You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

C4P DAILY TARGETS TO REACH 10K FOR PRIORITY CLUB ( JANUARY )

2»

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: C4P DAILY TARGETS TO REACH 10K FOR PRIORITY CLUB ( JANUARY ):
    Didn't get to play much today as I was busy, so still behind and only on 1200pts  Could have played a bit longer tonight but have been running so bad over the last two days I just couldn't be bothered with it, haha. Only finished 1BI down for the day after all the bad beats and coolers, so kinda happy I clawed my way back. Will try for a big day tomorrow before I go back to work. 
    Posted by s2db2dk2ds
    hi s2 for short.  lol

i've been playing dym's for a while now and have just started playing cash again mainly nl4 but a bit of nl10 just for a change really and also to see if i can make some money,as all my attempts at playing cash previously i've basically managed to break even from my play and make some profit from c4p.

i have been watching a few tables to see if i can pick up any little tips and i was in fact watching you play a couple of nights ago i think from memory, 12 tables at nl10 i think.
    looked to me as though you were well up on most and down a bit on the others.
    it was obvious to me that you were a decent player straight away by the way you played and also by the number of tables you were playing.
    i was wondering if i could ask you how long have you been playing and have you any future plans regarding moving up levels?
    also,do you think it's possible to make a profit playing less tables say 4 or 6 or so, or do you think that by playing more tables as you do, helps with that?
    i have been playing 15/18 tables for a while now at the £3 dym level.
    hope you don't mind me asking.

thanks
    :)
    dev

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: C4P DAILY TARGETS TO REACH 10K FOR PRIORITY CLUB ( JANUARY ):
    In Response to Re: C4P DAILY TARGETS TO REACH 10K FOR PRIORITY CLUB ( JANUARY ) : hi s2 for short.  lol i've been playing dym's for a while now and have just started playing cash again mainly nl4 but a bit of nl10 just for a change really and also to see if i can make some money,as all my attempts at playing cash previously i've basically managed to break even from my play and make some profit from c4p. i have been watching a few tables to see if i can pick up any little tips and i was in fact watching you play a couple of nights ago i think from memory, 12 tables at nl10 i think. looked to me as though you were well up on most and down a bit on the others. it was obvious to me that you were a decent player straight away by the way you played and also by the number of tables you were playing. i was wondering if i could ask you how long have you been playing and have you any future plans regarding moving up levels? also,do you think it's possible to make a profit playing less tables say 4 or 6 or so, or do you think that by playing more tables as you do, helps with that? i have been playing 15/18 tables for a while now at the £3 dym level. hope you don't mind me asking. thanks :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Hey Dev,
    I've read your threads before and have always been really impressed with your ability to 20+ table DYM's! (Something I've personally always found harder to multi-table than cash).

I remember sitting with you at a few tables the other night, so already had a mental note that you would be one of the better players at 10nl :)

I've been playing poker for a few years on and off mostly low limits, but play higher every now and then. But I always play worse at higher stakes as I get scared about losing. Even though it wouldn't hurt me financially, it never feels nice to lose £50-100. 

I don't have any set plans as such, I play mostly because I enjoy it (even 12 tabling lol). At the moment I thought I would join this thread as a push I guess to achieve a nice monthly C4P profit! I would like to move up to 30nl eventually but am in no rush. How about yourself? Any specific goals ffor the month / year?

Also, I would certainly say its possible to make a profit playing fewer tables as you will get to concentrate on your opponents a lot more, and will pick up things that you wouldn't if you were playing more, which in the long run will add up. For instance, [slight brag] the other night I finished one table of 10nl with £66 profit, so yeah I would definetly give it a go. From watching you on the tables you are easily skilled enough to make a profit.

Sorry for the long post, didn't mean to derail the thread.

