You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1,000 Poker Points -----> £1,000 Can it be done? ****Yes**** Latest balance £1,089.01 :

1262728293032»

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Forgot to include this yesterday, it's a screenshot of 'my account' taken soon after completion.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/834/lcxl.jpg

• edited November 2013
    Congratulations Gary on a fantastic achievement. Probably have read this thread more than any other on the site and the thread motivated me to play again after a break a few months back.

If Total Player comes back to our screens then I think you're a worthy contestant.

Enjoy the winnings :-)

Ross
  • edited November 2013

Great work Gary, and once again well done on completing this challenge.

What is next for you now mate?

Also this comment you made is very true, I use to tilt a lot, but felt leaving tables (sometimes for days) refresh mind and my game.

"Whenever I felt things weren't going my way and I was starting to tilt I simply stopped playing."

Keep up the great work you do here in the forum, everyone here i am sure is in ore with what you do, and most importantly, you do all this of your own back.

Gl at the tables.

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: 1,000 Poker Points -----> £1,000 Can it be done? ****Yes**** Latest balance £1,089.01 :):
    Congratulations Gary on a fantastic achievement. Probably have read this thread more than any other on the site and the thread motivated me to play again after a break a few months back. If Total Player comes back to our screens then I think you're a worthy contestant. Enjoy the winnings :-) Ross
    Posted by rossjb14
    Thanks very much Ross.

It's highly unlikely I'd have the desire or the time to participate in Total Player, or anything like that due to the demands of my small business (self-employed milkman).
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: 1,000 Poker Points -----> £1,000 Can it be done? ****Yes**** Latest balance £1,089.01 :):
    Great work Gary, and once again well done on completing this challenge. What is next for you now mate? Also this comment you made is very true, I use to tilt a lot, but felt leaving tables (sometimes for days) refresh mind and my game. "Whenever I felt things weren't going my way and I was starting to tilt I simply stopped playing." Keep up the great work you do here in the forum, everyone here i am sure is in ore with what you do, and most importantly, you do all this of your own back. Gl at the tables.
    Posted by ms-tree
    Thanks very much.

I'm looking forward to a break from challenges and diaries for now. I'm not saying I won't ever do one again, but I have no ideas or anything planned at the moment. If I do another one I'd want it to be something original again.

'Off my own back'. Yes, thats correct. In case anybody is wondering this diary was 100% my own idea. Nobody at Sky Poker knew anything about it until I launched it on the forum back on January 2nd. Late last year I ran the idea past my partner first (she plays here as Lea116311), then my Team51 team-mates in our private Facebook group. They all thought it was a good idea, then over the Christmas break I decided I'd go for it. Sky didn't reset my Poker Points total or anything like that, I had to carefully manipulate my play for a few days to get it to exactly 1,000.
  • edited November 2013
    Amazing stuff Gary, again I always read just tend not to post, great acheievement.

So, what are you going to do now? Keep the £1k in and keep grinding it up? Iv shared a few tables with you recently, your turning into a v good player and a very tricky opponent to play against!

Hope there will be another challenge soon, but for now, enjoy completing it, great job sir.
  • edited November 2013
    Hi Gary

Just wanted to post a massive well done from the Bromleys...we were getting worried when you went through your mini-wobble around the £700 mark and so glad to see you come out the other end and achieve your target!!

It must have taken such discipline to stick to your strict BRM rules and I love that you went for it with a 22 pounder
    and smashed it!

I think the only thing now is to go the opposite way and spend all the money on a UKPC main event seat ;)

Adam & Natalie
  • edited November 2013
    Haven't been on for a few days so have only just seen this. Congratulations Gary, vwp, was never in doubt mate
  • edited November 2013
    Gary, you did it!! :D I'm delighted for you!!

You were the inspiration behind me making my own diary so you've left a legacy - of sorts :p
  • edited November 2013
    Gary, you did it!! :D I'm delighted for you!! You were the inspiration behind me making my own diary so you've left a legacy - of sorts :p
    Posted by peter27
    Thanks Peter, Waller02, the Bromleys and Wacko for your very kind replies.

I'm aware I sparked several diaries here last year, plus some personal poker challenges that were attempted away from the glare of the forum. If I've inspired a few more in 2013 then that's great, I couldn't be happier. Good luck to you Peter, and to everybody else who has a go at something similar.

For the record I've made a withdrawal of £689, leaving £400 in my account as a working bankroll. Earlier today I made a donation of £25 each to Children in Need and MacMillan Cancer Support from the withdrawal, two very worthy causes. The rest will be going towards a trip to New York late next year, I'll be there to attend a wedding.

This will be my final post on this thread.

After 10 1/2 months I think it's about time it slipped off page 1. Once again thank-you to every single person who has ever gone to the trouble of posting here. 

I enjoyed the ride, I hope you did too :)
  • edited November 2013
    Can I ask you a quick question Gary?
  • edited November 2013
    "After 10 1/2 months I think it's about time it slipped off page 1."

I was thinking it would be nice if it got to 1K post myself! ;-) 

Newbies NEED to read this!  

Sorry about the "BLUE"!  
  • edited November 2013

WP Gary!  Enjoy spending the money mate!

• edited November 2013

Morning all.

GaryQQQ will be playing the 2pm, £400 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter today, which was a small gift promised by Sky Poker when he began the Challenge.

I hope as many of you as possible Rail Gary in this today, or even play it, to celebrate his astonishing achievement.

• edited November 2013
    How did Gary do in this tourney?  Hopefuly a win?
  • edited November 2013
    Many many congratulations on finishing this monental challenge. Was a pleasure playing against you and I hope we can do battle on the tables again very soon. Run golden