You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Ryan: the official show thread + competi

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Rich, how is the situation on the B202 today?

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Hello chaps and chappesses,

Here's your show for this Sunday night's LIVE show on Sky Poker TV!

Your hosts: Richard Orford and Ryan Spittles

And the rundown:

7pm- Live coverage from the MasterCash tables and a look at the big games upcoming that night.

8pm - Analyse My Play- we'll follow volunteers live in The £10,000 Primo. Email your details if you want us to follow you. skyopen@bskyb.com

9pm-– More live MasterCash coverage- this time rapid-fire as we blitz every TV table we can. make sure you're on a Mastercash table in this hour for some airtime.

10pm- Live coverage from the prestigious 9pm £110 buy-in £5,000 GTD Bounty Hunter

11pm- Late-night live coverage of the latter stages of the Sunday Night Big Game: the 10K Primo 

All that, plus your input- whether it's on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com, or via Twitter #skypokertv

I also have 4 seats into Tuesday's 8.15pm mini event to give away and they'll go to good hand requests (send in those Primo and Mastercash hand ids into us) and also my favourite answers to this:

Andy Warhol once said that everyone gets 15 minutes of fame. What happened during your 15 minutes?

Obviously, you don't have to have been a Premiership footballer or a world famous poker player to answer this! Use your imagination. Something in the local paper? On Twitter? Facebook? At school? At a work do? Something on Sky Poker? Something at a live poker venue? You get the idea.

4 of you will get freerolled into Tuesday's mini MTT and everyone's answers will get read out on the show!

Good luck and see you all on Sunday at 7pm- Channel 861 or streamed on this very site!
  • edited January 2013
    Hi Richard,

Thanks to Sky Poker & the Poker Gods, with a great helping of support from the Sky community, July 2010 was my 15 mins of fame. The 10 -1 outsider of the Viva Las Vegas team, the "eye candy" for Tikay, I binked and sidestepped my way to day 5 of the Main Event. I was the best finishing European woman and outlasted 7,000 other players, BUT I was still NOT the best Sky Poker regular still in the event. Yes that fresh faced "boy" sat next to you grinded his way into the top 25, and nearly got as much TV time as me lol.

It's only with hindsight you appreciate things as "epic" as the WSOP main event surely is, but it would have been complete if you had been there to share it with us; so this year maybe Rich? 

Luv

Sue
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Reds: the official show thread + competition:
    Rich, how is the situation on the B202 today?
    Posted by BorinLoner

Lol! Good spot, Borin. I wonder how many other Sky Poker regular viewers will have clocked that ad over the last week or so?
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Reds: the official show thread + competition:
    Hi Richard,          Thanks to Sky Poker & the Poker Gods, with a great helping of support from the Sky community, July 2010 was my 15 mins of fame. The 10 -1 outsider of the Viva Las Vegas team, the "eye cand y " for Tikay, I binked and sidestepped my way to day 5 of the Main Event. I was the best finishing European woman and outlasted 7,000 other players, BUT I was still NOT the best Sky Poker regular still in the event. Yes that fresh faced "boy" sat next to you grinded his way into the top 25, and nearly got as much TV ti m e as me lol.          It's only with hindsight you appreciate things as "epic" as the WSOP main event surely is, but it would have been complete if you had been there to share it with us; so this year maybe Rich?  Luv Sue
    Posted by kidgirlgy
    Thanks Sue, great answer and yes, I agree- the only way our players will be able to fully enjoy Vegas this year is if, cough, cough, I'm there too.

Hope the suits see this thread...
  • edited January 2013
    Right, 24 hours to go to the show- and I need more details of your 15 mins of fame everyone so I can hand out free mini seats tomorrow and give you all airtime.

Plus Primo volunteers please- we want to follow your play between 8 and 9 tomorrow night.
  • edited January 2013
    My 15 mins of fame:

In the early 80's whilst serving in the Royal Navy , we were on patrol in the Persian gulf during the Iran/Iraq war.
    We had a BBC film crew on board doing a piece about how our boys were protecting the merchant shipping through the Straits of Hormuz.

