You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50nl thoughts against a reg

2»

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: 50nl thoughts against a reg:
    That's slander bolly i'm not happy about that, i'm a nit I play 24+ tables ffs don't have time between folding to bluff!!
    Posted by beaneh
    just small observations my good sir
  • edited January 2013
    you chk raise the turn,to try and win the pot there and then,you are showing strength,if they come over the top,then easy you fold,if  they just flat u lead out the turn, to get the drawing hands to fold,if they call,you then are pretty sure your behind. Now you say that the opponent has the iniative,you should be trying to take away his advantage of position,and trying to win the hand. The way it was played the only time you tried to take control and win the hand,was pre. this way you have tried,to win the hand down the streets,at a cost effective way,as oppposed to the way it was played. It also makes your decisions alot easier. we all play differentley,and are willing to learn. This is how i would have played the hand,and tried to explain my reasoning,it may be flawed,and these flawes will be explained thru posts like this,then i myself can take something away from this post. Did u have a plan once the flop came down ?
    Posted by thejudge10
    Sorry but il have to disagree with you here on this 1 as i think its crazy trying to take control of a hand with possible showdown value and trying to turn it into a bluff by raising for information.
  • edited January 2013
    lol at not 3 betting kj, i dont give a s hi t if its 10-3, if we get enough folds pre, or villain in question folds a lot of flops then 3-betting is all ways fine also with slight uncertainty of villains tendencies i still prefer 3-bet to call(fold />call, fold vs unknown), i have no idea what you going on about here curt tbh. You clearly have a bluff catcher bearly, if i knew who this was i could have more info but its an oppo dependant scenario obv, fold flop imo vs most regs at nl50, there's only a couple that would raise that flop as a  semi bluff and fire the turn and river as a bluff, vs bad regs having a deeper stack will induce more bluffing in their game i find in general. EDIT:sorry not singled you out curt as you talk a lot of sense on the forum, tbf you did say more info on reg is needed to 3-bet, true but all info needed is success on 3bet to fold ratio, and c-bet (in 3-bet pot) to fold ratio.
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    No problem at all, glad when people disagree and have different views and opinions on a hand.

I just think pre is a bit of a cloudy area. It just doesn't seem like were 100% sure why we are 3betting. Obv it would be easier is we had more info of villain, there tendencies and how capable they are. The plus is we have gained the betting lead and initiative in hand and the negatives are we are OOP with a marginal hand vs a range that probably has us beat (obv will vary from reg to reg and this is why more info would give a clearer answer) so I just don't see why we would want to get into a marginal spot like this.  

Now Bearlyther is a capable player, so imagine you are 3betting pre and having to play a pot from OOP vs yourself with KJ 200bb deep, if that makes sense. Would you think of it as been a good spot?
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: 50nl thoughts against a reg : ha well was guna say in the post theres like a select few people who bluff on sky. But against a lot of 50nl grinders propably a flop fold. Also you post a "is this a good bluffing spot" post on the forum like once a week how I can i fold top top v you lol  at 50nl people who could bluff here when I used to play it Beaneh, Curt360, Jackl and Sam1986 when he plays this low. If you think im calling v Gerrard9/Ludacris better chuck yourself out a window right now
    Posted by bolly580
    2/4 aint bad I guess.

• edited January 2013
    I did make the call and he has j10off floated me on the flop and picked up open ended straight draw on the turn.
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    Why do people not post names on this forum?? When hands are shown on the sky TV channel, we see names so not sure why we don't here. There's no way of determing whether you played the hand good or badly without knowing who the opponent was. 

Or at the very least, some reads on this opponent.
  • edited January 2013
    yeah hero should put reads down, but i don't think names should be revealed. tv channel shows hands from cash games that have a tv symbol on so players sitting down on those tables have to accept their play being shown. otherwise no show imo
  • edited January 2013
    Why do people not post names on this forum?? When hands are shown on the sky TV channel, we see names so not sure why we don't here. There's no way of determing whether you played the hand good or badly without knowing who the opponent was.  Or at the very least, some reads on this opponent.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

Would you post a hand against me, then discussing everything you think about me, how I play, how you adjust accordingly etc? It would be a bad idea. Obviously if someone is really paying attention they can notice that it was a hand they've played being shown from the other perspective. Similarly why would you want to give away all your reads on someone to the whole forum?

Discussing the players tendencies is really important but to stop it from becoming too focused on the particular player it's best to keep names out of it and talk slightly more in generalities.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: 50nl thoughts against a reg : No problem at all, glad when people disagree and have different views and opinions on a hand. I just think pre is a bit of a cloudy area. It just doesn't seem like were 100% sure  why we are 3betting. Obv it would be easier is we had more info of villain, there tendencies and how capable they are. The plus is we have gained the betting lead and initiative in hand and the negatives are we are OOP with a marginal hand vs a range that probably has us beat (obv will vary from reg to reg and this is why more info would give a clearer answer) so I just don't see why we would want to get into a marginal spot like this.    Now Bearlyther is a capable player, so imagine you are 3betting pre and having to play a pot from OOP vs yourself with KJ 200bb deep, if that makes sense. Would you think of it as been a good spot?
    Posted by Curt360x27
    that rattled my brain lol ;) i don't know :S, but disregarding hand value fo a second i am looking to take it down pre or on the flop and mainly figuring out the  chance of success by looking at the type of player were facing. Vs a tight range kj does pretty bad, but our three-bet, continuation-bets work well vs a tight range imo, as we can read the board more confidently, read their ranges better etc and continue or give up accordingly, i am not looking to hit my hand as such so therefore essentially bluffing, i think its good to do this .. 

there are better player than myself out there, you may be one curt but i am all ways willing to learn and to be frank i do put myself in tough spots a lot so my logic could be wrong but also i get greater succes when i 3-bet more and call less, but something tells me i should not talk strategy with good players who play at same stakes, just greater chance of me getting owned lol ..il keep quiet now :)