You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL10: QQ For 180BB

2»

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10: QQ For 180BB:
    In Response to Re: NL10: QQ For 180BB : they will check more than you think they will check give up with random bluffs  they will check to trap AA/KK randomly sometimes. they will min cbet sometimes giving us odds to draw etc
    Posted by beaneh
    Well, since I've played probably only around 1000 hands of micro-stakes cash on Sky, I will have to bow to your experience. Perhaps they will check the flop some of the time.

If they do c-bet, though, are we forced to fold and say that if they're bluffing (as unlikely as that is) or holding AK, they've just outplayed us? If they can possibly have AK or other bluffs, is it not a call with 2:1 odds? (I suppose that's a question for PokerStove) I still don't believe that players are going to flat the 3-bet with AK in this spot, especially with the flat from the Small Blind. lol

I hate this. Wish I hadn't posted it now. :)
  • edited December 2012
    fold flops yes, we can see their hand and make a note.
  • edited December 2012
    you should be happy to 3b/f as you are exploiting your opponent's mistake of having such a narrow value only 4bet range
  • edited December 2012
    Beaneh raises a good point which is over looked by team 10/20nl. 

Villian giving us great price to mine, he almost never bluffing because now there is a dead sidepot.

not really got a clue what samboram45 is on about we are looking to out flop Villan not outplay him.
  • edited December 2012
    It is a fair point that we can set-mine. £2.40 for about £23 before the short stack gets it in. Got to be said it does seem weird to set-mine with QQ but it makes sense.

I think I and others get caught up on the guideline advice you'd give to beginner players. Time to get past that, I think.

Ta for the input chaps. Shame I'm such an enormous donkey.
  • edited December 2012
    two facts make the decision EASIER (not easy)

1) he doesnt 4bet JJ/10s

2) he's never bluffing
  • edited December 2012
    Beaneh raises a good point which is over looked by team 10/20nl.  Villian giving us great price to mine, he almost never bluffing because now there is a dead sidepot. not really got a clue what  samboram45  is on about we are looking to out flop Villan not outplay him.
    Posted by bolly580[/QUOT

tht was my point ......  hence why bl should fold pre or jam , cn u really be set minin with qq???
  • edited December 2012
    'we arnt really deep enough to outplay our opponent'
  • edited December 2012
    tht was my point ...... hence why bl should fold pre or jam , cn u really be set minin with qq???
    Posted by samboram45
    If they're not folding a Queen high flop with AA or KK - which they wouldn't - then yes. You're guaranteed to get paid and odds of 23:2.4 are better than 7.5:1, which are the odds of hitting your set. If they don't have AA or KK then QQ is the best hand anyway.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10: QQ For 180BB :
    Beaneh raises a good point which is over looked by team 10/20nl.  Villian giving us great price to mine, he almost never bluffing because now there is a dead sidepot. not really got a clue what  samboram45  is on about we are looking to out flop Villan not outplay him. Posted by bolly580[/QUOT tht was my point ......  hence why bl should fold pre or jam , cn u really be set minin with qq???
    Posted by samboram45

at no point has any reasoning been given for a jam to be any where near kinda good.

if you want to jam or fold. fold.

i'm calling and ima hit a queeney

• edited December 2012
    I have been watching this with interest on my phone (cant post on the phone).

My view on the hand is that pre flop is fine. Of course we are 3-betting with QQ, why would nt we. Now, dpending on the size of the 4 bet we possibly face is the key in my opinion. If he 4 bets quite a bit bigger which takes the odds off us to set mine then i think we can get a typical range at NL10 down to AA,KK and sometimes QQ (unlikely) and simply fold to the 4 bet pre flop.

Now, the key to this hand is that we look like we could be playing for stacks with the 4-bet range we have applied to him and his betsizing allows us mathematically to 'set mine' with remaining stacks as they are, even with Q's. I think we can safely fold the flop instead of jamming it knowing we are behind a heck of alot of the time here. Even if you add AK to his range we are still behind enough to AA and KK to fold and move on to the next hand.
  • edited December 2012
    There is no differance to set mining JJ or QQ here

mmmm what calls a 5 bet jam, mmmmmm lets see............

Don't think people trust themselfs to fold a 7 high flop

Not many I would jam QQ against at NL10 and expect to be ahead, you need specific reads to jam QQ verus randoms - anyway this is 180bb deep isn't it - if so it's never a jam
  • edited December 2012
    If we are set mining pre and the board comes AQx can we still fold? :) 

I hate folding pre fwiw. I also hate folding the flop lol, think i play it the same as the OP!

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10: QQ For 180BB : at no point has any reasoning been given for a jam to be any where near kinda good. if you want to jam or fold. fold. i'm calling and ima hit a queeney
    Posted by beaneh
    cos you sure are good enough to hit a queeney
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10: QQ For 180BB : cos you sure are good enough to hit a queeney
    Posted by pryce6

Queeeeeeeeeeney for Beeeeeannnneeeeh