Our Executive Officer , in his infinite wisdom, decided to demonstrate how we would react to an incoming missile (he didn't tell us he was going to do it!!)
    So at 3am in the morning the General Alarm was sounded with the news that a missile was heading our way (squeaky bottom time).
    We all rushed to our Action Stations and i was was filmed manning a 20mm cannon on the upper deck (totally ineffective against a missile!).
    Anyway we were all stood down after 15 mins , to our relief.
    The film clip ended up on the 10 O'Clock news :-)
    Not quite 15 mins but my family saw me :-)

Suffice to say the XO wasn't the most popular guy for the rest of the trip !
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Ryan: the official show thread + competition:
    My 15 mins of fame: In the early 80's whilst serving in the Royal Navy , we were on patrol in the Persian gulf during the Iran/Iraq war. We had a BBC film crew on board doing a piece about how our boys were protecting the merchant shipping through the Straits of Hormuz. Our Executive Officer , in his infinite wisdom, decided to demonstrate how we would react to an incoming missile (he didn't tell us he was going to do it!!) So at 3am in the morning the General Alarm was sounded with the news that a missile was heading our way (squeaky bottom time). We all rushed to our Action Stations and i was was filmed manning a 20mm cannon on the upper deck (totally ineffective against a missile!). Anyway we were all stood down after 15 mins , to our relief. The film clip ended up on the 10 O'Clock news :-) Not quite 15 mins but my family saw me :-) Suffice to say the XO wasn't the most popular guy for the rest of the trip !
    Posted by VespaPX
    Nice one, Vespa!

Keep them coming please, everyone. 6 hours to the show!
  • edited January 2013
    Well I had 15 minutes of fame (not necessarily 15 minutes to be proud of) when I was on the ITV show 'Teenagers From Hell'.

In fact, I think I've said this before cos I have a vague memory of you reading it out Rich but always good for a laugh. Basically we had a camera loaned from ITV to film a house party so they could discuss teenage binge drinking etc.

Might actually be trying to satellite for the Primo for once tonight so keep a window open for the Anaylse My Play ;)
  • edited January 2013
    I was on a quiz show in the early 90's called XYZ (thin brag alert).  I won it, not a great show and not an amazing prize, a weekend in Brighton, but I liked it.  The funny thing about it was I was drinking in a pub about 2 years after it was shown and someone came up to me and recognised me from it!  

In 2009, my best mate and I were interviewed in Sheffield by a WWE tv crew.  Parts of this interview were used to promote the suvivor series PPV that year.  We were on tv twice every 5 minutes for just over a week.  Even I was bored of seeing me on TV after that!

Oh, and last night I came back from going down to 60 chips after the second hand of a bounty hunter last night to win it.  Nothing to do with 15 mins of fame but I'm telling eveyone about it! 

Run well everyone
  • edited January 2013
    Just got in the Semi for £2.60 Rich, so bit of rungood in the Semi and you can stick me down ;)
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Ryan: the official show thread + competition:
    Just got in the Semi for £2.60 Rich, so bit of rungood in the Semi and you can stick me down ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    OK, good luck Paul.

Anyone else want to have a whole hour of TV dedicated to them tonight from 8?

If you're in the Primo then let us know!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Ryan: the official show thread + competition : OK, good luck Paul. Anyone else want to have a whole hour of TV dedicated to them tonight from 8? If you're in the Primo then let us know!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I've decided I'm gonna just BI regardless (hopefully I'll get my BI back tho in the Primo Semi) so can I be the person covered :)
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Ryan: the official show thread + competition : I've decided I'm gonna just BI regardless (hopefully I'll get my BI back tho in the Primo Semi) so can I be the person covered :)
    Posted by Lambert180
    I'll pass it on to the producer!
  • edited January 2013
    jeez

can´t compete against this lot

sigh

oh to be an over-achiever...........
  • edited January 2013
    hi rich

my 15 mins of fame:

played darts on sky sports back in 2003,was only on about 15 mins aswell as got beat 5-1 lol,got the dreaded dartitis after that and had to give up(gutted).still play to super league and county level but not to the standard i was:-(
  • edited January 2013
    Evening Rich & Ryan!! Looking forward to a great show as always!! Did anyone on the show on thursday manage to find out why there isnt a show on tuesday?? If they did i must of missed it (hint hint if somebody could please tell me that would be great!! lol).
    Wow some of these 15mins of fame are awesome!! lol judging by most of these i would asume i have not had mine yet!! lol mayb when steve bruce scored to headers against wednesday in injury time in 1993, i was spotted on my dads shoulders celebrating!! lol

Looking forward to the show guys
    speak later
    Stuart
  • edited January 2013
    Hi Rich
    Could you give a shout out to Woogie8688 (Mike) as he hasn't been seen around for a while and we're all hoping he comes back soon.
    Cheers
    Mick
  • edited January 2013
    Not much to report....But i did win a karaoke grand final.
    Best senior garden in Liverpool 2012.
    And saved some blokes life on a cruise last year, was with him in the sauna and he collasped managed to hold him and stop him cracking his head. grabbed a towel to fan him with, then shouted for help. anyway it turned out he had a pacemaker fitted and going in a sauna can be fatal. He was from South Africa and we still keep in touch.....That all adds up to about 13min 16sec

So not really what you would call famous, But i might get a mention..LOL.
  • edited January 2013
    I have had a few "15 minutes of fame."

