You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sitting out...it's unsporting!!!

2»

Comments

• ckdckd
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Sitting out...it's unsporting!!!:
    In Response to Re: Sitting out...it's unsporting!!! : Larry, what about people that are present, but are folding every single hand?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

kick them if they fold more than 5 in a row lol 

would speed alot of games up lol 
  • edited December 2012
    I not seen it on a FT and if I did be very happy as the blinds are too heavy. I had it myself the other week at a final table and my internet died very frustrating, so you would someone punished because they lost connection?

It was a major advantage for the other players as by the time I was able to drive to somewhere wher I could use the net the blinds had killed any chance for me
  • edited December 2012
    Hi Larry

like you said ...it would be a boring world if everyone agreed. Too true. I got to the FT of the forum special and one player either sat out or got disconnected. As it is a league it was a strategy that would help him to get to the final on sunday as he'd had one good result and it was best two scores.

So yes it did alter the dynamiic of the table but he was a big stack compared to me so i couldn't wait for him to blind out as i would before him. Yes people are raising when he's the big blind in order to steal but that can go pear-shaped very easily. Yes the sb and button has an advantage but poker really is a matter of adapting to the conditions. And this is just one more condition to adapt to. Would you believe i actually bubbled and the player, Maxally, who had in fact just lost his connection, blinded out in third for a cash. TBH, his stack could have got him the win and i'm sure he'd have preferred to be playing.

Personally, i was happy with my play as i tried to take advantage of the away player in some pots but i did have a hand too. You see i tried to put pressure on just as a big stack playing on the cash bubble versus equal stackswith one AWAY would pressure the playing one as he can cash by the away player blinding out. it's a matter of considering the options and making a plan that's best for you.
    It's an interesting post but it seems that the consensus is 'it's just one of those things and we must all adapt"
     All the best for xmas m8.
  • edited December 2012
    & the thread goes on.....

Larry let's say you FT and you have to leave the game for an emergency or your internet/wifi died - what would you like to happen ?

cmon be serious now..

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Sitting out...it's unsporting!!! : it would be a very sad post if everyone agreed.... it's more about peoples views, their take on a given situation and how they deal with it...and the responses have been great.. :-)
    Posted by larry1959

In Response to Sitting out...it's unsporting!!!:
    I really think that players who make final tables through sitting out sucks. If they make the final table and insist in sitting out for more than 10 hands they should be forced all in on every hand thereafter. It is unfair and unsporting to play in this fashion while everyone else is pitting their skills to win the tournament... CAN WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT SKY???? you don't allow it on the cash tables..so why can't you use the same program to remove the player from the final table.... it is frustrating for all concerned at the final table, as I am sure many will agree!!!! 
    Posted by larry1959
     O Sorry larry i was replying to your comment......
  • edited December 2012
    it would be a boring thread if everyone agrees with you... but in this case not even 1 person agrees lol.. every player is well within their right to sit out at any stage!! no deception or cheating, its just part of the game!