• edited January 2013
    hi again s2,
    thank you for the reply.
    as to multi tabling it's easier playing more tables playing dym imo as it's simply folding 75/80% of the time.
    (funny how you find it the other way around.)
    i also believe that  up to 40 tables would be possible if/when auto seat and resizable tables arrive.
    cash i've played 12/13 at the most i think ages ago when i 1st started playing,and was only break even for my play then, as i've already mentioned.
    yes,i did  see that £66 table you had...very impressive,well done.is that your highest to date at nl10?

i've got a 1/2 decent b/roll thanks to my dym efforts last year,so i have decided to play with the odd £300 i have and give cash a go just for a change and also to see if i can make any profit.
    might do a diary,see how it goes.
    i'll try a bit of nl10 and see how i go i think.
    played some nl4 yesterday..lost £18.50 but no worries,can't win 'em all can you.

know what you mean about losing at the higher limits,and even when you lose money that you have previously won, it does hurt,well just for a few days anyway.
    thanks again for posting back and the kind words.
    i'm deffo giving it a go..well £300 worth anyway.prob see you at a table soon.
    if i lose...i lose,i guess.i can always go back and grind 20 tables or so playing dym,can't i!!!  lol

best wishes,
    dev

ps;sorry for borrowing this thread asking for advice re cash play.i't's certainly needed.  lol thanks.
  • edited January 2013
    hi again s2, thank you for the reply. as to multi tabling it's easier playing more tables playing dym imo as it's simply folding 75/80% of the time. (funny how you find it the other way around.) i also believe that  up to 40 tables would be possible if/when auto seat and resizable tables arrive. cash i've played 12/13 at the most i think ages ago when i 1st started playing,and was only break even for my play then, as i've already mentioned. yes,i did  see that £66 table you had...very impressive,well done.is that your highest to date at nl10? i've got a 1/2 decent b/roll thanks to my dym efforts last year,so i have decided to play with the odd £300 i have and give cash a go just for a change and also to see if i can make any profit. might do a diary,see how it goes. i'll try a bit of nl10 and see how i go i think. played some nl4 yesterday..lost £18.50 but no worries,can't win 'em all can you. know what you mean about losing at the higher limits,and even when you lose money that you have previously won, it does hurt,well just for a few days anyway. thanks again for posting back and the kind words. i'm deffo giving it a go..well £300 worth anyway.prob see you at a table soon. if i lose...i lose,i guess.i can always go back and grind 20 tables or so playing dym,can't i!!!  lol best wishes, :) dev ps;sorry for borrowing this thread asking for advice re cash play.i't's certainly needed.  lol thanks.
    Posted by devonfish5

I personally would love for a few automated functions too such as auto (preferred) seat, and auto top up, would save me clicking all over the place while trying to set some tables up!

I used to play nl4, a few months ago before making enough to move up to nl10. I remember losing a similar amount one night, and thinking I must be terrible if i cant beat the lowest limit. But things eventually turned around and I was able to make a steady profit. 

But anyway best of luck with your goals and I'll probably see you on the tables soon!

• edited January 2013
    thanks s2,
    auto seat would be great 4me playing so many dym tables,as i'm always having to re-arrange myself to bottom right of table.
    hurry up auto-seat...please.
    see you soon at the tables...
    take it easy on an 'old man'.....please.  lol
    gl
    dev
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2013
     any1 close ?

• edited January 2013

Thought I'd drop in and say gl all. 

4779 myself.
  • edited January 2013
    Only 1770 for me, but didn't intend to go for it in the end, too much stuff to do this month.
  • edited January 2013
    I made priority for 1st time ever :D. Never thought id ever be able to make 10k points. wiiiiiiiiiii
  • edited January 2013
    I made priority for 1st time ever :D. Never thought id ever be able to make 10k points. wiiiiiiiiiii
    Posted by shaun09
    well done shauny

going for it in Feb?  lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited January 2013
    No way am i lol. DOes any one know if they will pay my c4p on te 1st working day this month? or is it because if got in it this year they will pay next months c4p str8 away?
  • edited January 2013
    No way am i lol. DOes any one know if they will pay my c4p on te 1st working day this month? or is it because if got in it this year they will pay next months c4p str8 away?
    Posted by shaun09
    1st workind day should be...mine was last month