin at the moment so i  thought i'd get some good advice from Tikay tonight.
    Mind i'm not sure 'photo pending approval' is going to get you a rush of mirth....just joshing!!!
  • edited December 2012
    Sky Poker TV

Tonight's live show on Sky Poker TV sees Tony Kendall join Anna Fowler as they cover the biggest pots, tackle YOUR questions and give hints and tips for the game OF love.

now wouldn't that be something

• edited December 2012
    oh and u 2 stop flirting again geeeeez get a room only messing :p
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday night live with Tikay and Fowler, Ch861 from 7pm ****official show thread****:
    OK you lot.. do your worse :)
    Posted by MissFowler
    Caption
    Is it three wise men from the Sky Poker stable
    searching for the star (Anna Fowler)
    and the donkey (Rich Orford)?
  • edited December 2012
    Caption comp.....

Far too early to be remembered but how about.....

Yoyo contemplates calling the pit boss as Tikay steals chips from under his hand! "Would this affect affect my contract?" he thinks.
  • edited December 2012
    caption contest:

thew says i mean come on ryan n tikay i know i have the style the looks
    my autobiography how to run golden like julian thew book coming out this xmas for people to buy 1 day u will get there :)

till then chin up lads :p
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday night live with Tikay and Fowler, Ch861 from 7pm ****official show thread****:
    Hi Anna and Tikay Jerry hey? Must be a german car(explain please Tikay if necessary). That Poker bar picture describes my game...wafer thin at the moment so i  thought i'd get some good advice from Tikay tonight. Mind i'm not sure 'photo pending approval' is going to get you a rush of mirth....just joshing!!!
    Posted by profman15
    lol! It is a Golf, but I only realised the connection after I named him ;)
  • edited December 2012
    Caption comp..... Far too early to be remembered but how about..... Yoyo contemplates calling the pit boss as Tikay steals chips from under his hand! "Would this affect affect my contract?" he thinks.
    Posted by profman15

I will remember :)
  • edited December 2012
    Caption Comp....

Thewy is saying "Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, you are now under my control, you will always fold to a 3-bet"  

Actually, thinking about it, this might explain Thew's rungood in live comps???

Oh and Anna, everyone knows that cars (like trains & ships) are female!  Reason, cos they perform better when pampered and cost so much to keep!! ;-)

Have a good show!
    pad
  • edited December 2012

As it is brass monkeys outside.....

Caption.

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil.

Or.....

The three stages of a poker player.......fairly good.....very good.....very old.
  • edited December 2012
    Caption

Is the headline

" Pensioner runs hot with Cold Weather payment
    while,
    Hotshots run cold at SPT!"?
  • edited December 2012
    The three wise men of sky poker sit around making a plan to disrupt the show on Sunday as they weren't invited. I know, says Tikay. We can tell James about the time they hung a monkey in Hartlepool. That will make him corpse for a few minutes on live tv at least!

If you didn't get to see Sundays show then please please catch a repeat. One of the funniest things I have seen was James with tears of laughter running down his face trying to read it out. When is that going to be shown and if its not on the office blooper reel then why not!

Run well all and have loads of fun tonight
  • edited December 2012
    saw that cenachav was funny french monkey :)

my funniest was with carlo  and was a guy playing called jimmy no leg the comments he made was hillarious
  • edited December 2012
    Tikay looks on incredulously as Ryan says to Thewy "Go on, tell us again how that girl talked to you"
  • edited December 2012
    caption comp:

ryan says to tikay i think julian thew is blanking us

as julian thew stares at the poker dealer dreaming away i  loveeeeee uuuuu dealer u are the best i always win
  • edited December 2012
    Caption Comp:
    Ryan and Tikay wondered if Julian's botox injection was a wise move.

Have a great show folks!
    Doug
  • edited December 2012
    Thank you for your input so far! Keep em coming.

See you in a mo xx
  • edited December 2012

What do you think of this idea Tikay and Anna
    As its xmas how about getting in the xmas spirit and getting Sky to do a "compillation of cock-ups and corpsing".
    Sky forum members could even put their favourites down to stir sky's memory.
    Sorry Anna but mine may be Carlo commenting on your play. He needed to lie down in a darkened room methinks but it was great tv. Don't forget Anna if it was a darkened room then Carlo's tan would fade so SHAME on you...ha
  • edited December 2012
    WHY that photo?  Most of those chips infront of Tikay were donated by me :(
  • edited December 2012
    Hi anna and Tikay have a great show as always,

could you just point everyone in the direction of the Forum and to go to the thread at the top titled "The Forum Special - Passwords/Leaderboard/Details Thread"

It's legs 3 and 4 tonight and I'll post the Final standings as close to the end of leg 4 as possible, The community asked for the tourney and league and they got it so thanks to Sky Poker for giving it a go :)
  • edited December 2012
    5 types of frost  
    • Ho ar Frost 
    • Advection frost
    • Window Frost
    • White Frost
    • rime
  • edited December 2012
    5 times of frost

Ho ar frost
    Advection Frost
    Window Frost
    White Frost
    Rime

Only person who can win SPOTY is Bradley Wiggins as winning the Tour De France drug-free is probably the greatest sporting achievement ever done by a British sportsman
  • edited December 2012

This hand is from yesterday's Mini Double Stack.  I put this hand on the forum and I think I've got my answer but I thought it may be an interesting hand to discuss.

Here's my thought process:

There was a dynamic where he made up the SB every time it was limped round.  I had been raising every time so I think if I'm raising with 72 I have to with 55.  All good so far?

On the flop I think I should cbet 1/2 pot as this is what I have been doing every time so far up to now.  I'm thinking that it looks like I can't have anything, so at this stage I wouldn't be too unhappy about getting it in.

On the turn I was thinking that I could still get called by worse, but he had never callled two streets so far, so perhaps betting here is a mistake.  Others have said I should check and look for a cheap showdown.

On the river my thinking is that the hand that makes the most sense is quads.  I have never folded because I put my opponent on quads before, but I don't think anything else makes too much sense.  My opponent hadn't made an aggressive action up to now to the best of my recollection, so I think this is a fold?  Everyone on the forum so far has agreed.

• edited December 2012
    can u show this  hand please  from mastercash 10

is it ok to call the raise on the flop ? 

and is my action on the turn ok 

can u mask the hands please
  • edited December 2012
    couple hands for the poker clinic hour :)

master cash 7  

is calling the all in here ok i thought it was a marginal call thoughts please
  • edited December 2012
    It was a pleasure to meet you too Tikay sir.  I must say thank you to yourself and everyone involved in organising SPT Luton.  Such was my excitement that I felt like I was playing for the first time, and I'm sure it looked that way from some of the live poker faux pas I made.  38?  Well that's definately how old I feel.  I hope you managed to get some rest since Sunday morning; you were run ragged all day.  
  • edited December 2012
    Hi tikay thanks for ya thoughts on the ace jack hand when i got check raised on a dry flop for some reason my gut was telling me i was not good so when matisback fired the turn i had a feeling i was behind and i cnt see him bluffing in that spot i may be wrong long term your probably right have a great show
  • edited December 2012
    Glad James enjoyed my monkey story, his reaction was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Couldn't breathe for laughing myself. Gret night with Stapes on the show too.

Doug