My first was on the tv show, The Krypton Factor. I won two shows and reached the Grand Final. I was featured on the front page of my local newspaper and for several months I was viewed like a celebrity. Because I was on three shows over a three month period, it was more than 15 minutes & I had to do a live interview on local radio on Boxing Day just before the Grand Final was shown on TV.

My biggest 15 minutes of fame (at least for me financially) was winning £50,000 on the TV show, The Chair with John McEnroe. No-one seems to remember it now (it was in 2002) but it was a bit like Millionaire except that you lost your money if you heart rate went up. Certainly it paid for a new car (£10k), set of windows (£15k) and my wife's shoe collection (£25k).

I have been on several other Tv shows including Winner Takes All, 15 to 1, The Other Half & Pointless but maybe if I was on SKY Poker (hint hint) that would top the lot. Maybe I need to win the Jackpot to get on the show!
  • edited January 2013
    Great answers so far!

Still looking for volunteers to be followed in The Primo- let us know on this thread. 

See you in 9 minutes!
  • edited January 2013
    I have had a few "15 minutes of fame." My first was on the tv show, The Krypton Factor. I won two shows and reached the Grand Final. I was featured on the front page of my local newspaper and for several months I was viewed like a celebrity. Because I was on three shows over a three month period, it was more than 15 minutes & I had to do a live interview on local radio on Boxing Day just before the Grand Final was shown on TV. My biggest 15 minutes of fame (at least for me financially) was winning £50,000 on the TV show, The Chair with John McEnroe. No-one seems to remember it now (it was in 2002) but it was a bit like Millionaire except that you lost your money if you heart rate went up. Certainly it paid for a new car (£10k), set of windows (£15k) and my wife's shoe collection (£25k). I have been on several other Tv shows including Winner Takes All, 15 to 1, The Other Half & Pointless but maybe if I was on SKY Poker (hint hint) that would top the lot. Maybe I need to win the Jackpot to get on the show!
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    we have a winner.......

Like Geldy I can't compete with this. However, I was in the audience of the old chatshow Tricia back in the day. I managed to get on the telly by sticking my hand up and asking the people who were on the show a question....but this does not even come close to competing with a Krypton Factor grand finalist!

Have a great tonight guys :)
  • edited January 2013
    I haven't had me 15 minutes yet, but when I do a lot of influential people need taking down a peg.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Ryan: the official show thread + competition : I'll pass it on to the producer!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Cheers Rich, I busted the Semi but I'm registered for the Primo now
  • edited January 2013
    I haven't had me 15 minutes yet, but when I do a lot of influential people need taking down a peg.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    This sounds like something a Bond villain might say. Have you been plotting some sort of nefarious scheme, Wilhelm? :P
  • edited January 2013
    I have a few 15 minutes of fame type things.

The first would be from about 8 years ago now. I was interviewed live on BBC News Look North about Paul Gascoigne signing for Boston United!
    I was also in the audience and shown on screen for a filming of the Friday Night Project on Channel 4, about 4/5 years ago, when David Hasselhoff guest presented the show.
    I featured on Page 3 of my local newspaper only two weeks ago, here is the online version of the article.. http://www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/news/latest-news/food-appeal-success-just-massive-1-4619219 I am the tall guy at the back of the photo!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Ryan: the official show thread + competition : This sounds like something a Bond villain might say. Have you been plotting some sort of nefarious scheme, Wilhelm? :P
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I'm usually have a few plots on the go.  FYI, Jamie Oliver is at the top of my hit list.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Ryan: the official show thread + competition : Cheers Rich, I busted the Semi but I'm registered for the Primo now
    Posted by Lambert180
    GWAN PAUL!
  • edited January 2013
    Mr orford, thanks for showing the sick brag hand.

As for the footy, I was there, total rubdown from orfaldo!!!!
  • edited January 2013
    i dont mind you anaylsing my play i could do with sharpening up my game, got some old habits creeping back.  Last time ryan critised my game did me the world of good tina
  • edited January 2013
    Good eveng gentlemen,

My 15 minutesof fame

I was the youngest solo female to reach the north pole pole by dog sled,I battled blizzards tempretures of -40
    suffered frostbite in my toes lost most of my supplies when I crashed through the ice, lived on dog biscuits and the raw meat meant for the dogs, just as I was insight of my goal________________________________