You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tues night Live show with Fowler and Redmond Lee 7pm CH861 ***official show thread***

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat

Hi everyone, how are you?

Back at work and loving it!?  I am going to be keeping you company tonight from 7pm with the lovely Redmond Lee, who I havn't seen for ageeees.
We will be together for a whole 5 hours, and this is the plan...

7pm – 8pm – TONIGHT ON SKY POKER Live coverage of the £1k Bounty Hunter that starts at 7pm. 

8pm – 9pm – Ask the Expert We’ll cover the new £6k Turbo Open. We can also answer questions and take a look at requested hands.  
                                                                                                                                                                                                            9pm – 10pm - Sky Poker School Turbo Tournament Strategy – We’ll take hands from the £5K Turbo BH @ 9 for this hour.

10pm – 11pm – Sky Poker Highlights Live tournament £6K Turbo Open coverage 11pm – Midnight – Master Cash Live action from the Master Cash tables

11-midnight- MasterCash

If you want to ask us a question or get involved in the show;

skyopen@bskyb.com
#skypokertv

See you soon

A xx

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Hi anna n redmond lee have a fab show

from 8pm till 9pm are u only showing requested hands from the turbo tourney or requested hands from any tv table ?
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks to whoever spelt my name right :)
  • edited January 2013
    Will you both be talking very quickly tonight in tribute to turbo Tuesday?  I would love to see a tourney with a double stack but 5 min blinds tonight. You could start it two hours before midnight and call it Thews at Ten in honour of Yoyo. Am sure it would catch on. 

I will be sky+ing the shows tonight due to work and watching them back on double speed later in honour of the turbos. 

Run well all and don't be afraid to get your chips in the middle tonight. It pays to be more aggressive in turbos
  • edited January 2013
    A question from tony our floor manager.....

'I was playing poker the other night and I sat for around 24 orbits if not more without getting any hand at all. Think k2 as my best hand. Therefore when I did play a decent hand everyone insta folded. It was a tournament and I was card dead. What do I do???"

There is a prize for the best answer/advice
  • edited January 2013
    There is also a prize for the best answer to this....

If you could have a remote control for life with fast forward on it........... What parts of life would you speed up/go turbo?????

answers on the back of a postcard please
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Tues night Live show with Fowler and Redmond Lee 7pm CH861 ***official show thread***:
    Thanks to whoever spelt my name right :)
    Posted by MissFowler
    Awww bless...

How are you going to cope with having a Polish surname? lol
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Tues night Live show with Fowler and Redmond Lee 7pm CH861 ***official show thread***:
    A question from tony our floor manager..... 'I was playing poker the other night and I sat for around 24 orbits if not more without getting any hand at all. Think k2 as my best hand. Therefore when I did play a decent hand everyone insta folded. It was a tournament and I was card dead. What do I do???" There is a prize for the best answer/advice
    Posted by MissFowler
    Think of any two cards before you look at the cards you've been dealt and then play the hand according to those two cards in your head! 

Works a treat!
  • edited January 2013
    Evening anna & redmond. looking forward to a great show tonight!!

I would fast forward the players who take forever just to make a simple dicision. soooo frustrating!!!
  • edited January 2013
    A question from tony our floor manager..... 'I was playing poker the other night and I sat for around 24 orbits if not more without getting any hand at all. Think k2 as my best hand. Therefore when I did play a decent hand everyone insta folded. It was a tournament and I was card dead. What do I do???" There is a prize for the best answer/advice
    Posted by MissFowler
    It's very table dependent - If Julian "YoYo" Thewey is sat on your table then just shove every time he raises :)

But seriously....................

If i'm card dead, I work on the principle that I need to steel at least 3 Blinds every 2 Orbits to accumulate chips.

Don't look at your holding cards, just raise when you have the button or the very next hand after the button usually works for me as long as there have been no all-ins or big raises prior to your action. Remember though that if a player re-raises all-in after your action then just simply fold and move on to the next hand - you will steel the blinds more often than not.

ps. Didn't have you down as a tight player tbh :) - But I do remember you winning a hand with Pocket Kings in your first Live SPT after asking the table what you were supposed to do next - I can still see the look on the guys face when you showed him Pocket Kings after you flat called him all the way to the river :)

Have a great show.
  • edited January 2013

From master cash 4

question: What do i do on the turn do i call and re evaluate on the river or fold
  • edited January 2013
    First: 21/4/2011
    Last: 8/1/2013
    A question from tony our floor manager.....

'I was playing poker the other night and I sat for around 24 orbits if not more without getting any hand at all. Think k2 as my best hand. Therefore when I did play a decent hand everyone insta folded. It was a tournament and I was card dead. What do I do???"

There is a prize for the best answer/advice

For me if i find i am getting card dead in a mtt i try n pick spots etc to survive a another orbit like everytime your on the button and it folds to u just raise any 2 cards even if u get called your in position so alot of times they check u c bet they fold i find this a big weapon
  • edited January 2013
    The best and only real option you have is to raise and try and steal some blinds when late in position and there has been no action infront of you. Otherwise you will just blind out
  • edited January 2013

just crashed out of the £1k whislt watching the replay of my 89 spade hand...(I nearly called him ,but had him on 10/ J  with the flat calls...)... raised up with Q/10 club and Gazza called again... flopped 2 clubs and shoved against him thinking he was at it again...whoops.....not this time

• edited January 2013
    P.S.... am in the 6k turbo and the mini......
    Great show guys
  • edited January 2013
    That's nothing Reds.  When I was 17 I was refused purchase of an energy drink in a proper super market.  I think the cashier just needed a bit of an ego boost and decided the best way to get one was to annoy teenagers.
  • edited January 2013
    forget the 6k turbo...made such a juvenille (embarrassing call) and shot my stack...cup of coffee and clear my head away from the tables and back for the mini......
  • edited January 2013
    Hi guys how are you all, this is my first post,

great show as always, question for Mr Lee :).....do you have any advice for mid tournament play? 

i usually get down to the last 60 but then struggle to stay in and reach the bubble.

many thanks 

sam

AKA nicholl264

• edited January 2013
    forget the 6k turbo...made such a juvenille (embarrassing call) and shot my stack...cup of coffee and clear my head away from the tables and back for the mini......
    Posted by larry1959
    Oh dear :( gl for the mini though!!
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by MissFowler
    Wear gloves!!! then at least you'll have hot hands throughout the tournament!
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by MissFowler
    Remove the big sign that lights up saying 'I have a big hand'.
  • edited January 2013
    There is also a prize for the best answer to this.... If you could have a remote control for life with fast forward on it........... What parts of life would you speed up/go turbo????? answers on the back of a postcard please
    Posted by MissFowler
    I'd fast forward each day at work so I could hurry home and lose my salary on sky Poker.
  • edited January 2013
    With reference to Redmond's comment about people running bad for long periods, and that variance WILL even out.

How can you tell if it's variance, or leaks in your play?

I've recently been on a huge losing streak, and I'm starting to wonder if it's Me!

Admitedly I play at micro stakes but I consider myself reasonably well read as regards poker & I'd like to think that I know enough to play quite well, utilising position & the right size bets to make draws unprofitable yet it just seems that my bluffs get called, my value bets get folded to & my 'sure things' are getting outdrawn repeatedly.

How could I critique my play to hunt down potential leaks or places in need of improvement.

cheers guys. - enjoying the show.

footnote: (It 'may' have something to do with me writing forum posts while playing!)
  • edited January 2013

hi anna, reds,

as requested, there are only 6 left in the jackpot
    time main mini      
    21:27 43 137      

rivermunky 15 100      
    BadBoyBret 25 75      
    GELDY 32 71      
    MASSIE29 37 118      
    AlfPachino 40 46      
    day4eire76 42 90      
  • edited January 2013

only two...
    time main mini      
    21:34 35 107      

MASSIE29 27 77      
    GELDY 34 28      

• edited January 2013

one
    time main mini      
    21:39 27 91      

GELDY 14 35      

• edited January 2013
    i needed that double up - i had been down to 110 chips
  • edited January 2013
    sigh - out the main in 15th

still recovering in the 5k BH - up to 4500 from a low of 110

• edited January 2013
    I would fast foward the bubble can take agesssssssss and alot of people run the timer down boringggggg what are u in the tourney for to min cash or go for the win :)
  • edited January 2013
    hello

Question about tonights £55 £5000 turbo bounty hunter

It is listed as 50% to the prize money and 50% to the bounty meaning that everyone should have started with a £25 bounty on their head but instead everyone had £37.50 on their head meaning that 75% of the prize pool is on bounties. Can you explain?

Thanks
  • edited January 2013
    hi guys. honestly cant believe how bad  a player i think i am now as played last 2 days in very small tourneys and honestly i was really poor. only joined 2 days ago so just on my defence i found it hard to use. like riding a bike i suppose. hard @ first but hopefully easy after. be patient with us newbes. adios amigos